Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Offer for Interim FTP and another note

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dave Posted - 02/20/2002 : 10:37:38 AM
First, I'd like to offer an interim FTP until you guys find one that you can use year-round. Just simply have someone get in touch with me if you want. The other note... you guys get really pissed off when someone asks a "Dave" question but when someone asks a question as stupid as "Fire or Sand", you see the most honest, enduring replies. Just think about the double standard. That's all.

-Dave-
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 03/04/2002 : 06:13:07 AM
Me Tooooooo!

TTT

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Silky The Pimp Posted - 03/03/2002 : 7:59:58 PM
You's the exception... glad you're back foo.
-J

Fluffy Posted - 03/03/2002 : 06:29:20 AM
Thanx Dave, great timing, TR wants to release Petroglyph as a free download and we have no FTP site to put it on. Back to the top, in hopes that Jon will check in and see this. I will mention it to him when I talk to him next. You are a "stand-up" guy.

By the way, I must be the .1% that Silky was talking about. Always the minority.(but such a TINY minority)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Saint Jude Posted - 02/21/2002 : 10:53:23 PM
do i have to give him a hand job now..... cuz i dont do that anymore... i thought i told u that.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 02/21/2002 : 10:17:27 PM
quote:

Isn't anyone else going to actually THANK Dave for volunteering to host an FTP for a while?
-J

-Jason-

If you had a neck and I had hands, I would squeeze your brain, which is your body, right out the top of your head, which does not exist!
pcbTIM Posted - 02/21/2002 : 6:46:14 PM
Well....I could thank him.....but I already have all the videos from the site. Oh what the hell...thanks for the offer.

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Silky The Pimp Posted - 02/21/2002 : 6:12:16 PM
Isn't anyone else going to actually THANK Dave for volunteering to host an FTP for a while?
-J

Black Lotus Posted - 02/21/2002 : 1:43:32 PM
quote:

So TIM and Luke Skywalker are the same person?

-Jason-

Mmmmmm-mmmm, Luke Skywalker, he is.

-----------
Trade my life for a barrel of gold.
Find someone else before I get too old.
If I live my life for aesthetic gain,
will you repay me with all your pain?
pcbTIM Posted - 02/20/2002 : 10:06:36 PM
quote:

Just like Mark Hamill couldn't get anyone to look at him as any other character than Luke Skywalker after he did the Star Wars movies

My step-dad built a house for him! From what I heard, he's bitter towards Harrison Ford because he kept on making movies. I also heard that he was a pain in the ass.

"I do what I can with what I've got."
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 02/20/2002 : 7:32:32 PM
So TIM and Luke Skywalker are the same person?

-Jason-

If you had a neck and I had hands, I would squeeze your brain, which is your body, right out the top of your head, which does not exist!
Silky The Pimp Posted - 02/20/2002 : 6:12:11 PM
Thanks for the offer Dave, I'm sure Jon will get in contact with you if he ever checks back in. And don't mind the weirdness involving Dave Matthews topics... everyone here loves DMB and we all know it. He is the single catalyst behind how 99.9% of us all got into TR. If you look in the "how I got into Tim" thread, you won't see too many people saying that they were huge TR fans, and then they heard that he played with DMB and got into DMB that way. I think the weirdness comes from a lot of people wanting to disassociate Tim from Dave Matthews as a respect thing for Tim, which although it would be nice, it just isn't going to happen any time soon. Tim is affected by what I would call the "Luke Skywalker" phenomenon. Just like Mark Hamill couldn't get anyone to look at him as any other character than Luke Skywalker after he did the Star Wars movies, so is the association between Tim and Dave. That's where almost everyone knows him from, so he is associated as such. The funny/hypocritical thing about it is that most of the folks here want Tim to be widely looked at as an artist unconnected one way or another to Dave, but just about every last one of us would LOVE to see Tim tour with Dave or DMB again. I personally have no problems with DMB topics over here, I actually welcome them because I don't like to participate at places like nancies.org because it's just not as cool as here... but I am still as big of a DMB fan as anyone out there, as are most of the people here... so I personally think it's great to have topics on more musicians than JUST TR. Look at all the talk that goes on here about Tool, nobody cares because the folks here don't feel as thought Tim is unjustly living in their shadow. Just my .02 based upon observations that I've made. Thanks again for being such a sport about hosting a temporary FTP, that is very cool/generous of you.
-J

Jay Posted - 02/20/2002 : 5:46:07 PM
hey i live to ask pointless questions!

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Erich with an h Posted - 02/20/2002 : 12:50:08 PM
well, you dont get asked fire or sand questions all the time with the assumption that fire is always associated with sand, and cannot function outside of sand. double standards are only relative to normal standards...

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Xar666 Posted - 02/20/2002 : 11:17:25 AM
quote:

you guys get really pissed off when someone asks a "Dave" question but when someone asks a question as stupid as "Fire or Sand", you see the most honest, enduring replies. Just think about the double standard

I agree. There are a lot of worthless topics.

-Xar666

I never really hated a one true god, but the god of the people I hated.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 02/20/2002 : 10:48:12 AM
Thank you for this fabulous offer, my friend.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000