Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 K Lesko, check your comp for a virus

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Erich with an h Posted - 01/29/2002 : 05:09:38 AM
i got a few emails from your address saying "New pictures from my party!", but they were just garbled text. then i saw this:

http://atforumz.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109510

watch out....

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LizT Posted - 01/29/2002 : 4:34:19 PM
eeeekk, I just checked my norton antivirus software and haven't updated it in 120 days....Thanks for reminding me Dave!

Black Lotus Posted - 01/29/2002 : 11:47:04 AM
As long as you didn't open the attachment or the email itself, you should be OK. Delete the email and make sure you empty your trash folder (recycle bin) as well - including the one in your email program, if it has one.

The virus is triggered to go off on certain days of this month only. But there may be newer versions out there already. Just read the post that I linked to above and check for the files that I mention. If they're there, delete them and you should be clean.

But just to be safe, take my advice again and download a good virus protection program. Better yet, go BUY one. Get Norton AntiVirus - it is by far the best virus program in the world today. You can even get a free evaluation copy from www.symantec.com or www.norton.com (I think).

At any rate, if you have any problems, let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

-
Stonimal rights activist with a dented ass.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 01/29/2002 : 11:41:17 AM
Lotus, thanks. I'm not super saavy on the computer. So if my computer isn't messing up, does that mean it's ok? I got the email on a internet account and didn't download any of the "pictures" or anything....let me know what I should do. And keep in mind that if it requires too much knowledge of the computer, I'll probably fuck it up worse than it might be now...

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Black Lotus Posted - 01/29/2002 : 09:28:52 AM
Damn .... hey Lesko, NEVER OPEN EMAIL ATTACHMENTS FROM PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW! GO download norton antivirus - www.symantec.com or www.download.com and clean your system.

Delete the following files from your computer:
C:\recycled\regctrl.exe (only visible from an MS DOs prompt)
C:\regctrl.exe
%userprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\mstask.exe

And of course, delete the email.

-
Stonimal rights activist with a dented ass.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000