Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Good Vacation Spots

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Isaac Posted - 01/17/2002 : 11:51:02 AM
Alright guys, I'm seriously considering taking a little road trip during my between semmester down time in early February. My problem is I have no idea where to go. I'm in southern Wisconsin btw, where are some cool places we could go?

So far I've thought about heading towards the dakota's and checking out Mt. Rushmore, or maybe heading down to Charlottsville and checking out like the motherland where Dave, Tim and the boys all met?

3----------------------->

Isaac
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 01/25/2002 : 1:30:26 PM
Maybe I'm just delusional. But I swear that when I look in the mirror I see a ten story building under my armpit. Then I ask my girl and she says that there's nothing there. So I look again. There it is.
She denies it, but I know it's there. I think she's spying on me.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Fluffy Posted - 01/25/2002 : 09:57:59 AM
Funny, you didn't seem that tall when I met you. I guess I will have to pay more attention next time, I don't know how I could have missed it. Weren't you right in the front row? Was everyone yelling at you to go to the back of the room. If you are that size I would imagine you obscured everyones veiw. I have a picture of you sitting there in the front row and you don't look any bigger than anyone else. At least not any noticeable amount. RU pulling my leg with this 10 story building thing?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 01/25/2002 : 09:41:58 AM
Um...I have a ten-story building in my armpit. Call me crazy...

-Jason-

Fluffy Posted - 01/25/2002 : 08:38:27 AM
quote:
The faces on Mt Rushmore could fit in the eyes on the Crazy Horse Monument.
And if you click on the link do you see the space under his outstretched arm? If I remember correctly, you would be able to put a 10 story building under his arm in that space. It is the entire mountain being carved into a statue. It is truly amazing!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 01/24/2002 : 8:59:02 PM
I neither knew that it was only 17 miles from Rushmore nor that it was ... well, that it was. I had heard of it, but I suppose that had slipped from my memory. How much bigger is it than Rushmore?

-Jason-

Fluffy Posted - 01/24/2002 : 11:12:31 AM
Found it: http://www.crazyhorse.org/

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 01/24/2002 : 11:09:57 AM
Well worth a trip back my friend. Rushmore pails in comparison on sheer size alone. Although alot of people will tell you size doesn't matter. In this case, IT DOES!!! Instead of carvings on a MT, the MT is the carving. UNBELIEVEABLE!! I will see if I can find a link on the internet somewhere.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Silky The Pimp Posted - 01/24/2002 : 11:06:51 AM
Rushmore is definitely cool though... I think crazy horse was not open when I was there this summer so I didn't get to see it.
-J

Fluffy Posted - 01/24/2002 : 03:55:12 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So far I've thought about heading towards the dakota's and checking out Mt. Rushmore
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fuck Mt Rushmore, a couple miles aways is Crazy Horse Monument. Way worth a visit. Way more impressive than that tribute to the presidents. The faces on Mt Rushmore could fit in the eyes on the Crazy Horse Monument. I took lots of pics when I was there. To bad it was in my pre-digital camera days. That place brought tears to my eyes. Totally un-govt sanctioned and not govt subsidized. The true AMERICAN spirit. One mans vision on behalf of a conquered people. Truly moving. The Badlands are also close by, and they are just AWE-INSPIRING. Check it out. I walked with the buffalos there. Really walked with them. No fences. It was one of the most truly beautiful experiences of my life. Rew witnessed it and thought I was crazy. I probably was, but how many chances in life do you get to do something like that.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 01/23/2002 : 03:33:30 AM
quote:
GEEZ!!! You Americans.....You all outta visit me here in East TIMor sometime. It's the best place on the planet. The sky is yellow and the sun is blue and music fills the air. There's a TR show everynight that plays in TIMe with meteor showers and Auroras. You can hear it no matter where you go. Even at night, the sky is all the colors of the rainbow with the stars in between. All the rich ripe food you need grows on trees and it snows off and on which makes everything even more beautiful yet it's not cold. I can walk around bare feet in it. There are purple mountains everywhere you look and tons and tons of trees. The trees have power over all the major decisions. They rule, everyone else follows. The water in the thousands of lakes, rivers and oceans is so clean and pure you can drink from them. And you get to take rides on whales whenever you want. Wow and then there's the animals...all kinds of animals and they come over for dinner and talk about daily current events such as how amazingly healthy everyone and everything is. And how there's nothing left to do but smile smile smile. Not even the scarlet begonias give anyone a touch of the blues.
That's East TIMor..I'm not sure where it is on the map cause we don't have maps here. People wander but they never get lost and all that glitters is not gold, yet everything is golden. The old that is strong does not wither and deep roots are never reached by the frost!!
Your all invited.
Some Americans in white coats keep trying to take me to a little white room with no windows, but they can't catch me!!!

East TIMor is sounding pretty nice. Might want to check that out!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 01/23/2002 : 02:41:49 AM
Come to Mississippi. Oh wait, nevermind.

-Jason-

Evergreen Posted - 01/22/2002 : 12:55:20 PM
Go to Baja!
or St. John

EVERGREEN 143
Silky The Pimp Posted - 01/18/2002 : 11:20:44 AM
Yosemite is awesome, but there is much more at Yellowstone... Then again Glacier is beautiful as well... so is Crater Lake... Grand Canyon... Bryce... Lake Powell... Glenn Canyon...

Take your pick... they are all amazing. If I could only recommend one though I'd say either Yellowstone or Crater Lake.
-J

pcbTIM Posted - 01/18/2002 : 04:43:59 AM
Well..even though you said you didn't want to see nature and it's out of the way, I'd still recommend Yosemite. The views are amazing and the water is freezing in the summer. I've also heard that they have some cool slopes in the winter, if you're into skiing or snowboarding.

"War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."
"Why would you even shake a man's hand if you're not going to help him stand."
KevinLesko Posted - 01/18/2002 : 04:05:10 AM
Stay the Hell away from Palm Springs. I lived out in that hellhole for years, I dont undestand why so many rich folks choose to live out there and vacation there.

The outer banks of North Carolina are one of my favorite spots.

Silky The Pimp Posted - 01/17/2002 : 4:20:53 PM
If you want a kick ass city head to Vegas... doesn't matter if you are 21 or not, Vegas is awesome. There is so much to do there that unless you are planning on gambling, the age factor is nill. There is more good food, fun shows, amazing sights, and hot ass there than you can imagine. You can stay on the strip very inexpensively (I stayed at the MGM Grand for $79/night split between 3 people). Just walking around to see all the Hotels will take you a few days. I've got to say, that would be incomparably more fun that a trip to C-Ville... unless of course you happen to run into Dave Matthews.
-J

Isaac Posted - 01/17/2002 : 3:49:08 PM
Yeah i feel super limited because I'm not 21 so even if I did go to Charlottsville or any cool cities I couldn't go into any bars.

I guess i'd like more cool cities then pretty nature shit. I really like food, so places with good food are a plus. I'm really not sure what I'm looking for exactly (thats why I'm asking you guys hehe).

3----------------------->

Isaac
Saint Jude Posted - 01/17/2002 : 2:56:42 PM
when ever i get a few weeks off and some gas moeny i am going to take a trip to red bank new jersey. If anyone else her is a k. smith fan you know why.

Taking a trip to dave, tim, greg, land seems interesting. I would think that would be a fun and interesting trip. if u do make sure to stop by millers yo.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Silky The Pimp Posted - 01/17/2002 : 2:47:32 PM
I road tripped the entire country this summer... Let me know what kind of things you want to see (beautiful nature vs. cool cities etc..) and I'll tell you exactly where cool things are. I have pictures of all the different places as well if you want visuals.
-J

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000