Who is enjoying "Like Some Kind of Alien Invasion"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2014 :  9:50:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who is enjoying "Like Some Kind of Alien Invasion" right now? Only a few hours in, and I'm loving the recent tour staples and hearing the expert performances and the great production work thus far.

What do you guys think?

KennyQBall
Is Anybody Here?

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2014 :  7:43:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit KennyQBall's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's been a long, long time since I've posted but I just had to come on to say how I'm loving the new album. I haven't even received the damn CD in the mail yet but I've already listened to the album (mp3)a few times.

For me, there's 3 songs that I just can't get enough of: Everything I Believe In, Grania, & Revelation. I'm loving the whole thing but these 3 tracks, for now, are rising above the rest.

I can't help but just move to EIBI and I love the lyrics that go along with the bop. Grania takes me on that journey through space and sound that I think only Tim & TR3 is capable of. I don't even know how else to describe it. Revelation has that fantastic, heavy sounds that I think would fit right in on the Puke Matrix live album. That song has some balls.

Just bought my ticket to the Dallas, TX show and there's a good chance I'll take a drive down to Austin the next night. After listening to the new album and considering how rarely the boys make it to Texas, how could I not? Plus, the last time TR3 was in town, the show was phenomenal and we had a great chat after the show...One of those unforgettable nights.

So, yeah...great job on the album and I'm really looking forward to hearing it live and showing my appreciation to the band once again. See you in November!
Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  9:41:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, the physical copy of the album did take a while to ship. Glad to have it now!

I totally agree about your assessment of Grania. I think it has been among my favorites of their newer songs over the last year or so and it has been great to hear the studio version. I really enjoy the tone of the double neck 12-string on the tune. Never thought I'd want a 12-string electric, but after hearing Grania and a few other tunes where TR plays his double neck, I'm definitely more interested. Maybe after I win the lottery.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000