New Music I have been listening too
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2003 :  8:30:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I keep hoping I will have to TIMe to post on these bands in greater detail, but I am in BUSY HELL right now. I just wanted to post them and when and if I find the TIMe I will post more details about each.

Marcus Eaton & the Lobby "The Day the World Woke Up"

Luther Wright & the Wrongs "Rebuilding the Wall"

BROCK "6 song demo"

Shuggie Otis "Inspirational Information"

Pete Griesar "Superfastgo"

Dan Dugmore "Off-White Album"(unreleased at the moment, should be out soon)

Jeff Aug "Before the After"

The Watchers (Demo)

Worry Stones "Nova Custom"

Georgia Avenue "Streets Divided"

and lots lots more, but I think these are the ones that would be of interest to folks on the board for one reason or another.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2003 :  8:43:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

Luther Wright & the Wrongs "Rebuilding the Wall"

fucking awsome fluffy. I heard a lot of that on nyc's Q104.3 right when it was comming out.

"Are there any deer in the audience tonight..."

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2003 :  8:46:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I got to see the perfomance of "Rebuilding the Wall" live at Fletchers in Baltimore. It was awesome. I tried to go to the show in VA on the following Friday, but that was the nite Rick called me as I was walking out the door for the show, to inform me that the record store was flooding. I didn't make it to the Friday show and I am really bummed. They were very nice guys and they put on an awesome show. Their pedal steel player is amazing. ENJOY!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2003 :  9:03:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hummmm more music, geeze and I was trying to cut back.....like that was really going to happen.

Can't wait for more info. I rarely listen to radio any more so doubt I will hear these.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2003 :  9:29:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
speaking of which, did you get the Gathering cd in the mail yet? how do you like it?

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2003 :  12:32:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I got it yesterday and as you would say it is "Fucking Awesome" hehe. I listened to it with head phones.....really amazing sound! She has an incredible voice! Just love it!!!!! Thanks for the recommendation! I guess they were holding up the order because of Superfastgo which wasn't released yet and I ordered it at the same TIMe, so they came together yesterday.

Worth the wait! Both CD's!Thanks Erich!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2003 :  2:53:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok, first BROCK:

Brock reminds me of Citizen Cope, only a better singer and guitar player. I guess a better comparison would be Stanley Jordan meets G. Love & Special Sauce. Although he also have songs that are quite reminiscent of SRV as well, and he even does a Hendrix cover, and he does it GREAT!! Brock is a big TR fan and after witnessing the "building" process that TR uses with the pedals, Brock took it to another level creating his own virtual band with just the guitar. He plays drum and bass parts on the guitar and once those are sampled and looped, he plays guitar over top with his own "created on the spot" rhythm section. It is really amazing to see. He also has a band but I have not seen him perform with the band yet. He mastered the sample/looping technique so he could play out solo. It has impress many folks and has already lead to a mgmt contract and possible a publishing deal. He is being courted by labels and you will probably hear more about him in the not to distant future. He has 3 songs you can download from his site:

http://www.brockband.com/index.html

Keep in mind, these recordings were done live, all in one take, much like Gossip of the Neurons. Every sound you hear is guitar(except for vocals of course)NO OVERDUBS(except for I think one vocal harmony)All other sounds are created by BROCK live. It is really amazing. In the song "Rise To the Top" actually references TR. The line is, "Now I grow impatient to get back to the space station/Teleport like TIM/Lyrically you can't come near me/And like Jimi/You just can't hear me" Check it out, hopefully some of you will dig it. I have just been hired as his tour manager. We just did 2 shows in this are and have one in Delaware on the 20th at an industry music showcase. The first show was at the 9:30 Club's Lyricist Lounge nite and the 2nd was a full show in Baltimore at Fletchers opening for a wicked New Orleans band called Papa Grows Funk. If you haven't heard them, you guys should check them out as well. The guitar player was amazing and after doing a wicked solo his amp died and we had to loan him our backup amp to finish the set. Papa grows funk is much like The Meters. They are awesome. It was a great show. So it occurs to me that I now work for 3(magically number)amazing guitar players. TR, Chris Whitley, and now Brock. And strangely, they have all been influenced by one another in some way. What are the chances? As I say, SYCHRONICITY!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2003 :  3:21:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
NEXT: Luther Wright and the Wrongs "Rebuilding the Wall"

I think for this one, you need to have 2 things:1)An appreciation of country/bluegrass(or things like Bela Fleck) 2)You need to be quite familiar with Pink Floyd "The Wall"

Basically LWatW do a country interpretation of Pink Floyd "The Wall".
They have it down pat!! The more familiar you are with the original, the more enjoyment you will get out of this interpretation. Their pedal steel player is amazing! They attach all the right hooks and signals from the original to their country version. It isn't just the lyrics that signal you to the cover. They have managed to change all the songs to country songs while keeping the very recognizable elements of the original. They have taken some artistic license by changing a few lyrics to make it more country, but it sounds more like it was done with good humor in mind. For example:

In the Flesh(Pink Floyd)

Are there any queers in the theatre tonight?
Get 'em up against the wall. -- 'Gainst the wall!
And that one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me.
Get him up against the wall. -- 'Gainst the wall!
And that one looks Jewish, and that one's a coon.
Who let all this riffraff into the room?
There's one smoking a joint, and another with spots!
If I had my way I'd have all of ya shot.

In the Flesh(Luther Wright and the Wrongs)

Are there any deer in the theater tonight?
There's one in my headlights, he don't look right to me
And that one looks squeamish, and there's a racoon
Who let all this wildlife into the room?
There's one smoking a joint, and another with spots
If I had my way round here I'd have all of yous shot!!

So it is quite amazing how well it is all done and how seriously the artist seems to take the project. It is done with the utmost respect for the original with a great attention to detail. The amazing thing to me is that all the songs don't sound the same. It's not like they just put a country beat to all the songs. They have truly rearranged the arrangements staying true to the sound of the original. It really is an amazing piece of art and creativity. I am sure it couldn't be EZ. Keep in mind that these guys make country/bluegrass music as their living, this is not a "joke" band. They have other albums(all of which I have) that are just their original country/bluegrass songs and they are also quite amazing. They even have an album of kids songs under the band name Butterfingers. At the show I saw they did one of the kids songs introduced as "Dave the muthafucking Frog". He were quick to point out that it is only called that after midnite when the kiddies are in bed. HEHE Otherwise it is know as "Dave the Frog". Check them out, if you are a fan of any country/bluegrass or especially a someone who likes country/bluegrass and also loves The Wall then you will really dig this.

http://www.lutherwrightandthewrongs.com/main.php

"On the cover, bales of hay – layered like bricks act as “the wall” for this charming, relatively brilliant roots-country tribute…the hayseed-sucking covers of Mother, Young Lust, Another Brick in the Wall are a real hoot, with fiddle, mandolin and banjo masking the full-on, drugged-out paranoia of the original. This Wall’s only 30 minutes and 13 songs thick, but plenty of fun."
-Tom Zillich Westender/Vancouver
-2001-03-22

So you know, the CD I have has 26 tracks and is easily twice as long as the one described above. Make sure you get the one with 26 tracks.

Something else I just remembered and wanted to mention is, something else I find quite amusing is how well some of Pink Floyd's original lyrics lend themself to country interpretation. You know who everyone always makes fun of country lyrics, well when you hear The Wall's lyrics done to a country riff, they immediately sound like they are country lyrics. I guess it's because The Wall's lyrics are so depressing, much like your atypical country lyrics(by the way, I mean REAL country lyrics, not that Faith Hill country HEHE).

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2003 :  4:18:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hummm, I listened to all three songs by Brock. Different, not what I usually listen to but I like it. Should be fun for you to be his tour managaer. If you come up to the Philly area let me know.

I can't wait to hear Luther Wright and the Wrongs! I was disappointed to see they aren't touring anywhere in the northeast.

Thanks for the added info on these!

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2003 :  7:08:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erich, If Then Else is becomming my new favorite CD! Can't stop listening to it! Thanks again!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2003 :  05:02:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
SYCHRONISTICALLY speaking, guess who played at 9:30 Club tonite? So I go to work for the Fighting Gravity show and low and behold, Georgia Avenue is opening. It was quite a treat since the day before I had posted about them. I have never seen them live, discovered them by accident and was quite excited for an opportunity to check them out. I don't know how to explain this, but, they remind me of the Allman Bros, BUT THEY DON'T sound like them. There are hints of it throughout their CD, Streets Divided, I think it's the beautiful slide guitar work and keyboards. No matter, it is a great CD and I was overjoyed to find out that they are working on a new one due out in Sept. So start saving your pennies, you've got TIMe. Well on with my story. So tonite, I hear a whole nother side of Georgia Avenue. I could never place who else they reminded me of, but tonite, seeing them live, it clicked. They remind me of Brad mixed with the Allman Bros. If you can't imagine this combination, take my word for it, it WORKS. I have enjoyed the hell out of Divided Streets for quite some TIMe. EveryTIMe I play it at work, someone asks about it. It has that familiar ring, yet sounds very fresh. Not contrived. Vocalist is fantastic, drummer is amazing(I actually had a customer buy it based on the drums he heard on 2 songs)and I already mentioned the slide guitar player. And if your a girl, they aren't hard on the eyes either HEHE. Plus they are super nice guys. Just wait till you hear this, I have in my possession, Georgia Avenue CD's for all interested. They are such nice guys and luckily fans of TR. They wanted me to pass them along to anyone on the message board who would like to HAVE one. See, I am always looking out for you guys. I told them the story about how I had just posted to you guys about them and then BOOM, they are playing tonite. We all decided it was meant to be. They would love to make some new fans and can't think of a better place to start than right here. They understand that TR fans appreciate good music and musicianship. So everyone, special thanx to the guys in Georgia Avenue for allowing me to share their music with you. Check out their website for more info about them.

www.georgia-avenue.com

They are from Harrisonburg VA so dirtysloth may already be familiar with them. Oh and also, I got their new EP of 4 songs from the soon to be released follow-up. I haven't heard it yet but the songs they played from it tonite live were also great. Don't think I forgot about you. They gave me some of those as well to send out to all of you with the Divided Streets CD. See, there still are some people out there in the music world more interested in making new fans all over than making an extra buck. Pretty kewl!! Like I said, really nice guys.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2003 :  07:45:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Fluffy, so how does one go about getting one of those cd's eh??? I really wouldn't mind paying for one, sounds really interesting and while I trust you that they sound like a combination of Brad and the Allman Brothers, just can't put them together in my head. Another reason I am really curious about them.

So what else did you expect from a CDaholic?????

Damn, Best Buy keeps sending me discount coupons so last night I went,and bought "Bach" to help fill my "classical moods", "Tommy" because I just love it, Billy Bragg "Talking With The Taxman About Poetry" just because I wanted it, John Lennon's "WonsaponaTIMe" because, damn, it's Lennon for petes sake!, and last "Take Me Home" by Jonn Dever which I know no one here probably likes, but I do and, again, he fulfills one of my many music moods, hehe.....and yes, I felt guilty buying 5 new cds!!! Again, damn that Best Buy!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2003 :  3:41:44 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
more synchronicity... I really like Fighting Gravity! Speaking of Billy Bragg... which is the best cd of his to pick up?

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2003 :  05:22:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I would suggest Billy Bragg "Back to the Basics" which is a great compilation CD or his CD "Talking to the Taxman about Poetry".

You can find more info including track listings at this link:

http://www.billybragg.co.uk/acatalog/Studio_albums.html

Did you know that Fighting Gravity started out as a ska band called Boy Oh Boy? Even their first 2 Fighting Gravity CD's were ska albums, Shishkabob and No Stopping..... Apparently they don't sell to well these days as they are not to representative of what the band sounds like now. Fighting Gravity put on a great show the other nite and at numerous points in their set reminded me of U2. Strange for a band with a black lead singer who isn't Irish, but it was definitely the vocals and even some of the music that lended itself to the U2 sound. They were nice enuf to give me their live double CD "Hello Cleveland", their live acoustic CD "Under the Radar" and a pre-release of their NEW SONGS that will hopefully be released in April. They told me the copy they gave me might be a little different from the final release that comes out as they may change a few songs for newer ones and may remix it or change the order. So that is kewl. I haven't had a moment to listen to them yet as I have been working every minute since I recieved them. Of course you are asking yourself, "but Fluffy, you just drove around all day, why didn't you listen to them then?". Well, I was busy listening to Hot Tuna "Hoppkorv"(my fave Hot Tuna record)all day long. Oh well, I will check them out and see what I think of their CD's.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2003 :  07:53:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hot Tuna....Hot Tuna!!!!! Now theres a blast from the past!hehe

Hey, it makes sense, Santa Claus Retreat and Watch the North Wind Rise, couldn't fit better with the weather we've been having, and Drivin' Around.....need I say more???? hehe

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2003 :  4:02:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever heard of Faraquet? A friend of mine recently recommended them and I think they rawk.

Robots are the enemy? Hmm...
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2003 :  03:06:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HAHA, PJK, that is so funny you mentioned Drivin' Around. Yesterday, as I was the only person who seemed to be able to maneuver in the snow, I was driving all over town, picking up employees, taking them home, taking them to the hospital and taking bus drivers to their hotels. By the end of the day, I had adopted Drivin' Around as my theme song for the day. I was mentioning that to the very last person I shuttled home as it came on the stereo. It had not dawned on me how many of the other songs were also apropos, thanx for pointing it out. Seems it should have been the obvious choice for driving around in the snow, or was it just SYCHRONICITY?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2003 :  07:09:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SYCHRONICITY for sure. I bet from now on every TIMe you hear Drivin Around you will think of snow! I still can't believe we got so much snow!

I hope your boss at the record store got things fixed because this weekend we are supposed to get heavy rains and you know what that means....FLOODING!!!!!! It is going to be a real mess. I don't even see the drains on the roads....they are under the snow somewhere!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2003 :  5:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Strangely, I still find myself listening to alot of the titles above so I wanted to revisit this post and give more info and updates on alot of them. BROCK is a good place to start.

As you should know by now, I am working as TM for BROCK. BROCK just got added to the WilkesBarre TR show as the opening act 2 days before my birthday, that should be alot of fun. BROCK has been doing quite well for himself since I posted this original message. He has kept me quite busy, 3 shows this week alone. So far we have opened for quite and incredible list of artists, which should go along way to showing the diversity in sound that BROCK is capable of. The other part of that is as different as the audiences have been for each of these shows, BROCK has gone over well in front of all of them, which goes along way for showing me the possible commercial success he could be in for. Here is a partial list of opening slots BROCK has had so far:

Dead Prez

Sound Tribe Sector 9

Mike Doughty(of Soul Coughing)

Papa Grows Funk

Ben Lee(of Noise Addict)

Maktub(one of my fave bands at the moment, they are from Seattle and were voted best band in Seattle last year)

Disco Biscuits(who BROCK opened for at 9:30 Club and they liked him so much they invited him to play the big Disco Biscuits festival in PA with of course Disco Biscuits, Ben Kweller, Lotus, etc etc)

Gord Downie(from the Tragically Hip, who apparently was not to happy with his manager for allowing such a talented fellow to open for him hehe)

Citizen Cope(another of my fave acts who I have mentioned elsewhere on the board)

Guster(a sold out show in Baltimore the nite of the BIG BLACKOUT. Everyone in Guster and on their crew were quite impressed and hopefully we will get to work with them again in the future. A really nice bunch of folks.)

We were also considered for the opening slot fot the Ben Harper/Jack Johnson show I worked a few months ago, but it fell thru at the last minute because they didn't think there was enuf TIMe for another act on the bill. Oh well, maybe next TIMe.

Coming up we have gigs scheduled with:

Tim Reynolds(Wilkes Barre PA show on the Sept 20th)

The Itals(Reggae band who are having their record release party here in the DC area)

John Scofield(at the Funk Box in Baltimore MD on the Sept 29th)

The big news is that BROCK has added a band and they are fantastic! The music takes on a whole new sound with the band and the musicians he found are amazing. He discoved them at an open mic here in DC where their project was playing the same nite as BROCK. They started to jam together and things just fell into place. The first TIMe we played with the Disco Biscuits, BROCK was solo and they were impressed enuf to ask us to play the festival. By this TIMe we had the band and we did the festival with the band and the crew from the DB's asked me if the band playing with BROCK were from Karl Dennsons Tiny Universe. This may go along way to describing the level of musicianship exhibited by the band to everyone here. They are truly amazing. Their names are Hamilton Hayes on bass and Jon Lane on drums. As soon as we heard BROCK with the band we decided to get them in the studio as quick as we could so we should have some new stuff with the band very soon. It is coming along great, but we still have some vocals to record and of course mixdown. We are back in the studio on the 18th. Trying to describe the music is a near impossible task as it melds so many different styles and as you can tell by the varied list of opening slots we have had it is quite compatible with alot of styles. I have high hopes for this project and think alot of you here will really dig it. Give it a listen!!

More info about BROCK solo is available in my post above in this thread.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2003 :  7:19:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
great to hear about new music. it's hard to find good stuff these days.
Fluffy, have you had time to spin my cd yet? I wanna hear what you think.

"Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?"
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2003 :  02:18:25 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to hearing that new studio stuff from BROCK and I also hope to be able to see him live sooner than later.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2003 :  10:00:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just yesterday I added to 3 shows for BROCK on Friday and Saturday. Luckily, 1 fell thru and now we only have 2 in 2 days instead of 3 in 2 daze. Tonite is BROCK's first headlining slot, and thats in Baltimore. Very last minute, we are really hoping the word gets out and people show up. Tomorrow we make our 2nd appearance opening again for Mike Doughty of Soul Coughing, who was quite excited to find out that BROCK would be opeing for him again. It just never seems to stop.(Thank God!)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2003 :  04:59:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK folks, here is your last chance to get in on the ground floor before they are HUGE. If you remember, I mentioned Marcus Eaton and the Lobby quite a while ago. He has opened for TR a number of TIMes and I have become a huge fan. His latest effort has been out for a while but is about to get wider distribution. For some reason, they are changing the cover and removing 1 track. If you can still get this thru their website, I highly advise doing so before the new version hits the streets sans bonus track. It is a great CD and I am sure ANYONE here will like it. I guarantee that. In fact, anyone who buys the disc will get a special little package from me with music I think you guys will like. Check this out before you hear it on the radio and start kicking yourself for not buying it when Fluffy mentioned it when it still had the extra track. Who knows, you may end up having to buy it as the RARE version off ebay later if you don't get it now. I hope to right a lengthy review of this title when I have some extra TIMe. I guarantee everyone here will love Marcus Eaton and the Lobbys brand of music. I recommended it to a friend in Seattle and she even checked out a couple of shows and just loved them. Subsequently, they are regularly selling out in the Portland and Seattle area. Get on board early before they are selling out in your area. Someday you will be able to say you were one of the "old school fans". "I knew about them before anyone!" ENJOY

Here is MEL latest email about the impending release and upcoming shows.

contained in this issue:

Uninhibited and Koch to release "The Day the World Awoke" Sept 30th
New Marcus Eaton and the Lobby website launched
MEL catching the Train...tomorrow!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uninhibited and Koch to release "The Day the World Awoke" Sept 30th
     We are pleased to announce that Uninhibited Records will be releasing Marcus Eaton and the Lobby's 2003 effort, "The Day the World Awoke" nationwide on Tuesday, September 30th.  The album, which will be distributed throughout the US and Canada by Koch Entertainment, has been available at MEL performances and on the web at www.marcuseatonandthelobby.com since late January of this year.
     The distributed version of "The Day the World Awoke" will sport a new cover design, but the contents of the album will remain basically the same (the "on-air" mix of Top of the World has been removed).  More information about this album, including news and streaming audio, can be found at our official website listed above.  You can also learn more about Koch Entertainment at www.kochent.com.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Marcus Eaton and the Lobby website launched
     In preparation for the the US (and worldwide) release of "The Day the World Awoke," MEL relaunched their official website (www.marcuseatonandthelobby.com) late last week.  Although websites are a continual "work in process" and we will continue to add the finishing touches throughout the coming months, Marcus Eaton and designer Ryan Urcia have worked hard on the new graphic scheme for the page and we're all excited to start building on this solid community framework.
     Don't take our word for it, though.  Click here to drop by our home on the world wide web and see for yourselves!

MEL catching the Train...tomorrow!
     In true last-minute form, Marcus Eaton and the Lobby is pleased to announce two shows this weekend opening for Train in the Pacific Northwest.  These shows were added today and (as of 10:30pm) have yet to be posted on the website.  Here's the scoop:

Friday, Sept 12th--@ the Moore Theatre (Seattle, WA).--sold out
Saturday, Sept 13th--@ the Roseland Theater (Portland, OR)--100 tickets still available

If you live in one of these areas, please contact the venue for specific information regarding show times, ticket prices, and taping regulations (the Moore does NOT allow tapers or cameras, although the Roseland might for this particular show).  We appoligize for the fashionably late notice, but you know how these things work ;-)  We are definately excited to be returning to Seattle for our first show there since December 2002, and many of you know that Roseland holds a special place in our hearts thanks to our show earlier this year w/ Jason Mraz and the phenominal support of our new Portland fans.  Get your tickets A.S.A.P.-- we hope to see you all there!!!

Thank you for supporting Marcus Eaton and the Lobby! For questions, comments, or to unsubscribe from this list, reply to lobbyist@marcuseaton.com and it will be so.  Peace.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

twistedintheNW
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2003 :  2:07:29 PM  Show Profile  Send twistedintheNW an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just recently got into MEL. Fantastic music and a great bunch of guys. If anyone wants a BnP of their show in Portland and their opener for Mraz in Portland I can do BnP's in SHN only. Both shows fit onto 2 discs....

Josh
twistedintheNW@yahoo.com

Marcus Eaton and The Lobby
Dante's
Portland, OR
2003-07-10

Taper: Kevin Davis (blu666z@hotmail.com)
Source: Audio Technica 943s(DIN) -> SP-SPSB-7(w/ Bass Rolloff @ 69Hz) -> UA-5(Oade wmod) -> Sony D7

Conversion: DAT Masters -> D7 -> m-audio DiO 2496 -> Soundforge 6.0 -> shntool 1.2.2 -> shortn32 3.1 -> .shn
Editing: Soundforge 6.0
Tracking: CD Wave v1.73
Seek Tables Appended

==========================================
| PLEASE DO NOT CONVERT THIS SHOW TO MP3 |

-Disc 1-

Set 1

01: Disposable 11:39.61
02: Where Is She? 07:51.69
03: Back From the Beginning 08:15.23
04: Figure Her Out 09:50.02
05: Africa 09:31.13
06: Drum Solo -> 02:03.35
07: Problems 07:23.44
08: The Day the World Awoke 07:15.60
09: Blue and Grey 06:48.52

Total: 70:39.59

-Disc 2-

Set 2

01: Fiona 07:53.46
02: Drug -> 04:44.56
03: Drug Outro 04:55.41
04: Gravity 11:58.69
05: Top of the World -> 04:41.37
06: The Message ~ 05:25.10
07: Left Unsaid 10:50.20
08: God's Favor 11:58.32

Total: 62:28.11

-Notes-

~ Flecktones Cover

Compiled by blu666z@hotmail.com (July 13, 2003)

And....

Marcus Eaton and The Lobby
Roseland Theater
Portland, OR
May 25, 2003

Taper: Kevin Davis (blu666z@hotmail.com)
Source: Audio Technica 943s(DIN) -> SP-SPSB-7(w/ Bass Rolloff @ 69Hz) -> UA-5(Oade wmod) -> Sony D7
Location: Front row balcony, Mics on rail(approx. 12' off floor)

Conversion: DAT Masters -> Sony D7 -> m-audio DiO 2496 -> CD Wave v1.73 -> shntool 1.2.2 -> shortn32 3.1 -> .shn
Editing: Soundforge 6.0
Tracking: CD Wave v1.73
Seek Tables Appended

| PLEASE DO NOT CONVERT THIS SHOW TO MP3 |

01: ??? 08:53.16
02: Blue and Grey 05:10.20
03: Gravity 09:54.37
04: God's Favor 09:25.52

Total: 33:23.50

-Notes-

Opened for Jason Mraz

Compiled by blu666z@hotmail.com (July 8th, 2003)

twistedintheNW@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2006 :  5:06:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fun to look back and see what you were listening to 3 years ago and find out that I am still listening to alot of the same things. Pretty kewl!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000