Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  8:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Rew and I made it safely to Soldo's house after a long, pain in the ass trip up 95 on a holiday weekend in the rain. The trip sucked. But I am now on Soldo's computer posting and working on tour photos from the ChaosView Tour from the spring. Hopefully, they should be up soon. As we speak, Rew and Soldo and Jon's friend Sam are in the kitchen preparing JS's special Mac and Cheese dinner for me. We will hopefully be posting pictures soon. Remember the pic of me "controlling cheese"? YUM YUM YUM YUM I think Jon has agreed to post the recipe as well. Lucky you guys!!! But I am even luckier cause I get to eat it in a few minutes. Jon got me Fresca to go with it and everyone else will be imbibing BEER. I will be working on photos while everyone get shitfaced. WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!! PARTY PARTY PARTY Anyone wanna come over?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  8:22:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here is a repost of a picture of me preparing the cheese for the magnificent dish the last TIMe I was at Jon's house. I am sure they are downstairs stirring away right now. YUM YUM YUM More pics to come.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  9:19:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jon Soldo's SECRET Recipe:

First you need your ingredients and Lots of BEER!!

1 two pound box of Velveeta
2 sticks of butter
2 boxes of noodles(your choice)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
1 can of furniture polish(for huffing, not encouraged for the kiddies)
Lots of BEER(not encouraged or endorsed for those under the age of 21 by law, not by choice. Choice, HA, I thought we lived in a FREE country)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  9:21:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Boil water in BIG POT, and when boiling add both boxes of noodles of your choice.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  9:22:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Step 3: Let noodles boil until desired tenderness. Mixing with WOODEN SPOON is pivotal. Spanking with wooden spoon is optional butt encouraged.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  9:23:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Step 4: Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  9:24:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Step 5: DRINK BEER

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  9:25:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Step 6: Place boiled noodles in baking dish.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  9:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Step 7: DRINK MORE BEER

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  9:28:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Step 8: Melt butter and add flour to melted butter and mix till thick and gooey.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  9:29:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Step 9: Add Velveeta in small chunks to butter and flour mixture. Constantly stir as seen in my picture above and the picture below.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  9:30:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Step 10: DRINK MORE BEER

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  9:31:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Step 11: Add pasta to cheese mixture and stir in well.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  9:33:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Step 12: Place completed mixture back into baking dish using Wooden Spoon of course.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  9:34:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Step 13: Place baking dish in preheated oven(minus wooden spoon for safety sake).

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  9:35:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Step 14: DRINK LOTS MORE BEER while waiting 10 minutes for it to bake.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  9:37:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Step 15: If you are not too drunk by now, enjoy your pasta!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  9:40:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Step 16: Make sure to enjoy your pasta with a cold, refreshing FRESCA!! YUM YUM YUM

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  9:54:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Rew says, "NOW THATS CHEESY!!!!"

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  12:13:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That sounds orgasmic.

Funny that this post is in the picture of you eating the cheesy goodness.

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  12:46:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That was great. It would have been freaky if in the pic w/ the post in it, you would have posted that pic, and then taken a pic w/ that pic on the screen with the same pose and everything, and post that pic. Yeah...that makes sense..right?

"Get up an move... or I'll put a curse on you... that all your children will be born naked." – Hendrix
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  04:49:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here's your sign........

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  07:15:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HEY!! Thats my line I stole from enthuTIMsiast!! MOM!!!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  01:29:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mmmmmmm, Mac and Cheese.

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2002 :  3:30:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i bet EVERYONE on the TR crew would pick controlling cheese...

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  04:36:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
When we have our annual gathering of The TR Task Force I will make sure to have Jon Soldo cater the affair. YUM YUM YUM

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  05:15:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn! I wish I could try that recipe!.......maybe I'll run it past my mom (minus the beer part, of course). However, she does make a very good Mac & Cheese with bread crumbs on top.........mmmmmmmmm......crumbled-up bread things.....

"Always follow your heart, but use your brain." - My dad
Go to Top of Page

usefulidiot76
Chatterbox

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  5:05:48 PM  Show Profile  Send usefulidiot76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
mac & cheese does sound good right about now

-brandy-
usefulidiot76@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  5:15:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dammit! Why'd you have to say that? I'm hungry and I don't have TIMe to eat before class......d'oh well......it'll taste even better later.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  5:37:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you were a Cheese, what kind of cheese would you be?

That should be an internet quiz! I think I'd like to some Monterey Jack, cause I'm so spicy....

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  8:00:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'd be cheddar because everyone likes me!.......nah......I'd probably be Parmesane (sp?) because 1) It's my favorite, and 2) It's a cheese that people don't like at first, but starts to grow on you.

How about that?! I'm an acquired taste!

Go to Top of Page

usefulidiot76
Chatterbox

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  8:00:58 PM  Show Profile  Send usefulidiot76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
american...

-brandy-
usefulidiot76@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  11:32:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think I would be Blue Cheese(or for our canadian members, Bleu Cheese)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2002 :  09:03:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Where's Jon been? Where are our photos, setlists, etc etc etc!!! I WANT CHEESE & MACARONI!!!

That is all!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  06:30:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote

FOR ALL, AND TOO ALL A GOOD NITE!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  11:09:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluff(zz)y,
I am sure that this has already been mentioned, but I didn't read all of the forum. It concerns me that you say that you can't eat mac and cheese on the road.... But I am sure that between hotels and gas stations you run into microwaves. Now, i am not implying that frozen dinner shit (god, i had a bad run in once and didn't eat mac cheese for months )... but Kraft EASY mac and cheese...add H2O, nook it up... and there you have it. Maybe not AS good... but pretty damn close.... Add that on to your homework

Peace, Sorrel (a girl with talents)
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  10:50:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You are correct! It has been mentioned before, maybe not in this thread, but somewhere in one of our many Cheese & Mac conversations. I always forget about EasyMac. You are right, it isn't as good as the real thing, but it would certainly do in a pinch. HEHE I should keep that in mind. By the way, I think you meant nuke it up, as I don't think sticking it in the corner will get the pasta soft enuf. I like my pasta al dente, but raw is just a little to al dente. HEHE

Main Entry: nook
Pronunciation: 'nuk
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English noke, nok
Date: 14th century
1 : chiefly Scottish : a right-angled corner
2 a : an interior angle formed by two meeting walls : RECESS b : a secluded or sheltered place or part <searched every nook and cranny>

Just funnin' ya!!! I knew what you meant. HEHE Thanx for the tip, or should I say reminder. I get so busy on the road.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  11:16:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well don't that beat all. I woulda thought she spelled cook wrong, not nuke. Thanks for keeping me sorted out, big brother.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2003 :  02:55:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe it is just my past experience with EZMac, I know you COOK it in a microwave, so I just figured that was what the word was supposed to be. Cooking connotates the stove, nuking is more for the microwave.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2003 :  3:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
For the sake of all things, I will never spell NUKE wrong again... from now on before going to bed, instead counting sheep I will say "n-u-k-e-n-u-k-e-n-u-k-e-n-u-k-e-n-u-k-e-n-u-k-e......"

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2003 :  3:39:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Miss Oral, I mean Miss Sorrell, grammer, spelling, and pronunciation are taken very seriously around here! You will stand corrected! You don't need spell check on your pc, the board has its own.LOL!
Rew looks like he's wasting away to nothing. Better tell that boy to eat more and drink more beer! Those spiked arm bands won't have the same effect if he's all thin like Mr. Burns heehee! You can tell him that but just don't tell him WHO said it. HAHA!!!!
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2003 :  9:32:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These are the greatest pictures! You guys are funny! Gotta love men who spend time in the kitchen! Ummmm mac and cheese, the best thing on a cold night!

I make mine with sharp cheddar and swiss cheese, and I put the bread crumbs on top.....only thing is it sets in your stomach like a lead brick, hehehe!

(the only thing I didn't like about this post was the picture of the funiture polish for huffing....I assume a joke, but working in a school district where we have one or two kids die every year from huffing I just don't see any humor in it)

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  4:46:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
INDEED it was.

Quoted from the first post of the series:
quote:
1 can of furniture polish(for huffing, not encouraged for the kiddies)
Lots of BEER(not encouraged or endorsed for those under the age of 21 by law, not by choice. Choice, HA, I thought we lived in a FREE country)

Sorry if you didn't see the humor in it. I think the beer may have been to blame for that joke. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  06:39:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got an email from another board member the other day who made your mac and cheese. Apparently it makes A LOT and was very good!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  06:48:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's not actually my recipe, it is Jon Soldo's recipe. And it is REALLY GOOD!!! I suggest everyone try it. That is why we posted the recipe. HEHE Who already tried it?

PS: You can 1/2 the recipe if you think it will be to much. ENJOY!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  11:24:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That recipe is definitely on my to-do list...but I can never find the TIMe or the money to make it. Maybe Fluffy can fly over here and make it for me. Hehe.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

jsoldo
Administrator

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2003 :  02:20:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit jsoldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
did anyone ever actually make this shit?

if so... did you enjoy it?
if no... GO MAKE IT!

Peace On Earth
Jon
"Behold, the power of cheese"
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2003 :  02:50:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, someone on the board did make it and said it was really good. It wasn't me and I can't say who, because I am sworn to secrecy!hehe

Seriously, this is true! Hey Jon did you see the post on the other side "ouch"?????? Do you know what song that is????? It is driving me nuts!!! If you know the name of the song I may just email you the name of the person who tried your Mac and cheese.....or not, hehe

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2003 :  03:00:17 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Man, I've been meaning to try that recipee ever since it was posted... its on my list of "shit to do"

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2003 :  03:01:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAHAHA Hey Kevin, I was going to ask what you are doing up soo late and then I realized it isn't as late where you are, damn I am the one up late, hehehehe!

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  12:26:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bringing some of the oldie but goodie topics back TTT for the newbies.

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  1:00:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Leave mine alone...I mean the Cheese and Plumbing equipment one...unless of course you are willing to take the...um...conseequeences...hehehehehe I love this one...the recipe thing is hysterical...did I spell recipe right? Oh well...

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  1:31:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah man don't tempt me Jay! hehehehe! Mental note: Words not to say to Pam: Don't, Can't, NO, Shouldn't, Wouldn't, leave mine alone, hummmm I know there are more! hehehehe

yeah you spelled recipe right....I think, hehe now I have to go and look for the thread that starts out Cheese and.......ooops, hehe

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  2:50:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hehehehe...Hmm...I haven't posted one of my questions in a LONG time.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  8:52:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh man.....I sure could go for some Kraft Macaroni & Cheese right about now.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

monkeyman41
Try A Little Harder

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  10:50:56 PM  Show Profile  Send monkeyman41 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thanks to this topic i just made 1/2 the amount fluffy made and devoured it
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  11:35:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aw see, I knew I brought this back to the top for a reason!

Go to Top of Page

Bill Palmer
Is Anybody Here?

33 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2003 :  02:47:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did someone say Mac?

(looks up, looks all around, wonders what he's missing)

www.billpalmer.net Macintosh users, you've never had it so good.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2003 :  03:30:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll second that proprietary motion!!
Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2004 :  9:33:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i still use this recipe

used it tonight

good stuff
Go to Top of Page

jsoldo
Administrator

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2004 :  2:34:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsoldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bored at work and must say, goddam I could use a tray of that stuff right now

Peace On Earth
Jon
"Behold, the power of cheese"
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2004 :  3:31:41 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Freakin-A, Can you believe I still haven't tried this recipe?? I seriously need to get my ass into shape and make that thing this week.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  1:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think I know what I'M having for dinner... and for dessert, microwave kettle corn! (Don't know why, but I LOVE that stuff.)
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  8:16:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK I will ask, what is microwave kettle corn?

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  02:33:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's popcorn that's sorta sweet, sorta salty. They usually sell it at State Fairs and stuff. It recently became available in the microwave variety. Healthy Pop even makes one with Splenda, so that it's sweet, but low fat. Yummmy!
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2004 :  10:30:05 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll have you know that I am making the recipee right now! and I'm documenting it with photography similar to Fluffy above. Results later!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2004 :  6:26:38 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
mmmmmm, it sure was cheesy! very good, but soo damn cheesy that I only was able to eat like 1/2 of it at a time. I'd post the pics if I had anyplace to host them, unfortunately I don't

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2004 :  02:57:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Kevin said:
quote:
mmmmmm, it sure was cheesy! very good, but soo damn cheesy
NEVER TOO CHEESY!! Soo Cheesy is what makes it great! Guess what they first thing I had once I got back from this CW tour. THATS RIGHT!!! On the CW tour we had the greatest travel agent, Julie. Julie arranged that when I check into my hotel in LA, The LeMontrose, that there was Kraft Cheese & Mac waiting for me. Luckily the hotel rooms had kitchens and I cooked some up moments after I arrived. It's what I miss most when I am out on tour. Sometimes I have to settle for that Boston Market Mac and Cheese. Its not so bad but it's better than nothing.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  09:10:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy said:
quote:
On the CW tour we had the greatest travel agent, Julie. Julie arranged that when I check into my hotel in LA, The LeMontrose, that there was Kraft Cheese & Mac waiting for me.

That just sounds so sweet. It's those "little things" that make the difference. Only thing better would have been being fed your KM&C while sitting in THE pool.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  09:01:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

Kevin said:
quote:
mmmmmm, it sure was cheesy! very good, but soo damn cheesy
Kraft Cheese & Mac...It's what I miss most when I am out on tour. Sometimes I have to settle for that Boston Market Mac and Cheese. Its not so bad but it's better than nothing.

If you ever move to Germany then, we'll have to make sure to send care packages; they don't sell Mac & Cheese on the German economy (although I can get it on base).

teri :(
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  11:13:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Funny you would mention that Teri, as I am sure you could imagine within the first few days of being in Germany I looked for Kraft Mac & Cheese. NO LUCK! But as it turns out, there are were so many new and interesting things to eat in Germany I never actually missed my beloved Mac & Cheese while there. I think I could survive there without it for much longer than I can here in the states. I must admit, after the first couple of days there I never even gave Mac & Cheese another thought.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

filmdude100cms
Is Anybody Here?

40 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2005 :  01:37:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is just such an amazing thread...
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2005 :  1:04:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a great thread, all of us linked by the love of mac and cheese.Or should I say cheese and mac. I was a vegatarian for ten years, and during that TIMe I was traveling and camping a great deal. Once on my way to Yosemite over Christmas I had to stop for the night in the little town of Mariposa. There is absolutly NOTHING to eat other than salad on Christamas Eve if your'e vegatarian. Not exactly what you want in freezing temps and snow. So back at the motel I pulled out my backpacker stove and went behind the motel(which was suspect to the desk clerk to say the least) and cooked up a box of Cheese and Mac. It was so good!! It tastes even better at Glacier point! Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  12:26:57 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I made this mac and cheese tonight. Great recipe. :)

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  01:58:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Drew's mom: I'm making macaronni and cheese

Drew Carey: Oh, are you making it with real cheese?

Drew's mom: No.

Drew Carey: My Favorite!

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  11:03:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hope nobody starts a thread on what happens to your body when you eat a box of Kraft Dinner...

teri
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  1:30:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You do realize, you have just tempted those who will. Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  1:37:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HILARIOUS.
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  4:50:24 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you're going to do something, you may as well do it right...

Stove Top Mac-n-Cheese
Baked Macaroni and Cheese

Courtesy of

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  5:33:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great signature!!
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  02:23:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

I hope nobody starts a thread on what happens to your body when you eat a box of Kraft Dinner...

Well, this isn't KD. Look at that, it's not some little crappy box of Kraft Easy Mac, it's a meal fit for a king . . . and if substatue the velveta for real WISCONSIN mild cheddar, then you got the gold!

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2007 :  07:11:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Macaroni and Cheese is whatever you use for your own recipe.

However, Cheese and Macaroni (or just Cheese and Mac, if you prefer) IS Kraft Dinner. Period.

teri
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2007 :  12:01:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I had a million dollars, we wouldn't have to eat Kraft Dinner....but we would.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  12:45:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know, we'd just eat more. And buy really expensive ketchups with it. Like fancy dijon ketchup, mmm hmmmm.

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  1:06:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for playing!! Well done!

teri
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2007 :  7:48:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
so who likes white chedder mac and cheese

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2007 :  7:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
792 boxes.... i believe. i have had the pleasure to eat with fluffy and that boy can put DOWN.

think of all the tv shows/movies where a steak house has a contest if you eat x amount you get it for free, well fluffy could do it and have a salad.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  09:25:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LOL.

Not quite LMAO, but definitely LOL. (at work even)

teri
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  12:16:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Has anybody else tried the Organic Mac & Cheese from Kraft? I haven't tasted it just yet, but it is boiling away on my stove and should be ready soon...

teri
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  2:19:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nope, only tried the Annie's organic and found it wasn't as cheezy tasting as the regular. Although when it comes to Annie's I definitely prefer the white cheddar to the normal orange. Plus, the white cheddar comes in a purple box. Good marketing!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  5:14:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, what exactly is Organic Mac and Cheese? I get that the mac would be made out of organic wheat, but is the cheese "fake cheese" from organic soy or from milk from "organic" (range fed dairy cows)cows?

I wouldn't think it should taste different if the cheese is real cheese, but if its soy, well, that is another story.

I usually buy organic if I can, but I don't even recall seeing organic mac and cheese. Never heard of Annie's either. Is that a National Brand Fluffy?

So, how was it Teri?

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  5:52:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Annie's is definitely national. It started as a healthy alternative to Kraft that you could only find in stores like Whole Foods but now it's in almost every grocery store. They have alot of different varieties and as it has gotten more common they even have a family size and one with the creamy cheese sauce like the Kraft Deluxe. There are actually quite a few varieties. Here is a link to their website:

http://www.annies.com/

I think you will like their philosophy. Check them out. GOOOOOD stuff!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  7:34:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah thanks Fluffy. I put my zipcode in and there is a store near my house that carries it. Hey, did you see you can get a free "purple box" magnet from them?

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  02:27:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It was pretty tasty!

teri
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000