Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Kundalini Bonfire nominated for a Grammy!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  06:36:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
19. Best Rock Instrumental Performance
For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, without vocals. Includes Rock, Hard Rock and Metal. Singles or Tracks only.

Hammerhead
Jeff Beck
Track from: Emotion & Commotion
[Rhino]

Black Mud
The Black Keys
Track from: Brothers
[Nonesuch]

Do The Murray
Los Lobos
Track from: Tin Can Trust
[Shout! Factory]

Kundalini Bonfire
Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds
Track from: Live In Las Vegas
[RCA Records/Bama Rags Recordings LLC]

The Deathless Horsie
Dweezil Zappa
Track from: Return Of The Son Of...
[Z Tornado/Razor & Tie Entertainment]

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  08:47:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa! Sweet!

What are the chances of him winning? Based on the category...I bet that people will just randomly vote for someone. Although "Dave Matthews" might help sway that slightly. I'd put it around 25%. That would be pretty cool...
Go to Top of Page

2muchfun
Is Anybody Here?

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  11:16:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats on the grammy nomination. I love your style. And always look forward to seeing you.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  5:27:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tim finally does something lauded in the mainstream and Dave is attached to it. What a smack in the jacobs.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  5:34:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Should win though, it's effin' LIVE!

Go to Top of Page

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  6:30:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's pretty lame that if this wins, Dave and Tim will share the award for it. I understand why, since the album it comes from is a D&T album, but it's still a shame. Though I'm sure Dave would be gracious and humble enough to point out that he had nothing to do with it.

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  7:24:41 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Another shame is that this award will get announced before the telecast and then scrolled across the bottom of the screen sometime during the show giving Tim no face time if he does win.

But great for Tim though! And even better that it was Kundalini of all things!
Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  7:52:21 PM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think the only challenge will be Jeff Beck. He's amazing, and his song is great. The others just aren't amazing, or aren't melodic enough for my tastes. Here's hoping Tim gets what's his! lol

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  12:45:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jeff Beck can snarf it. I just wanna see TR in a tux!

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  6:02:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Tim finally does something lauded in the mainstream and Dave is attached to it. What a smack in the jacobs.

Exactly my thought when I read this! No offense intended towards Dave, but I was so thrilled when I heard that something done by TR was up for a Grammy and when I saw it was something with Dave a lot of the thrill was gone. Still, I am happy for him, I just wish TR was honored the way he should be.
quote:
Jeff Beck can snarf it. I just wanna see TR in a tux!

Me too!
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  10:30:29 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
too bad we have to wait almost 3 months to find out TR won!

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Zamboni332
Is Anybody Here?

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  11:00:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Zamboni332 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
GOOD LUCK TIMMY!!!

Trevor Dieck
Go to Top of Page

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2011 :  6:53:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And Jeff Beck won after all. Congrats to Tim anyway!

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2011 :  07:06:01 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dancheatham

And Jeff Beck won after all. Congrats to Tim anyway!

Thank you for saving me the trouble of having to look that up.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2011 :  7:53:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, anyone have a picture of TR in his tux?

Sorry TR didn't win, but so cool he was nominated!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000