New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2010 :  3:52:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to think I'd never buy a signature model. And then I bought Leo Kottke's signature 12-string. I don't think I'd be interested in purchasing a thing such as this anytime soon, but I'd be curious to play one.

http://taylorguitars.com/guitars/limiteds/signature/davematthews/

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2010 :  10:07:33 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Have you seen a price on that? That's a very pretty guitar.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2010 :  11:50:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It lists for $3999. That means you could find it for $2399 at a decent dealer (Guitar Rodeo, etc.).
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  09:08:47 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gnome44

It lists for $3999. That means you could find it for $2399 at a decent dealer (Guitar Rodeo, etc.).

Hm, that's not really so bad, is it?

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  10:45:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, not really. You're getting quite a bit of guitar for a relatively reasonable price. I paid $2050 for my Leo Kottke 12-string and $1800 for my D-28. So, $2400's not too shabby.

Personally, I'd probably prefer just buying a standard 914-CE...I'm not crazy about the "GRUX" inlay. But it's still a pretty sweet guitar.
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  10:49:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK...I blew this one. Apparently the MSRP is $5428...which would translate to a street price of $3256.

That's a different story.

My bad.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  11:54:09 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nice guitar. I agree about the GRUX inlay, perfect for Dave but I don't see why anyone besides Dave Matthews (or other guitarists close to LeRoi) would want GRUX inlay on their guitar.

I've never made the leap to Taylors...but my next guitar may very well be one.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  06:46:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Grux makes it undesirable. Highly.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  08:22:55 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

The Grux makes it undesirable. Highly.

I agree with that, but the rest of the inlay, and whole guitar, make it desirable. Highly. (still would not want bc of Grux)

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  09:22:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They should have followed the model of other signatures and just had Dave's fancy signature on the guitar somewhere...

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000