Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 The journeys of our posts.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2001 :  03:59:38 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Don't you just love it how are posts digress so much from the original topics? I haven't posted too much in the past few days so I've been reading through a lot of posts and it's halarious how one word or reference usually sparks a totally new subject. I bet this posts ends up as a discussion on the pro's and cons of pubic hair.

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2001 :  07:07:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That song in the flash intro is called "Big Blast of Hot Air"! I think Roger Waters(of Pink Floyd) had a solo album called "The Pros & Cons of Pubic Hair" The album cover had a bare butt on it. HUH HUH Bare Butt HUH HUH Shut up assmuch Bears Butts aren't funny!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2001 :  8:42:55 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I bet this posts ends up as a discussion on the pro's and cons of pubic hair.

Hee hee, I shall enlighten you on pubic hair!! Have you ever heard of a merkin?
quote:
A merkin is somebody who lives in Merika. (Har!)
They used to shave off all the pubic hair as a cure for syphillis, so the well-to-do used wigs.
Before penicillin was around to ease the lives of the promiscuous, these were used to cover up any sores prostitutes may have obtained in the line of duty.
They used to treat the syphilitic with mercury, which caused baldness.
The merkin is for women with no pubic hair. Some people just don't develop hair down there, and this can be embarrassing.
In days of old a common problem was lice. One of the ways people dealt with this was to shave all the hair off their bodies, including arms, legs, and pubes. Wigs became very popular. Pubic wigs caught on slowly, starting among the kinkier set, but eventually became halfway respectable.
A merkin is a crotch wig for both men and women and is usually worn on the outside. Have you ever seen a Scot in full regalia? That little fur "purse" in front is a merkin.
In a country of mainly dark haired people, a prostitute may wear a blond merkin to be unusual and therefore more desirable. (Got this from a dictionary of sex.)
One of the more recent uses is to allow exotic dancers to comply with local laws prohibiting full nudity. They wear what amounts to a flesh-colored panty with hair on the front, appearing to the patrons of the establishment to disrobe completely without actually doing so.
In a sci fi story by John Varley called something like "The Barbie Murders," a group of women gives up individuality (and sex) and undergoes surgery to become perfect nonsexual beings resembling Barbie dolls. This involves losing genitals, pubic hair, etc. One Barbie goes back to being a woman for a night, painting on nipples and using a merkin.

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2001 :  9:06:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of pubic hair wigs for women, or merkins, Pearl Jams single that contains I Got Shit and The Long Road is jokingly called Merkinball, in contrast to Neil Young's Mirrorball which the band appears on. Interesting little fact I thought I'd bring up(since merkins don't usually come up in conversation very much, at least from my experience).

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2001 :  9:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mr. Bear's butt should be taken very seriously. Although he can take a joke like the rest of us after all he was still smiling when he had that big....what was it now...well I don't know but he had this big thing doinking him in the head and he was still smiling...go figure!

EVERGREEN 143
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2001 :  03:15:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bare Butt not Bears Butt! HEHE silly girl!! But I sure hope the "big thing doinking him in the head" never got anywhere near the BEARS BARE BUTT!! (Who thought this post was gonna end up about pubic hair?)

Pubic Hair?
Pubic Hair?
Hmmmmmmmmmm, let me throw out dingleberries! And I don't mean Capt Crunch with Dingleberries! NO NO!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2001 :  03:21:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever heard of Dr. Gabe MERKIN? I met him once at the 9:30 Club. I was so excited. Almost noone else knew who he was. This tour manager came thru the club once and introduced herself as Julie(I think)Merkin. and I said, Hey there is this guy on the radio Dr. Gabe Merkin, I listen to him all the time. She said, He's my dad and he will be here tonite! I was so excited. Noone else could figure out why. Guess he is not so popular amongst your normal niteclub employee. Well I was excited! Thats my story, and I am sticking to it.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2001 :  4:26:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've heard of him. What a surprise. (Way to change topics Fluffy. Such a smooth segue.)

http://www.honolulumarathon.org (I ran under that sign!)
Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2001 :  4:48:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Speaking of pubic hair wigs for women, or merkins, Pearl Jams single that contains I Got Shit and The Long Road is jokingly called Merkinball, in contrast to Neil Young's Mirrorball which the band appears on. Interesting little fact I thought I'd bring up(since merkins don't usually come up in conversation very much, at least from my experience).

Is it in fact referring to the pubic hair merkin??

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  2:05:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I would bet dollars to doughnuts that this was not named after the merkin wig. I did discover that there is a band called Merkin Wig.
I also discovered that Dr Gabe Merkin is spelled(TERI) Mirkin.
http://www.drmirkin.com/
There is also some kind of fly in fly-fishing called a Merkin
http://cyberangler.com/flyfishing/merkin.html
There is a concert hall in NYC called Merkin Hall
http://webtunes.com/venue/merkin.html
here is a link to site I could not figure out but the title was intriguing http://www.umferd.is/merkin Index of Merkin
and there seem to be about a billion listings that include Merkin in some language I could never hope to read. Looks Scandinavian
http://www.expage.com/surpo
Plus, Merkin appears to be a very common last name in this country as well. http://www.merkinequipment.com/ because I don't think this company is actually selling equipment related to the Merkin mentioned above.
I tried looking up the word in the encyclopedia and there is no listing of MERKIN.
My analysis leads me to believe it is a very common word and most probably could have multiple meanings. Maybe the Merkin wig was named after some guy named Merkin who came up with the idea. I guess I really don't know, but what I do know is I probably should have posted this under the topic heading "Jeez....I got to much time on my hands!"

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  2:13:30 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of me sending Fluffy and Kyle their tapes of 11.10.01 TR at Atlanta...oh wait...that's all. I sent them today.

Hope you like them!

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  2:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanx Jason, look forward to seeing it.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  2:42:38 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wish I could just beam it to you so you could have it now...maybe that's what the USPS needs to work on next.....

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  3:11:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think Evergreen was gonna have Jon Soldo build something like that. I remember seeing it in another post. Maybe they have finished it.

Found it!!
http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=825

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  6:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually Merkinball was indeed named after the wig. That's how I learned what a merkin was - by reading an interview with Pearl Jam right after that single came out. To quote the Rumor Pit, an official source of information on PJ,:

quote:
Q: MTV said that a "Merkin" was a pubic hair wig (like from back in the 17th century during the plague). Is that true? Who thought up that name?
A: Yes, that's true and Eddie came up with the name for the single.

I searched and couldn't actually find an interview on it, but they still don't deny here that that's where the name came from.

Peace,
Patrick

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2002 :  10:58:26 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Gee Fluffy, I think the topic sparked a little interest and I impressed with your research!! I got the info from google.com. My 18 yr old son really takes the credit for broading my knowledge on the subject! Go figure!!!
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  06:19:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I finally found my confirmation! By accident, while I was looking for QUEEF.(another post: http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=921 )
I knew I had heard of another slang usage for MERKIN, and I found it. Here it is:
merkin n 1. a straight man married to or involved with a lesbian. The lesbian may be in the public eye and may have a merkin to hide the fact that she is a lesbian (e.g. Steve Martin and Anne Heche.) ("Steve was Victoria's merk in before being Anne's merkin.") Submitted by Charlene Vickers, Yellowknife, NWT, Canada, 03-01-98.

Language is a MAGICAL thing!!

Fluffy says:
quote:
I would bet dollars to doughnuts that this was not named after the merkin wig.

Good thing noone took me up on this it looks like. DOAH!!
quote:
Actually Merkinball was indeed named after the wig. That's how I learned what a merkin was - by reading an interview with Pearl Jam right after that single came out. To quote the Rumor Pit, an official source of information on PJ,:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: MTV said that a "Merkin" was a pubic hair wig (like from back in the 17th century during the plague). Is that true? Who thought up that name?
A: Yes, that's true and Eddie came up with the name for the single.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am still not convinced, but I am now leaning in that direction! I guess these are the same guys who wrote a song called "Dirty Frank"

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  4:52:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why that dirty Frank was a bad mutha...

I can understand how you're still not convinced. I can't remember it perfectly from six years so maybe it wasn't actually a direct quote, but I have read a few interviews with them about it in the last couple of days and it always comes up and they don't deny it... just seems like the interviewer would have either not pointed out what a merkin was if it wasn't related or he would have pointed it out and given the real inspiration for the name. I'll be sure to post a direct quote if I ever find it. Anyway, what's up with the little sketch between "pearl jam" and "merkinball"... a merkin perhaps?...

I kinda wonder if the wrecking ball has anything to do with the title, but how would "merkin" relate to that?

Peace,
Patrick

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2002 :  5:11:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Looking at the cover I am certainly more inclined to believe you. That definitely looks like a Merkin patch inbetween PJ and Merkinball, but maybe Merkinball is a brand of wrecking ball or some kind of crane or crane apparatus. Could be a double entendre!(definition of double entendre:1 : ambiguity of meaning arising from language that lends itself to more than one interpretation
2 : a word or expression capable of two interpretations with one usually risqué) Pretty funny all the way around.

Fluffy: I want the truth!

Pearl Jam: You can't handle the truth!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2002 :  07:52:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heheheh. How about this...

Little boy: Mr. Owl, how many posts does it take to find out the real reason why Pearl Jam named a single "merkinball"?

Owl: "Let's find out. One, two, three,... "

The world may never know.

Peace,
Patrick

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2002 :  06:44:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Shut yo mouth!

Why? I'm just talkin' about Dirty Frank!

Dirty Frank Dahmer

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2002 :  03:48:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was trying to find the answer to the Pearl Jam CD cover question and ran into this

"Mirrorball" by Neil Young and "Merkinball" by Pearl Jam: Neil Young and Pearl Jam recorded them together. On the "Mirrorball" album, Young sings lead vocals and the members of Pearl Jam serve as his backup band. On "Merkinball," which contains only two songs, Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder sings lead vocals and Young plays guitar and sings backing vocals. Because of legal complications, Pearl Jam did not play as a band on "Mirrorball," but rather the members are listed individually as contributors to the album. "Mirrorball" is one of Young's best albums, despite its lack of a successful radio single. As an album, it is on par with his "Freedom" album, which contained the career-defining single "Rockin' in the Free World." Pearl Jam's "Merkinball" contains two fan favorites, "I Got I.D." and "I Got Shit." These two recordings represent what can take place when a group of musicians as talented as Neil Young and Pearl Jam collaborate. The history between Young and Pearl Jam is one of a long friendship. Pearl Jam has performed at three of Young's Bridge School Benifits and performed "Rockin' in the Free World" with Young at the 1993 MTV Video Music Awards. Shortly after the recording of "Mirrorball," Young filled in for Eddie Vedder when the singer was unable to play a show because of a bad case of food poisoning. But the relationship between Young and Pearl Jam is more than one of friendship or musical collaboration. Neil Young is the grandfather of grunge, the musician without whom there would never have been a "Seattle sound" or an alternative movement. Pearl Jam is the most successful band to come out of Seattle and the bearer of the alternative music torch. There is a musical relationship between these artists that supercedes any personal one. "Mirrorball" and "Merkinball" are the only recorded products of the relationship between Young and Pearl Jam. They are where old and new alternative music meet, shake hands, and produce some of the best music the alternative genre has ever seen.

It doesn't answer the question of where the title came from, but I enjoyed reading it.

Also, turns out there's one movie listed on the IMDB that includes the word merkin: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0064123

And finally, I found a link I thought Fluffy might find interesting:

http://www.orpheusrecords.co.uk

teri

http://www.honolulumarathon.org (I ran under that sign!)
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  12:59:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx for the info Tericee....I want to talk about Pearl Jam some more!

EVERGREEN 143
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  12:48:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"The journeys of our posts" has never seemed more apropos!! To the top, for old times sake!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  02:07:04 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, there is a very powerful sentiment here... in a way all of these old posts "journeyed" back to the top and took us all on a "journey" back to the way we wanted things.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  02:12:33 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You know, I think the first name that appears on the closing credits to The Simpsons is a guy with the last name "Mirkin."

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  04:04:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Kevin Lesko Said:
quote:
Yeah, there is a very powerful sentiment here... in a way all of these old posts "journeyed" back to the top and took us all on a "journey" back to the way we wanted things.

Thanx again, EVERGREEN!!!Thanx for returning our board to its former glory!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  7:18:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You know, I think the first name that appears on the closing credits to The Simpsons is a guy with the last name "Mirkin."

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Where did that come from?! My guess would have to be Groening, since he's the creator.

"War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."
"Why would you even shake a man's hand if you're not going to help him stand."
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  8:31:27 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I dunno. But I saw it on at least one episode. Maybe it was a joke. I'll watch a tape that I can get my grubby little hands on and see if it's there. Then I can tell you what the guy named Mirkin does and why he would be listed there, first, in the credits. I'll do that sometime.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  06:00:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have noticed that as well, but not nearly as much as Liz chimed in with her explanation of a Merkin. Keep in mind it is spelled a little differently. Just a little, a smidge, you might say. Put the "I" in merkin and you got mIrkin. Oh Wait, wrong post. Sorry!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  12:51:19 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, I also believe in the importance of educating people!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  3:36:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I saw his name in the credits, but it wasn't first. It went by too fast, so I don't know what his job is.

"You tried your best and you failed miserably...the lesson is: Never Try."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  12:11:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pcbdmb Said:
quote:
I saw his name in the credits, but it wasn't first. It went by too fast, so I don't know what his job is.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  03:39:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah...see, my problem is that I don't listen to myself or take my own advice (OK technically it's not my own but still).

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  3:31:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh, your problem is obvious..........

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  6:42:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ahhh...see? Since somebody else said it, I find it much easier to listen to it!

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  02:18:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Black Lotus, I am afraid this post has not degenerated to "the topic" yet, so let me take it there.
BALLS

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  11:48:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey... does anyone want 2 cd's?
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  7:56:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
NO THANKS!!!! I've already got plenty!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  04:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Plenty of balls or plenty of CD's?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  04:50:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And don't say, "A little from column A, a little from column B"!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  1:51:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
A little from column A, a little from column B.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2002 :  06:33:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Back to Mirkin! So I say a movie this weekend on DVD and guess who the director was? Thats right! David Mirkin of Simpsons fame. There were many interviews with him in the bonus sections on the DVD. I have seen him and heard him, he does exist, it is definitely not a joke being played on us by those folks over there at The Simpsons. The movie was called Heartbreakers and it was hilarious. It also had Jason Lee in it as Jennifer Love Hewitt's love interest. I think there are some big Jason Lee fans on the board. By the way, JLH and Sigourney Weaver are both unbelieveably HOT in this movie. I would check it out, and get the DVD if you can.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2002 :  8:55:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I didn't really want to see that movie, but maybe I'll watch it now...... on mute.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2002 :  12:34:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ahhhhhh....the video version of stuffing a sock in her mouth.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2002 :  07:27:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Why a sock? I can think of better things to stuff her mouth with!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2002 :  1:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Feed her the ol' tube steak smothered in boxers.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Zoe
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2002 :  1:42:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow for a first timer I have to say the last 2 comments are pretty bad. I'm beginning to understand why there aren't many women participating in this forum. I have to say it was not what I was expecting from a Tim Reynolds message board. From what I've read about him he doesn't strike me as the type of person who would think this kind of banter is OK. Seems to be more of the "evolved consciousness" type. Many of the comments on this board really are insulting to women and maybe even Tim himself. Fluffy does Tim pay you to insult women?

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2002 :  4:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There aren't many women here, but the ones who are kick ass. I think it has much more to do with the music, and the crowd of people that truly appreciate Tim's music and style, than the joking banter of the regulars on the message board. Sorry if you are offended by the things that are said here, but I don't think that singling out and saying nasty things to Fluffy is really necessary. It's just like TV... if you don't like what you see, turn the channel.
-J

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2002 :  4:04:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not to speak for any of the females, but I get the impression that they understand that it's all in good humor, which it absolutely is. Zoe, sometimes it's not safe to make assumptions when you walk into a situation.

Peace,
Patrick

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2002 :  6:55:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think it's the people who get grossed out too easily are what's wrong.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2002 :  9:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm a woman. Yeah, sometimes I'm grossed out by the stuff written on the board. Usually if that happens I just move on to another post.

I'm trying to think what Tim probably thinks of this board... I think he probably supports it, since he's a man who's into freedom of speech. Whether reads it on a regular basis is a whole other question, which I don't know the answer to.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2002 :  09:28:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm takin it a an insult to us girlie types on this board!
Are you my ex-roommate? I know all about your kind. Don't like boy toys in your mouth...you otta try it sometime, might surprise yourself and actually swallow something thats good for you!

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2002 :  10:28:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cum on Liz chime in here! Or else I'm going to give Zoe all the exquisite details of last nights mouthfull! I could post all day about this one, but I gotta go make plans for tonights delights.

Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2002 :  10:46:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woah, Evergreen you sound like a wild girl.

-Xar666

I never really hated a one true god, but the god of the people I hated.
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2002 :  1:14:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sweet and nice until provoked! I guess I'm just tired of people who fly in and treat people like shit with carelessness and then fly out as fast as they arrived!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2002 :  1:30:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well Zoe, sorry if you were offended!! My comment was made in jest. The board is definitely not always suited for public consumption. That is why we created the TRelated side and this side. The TRelated side is for the public who wants to check in on TIM and things TRelated. This side is more for lame conversations about anything that comes to mind(and for razzing each other and trying to make each other laugh, we try to outwit one another). FAtSP is the side where people with a common interest in TR's music have come together to discuss other common interests and share ideas about things other than TR. Believe it or not we are not all masogynistic fucks around here, although we may sound like it from time to time. I hope that the woman on the board will step in and come to our defense. I choose not to get defensive, because that might give the indication that I feel there is something to be defensive about. Heck, sister frequents this board and I am sure she could tell you about me better than I could. My comment was a quick retort to the comment above it. Meant in humor. Sorry if it offended you. For all you know, what I meant was CHOCOLATES. We speak openly and freely here, and always make jokes with double entendres. Unfortunately we sometimes have a sick sense of humor around here. I am sorry if it offends. I hope you will at least come back long enuf to read this and if you are still offended, I hope you will at least check out the TRelated section from time to time. We would love to have you as a member of our dysFUNctional family on this side of the board, but you have to a have a rather thick skin. I am afraid you just popped up at a bad moment or post. If you stop and look around for a while you will see that alot of what you read is all in jest and good humor with no malicious intentions. FUN, that is what we are all here for. To answer your question, NO, TR does not pay me to insult women, and if you told his wife Diane about the comment she would laugh and say that is so unlike Fluffy. That is because it was a quip at the comment above and not directed as an attack on women. Our little board has been a world unto itself for so long we know comments like that will just be laughed at here on the board and not be taken as serious comments. We here on the board sometimes forget that people may stop by from "the outside world" and when you jump right in without really knowing us. We can come across as jack-asses. That is why I suggest that you stick around get to know us and join in the merriment. We have women on the board of impeccable reputation and standing. Evergreeen(NecroGirl), LizK, TeriCee, Krystal, JenJen, SarahQ, just to name a few, and they keep us boys in line when we get out of hand. Sometimes we say things just to get them riled up.(Remember the infamous "Shoe" comment Liz). The reality of the situation is that TR is a guitar player and that attracts mostly guys. So this board is comprised of mostly guys interested in guitar masturbation. There also appears to be a small segment of the female community that share an interest in guitar players for their ability and not just good looks. If you are one of these, I hope you will stick around and join in. We can always use more females on the board. Be warned we are not always the most politically correct bunch but we are all friends here. Imagine yourself sitting around with a bunch of your friends at a party or at dinner, I am sure you have said things in that conversation, that if someone walking by heard just a bit of, might think "Oh, my god, I can't believe she just said that." That is kind of how our little board is. We say things and make off-color jokes because we are amongst friends and we know each other well enuf to know we are joking. Again I am sorry you were offended by my comment. I do apologize to you for any discomfort or pain the comment may have caused you. If it makes you feel any better, I almost didn't post it because I thought it was too harsh or someone might take it wrong and then I decided what the hey, I am amongst friends, they know me better than that. Hope you will stick around and not judge me or the board to harshly. It is a great bunch of people we have here. Peace and Welcome aBOARD!(if you choose to stay)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2002 :  2:13:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote

Well said as always tho F-dizzidy dizzog.
-J

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2002 :  2:35:58 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well I guess it's my turn. I just love this place! I get my daily dose of humor and friendship from the gang. This is a very cool group of people here. I must admit you have to have a little bit of a bizarre/morbid sense of humor here, or you will be offended. These guys are all teddy bears here, especially Mr. Fluffy ! Like Fluffy said, when the testosterone levels get out of hand, the ladies are quite capable of giving the guys a taste of their own medicine.

quote:
There aren't many women here, but the ones who are kick ass.

Silkmeister that was very nice of you to say that! We kick ass with our steel toe black boots too!! LOL!

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2002 :  3:36:10 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
We speak openly and freely here

That's the spirit Fluffy!!!

quote:
the exquisite details of last nights mouthful!

Now some may find that offensive, but I thought it was hilarious. For instance, I went to the dentist this morning. Talk about things in your mouth that are offensive!!! I can think of lots of pleasant things to put in my mouth!! See it's all humor....
And let me tell ya the full vermonty ice cream is absolutely delicious!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2002 :  11:49:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Zoe vanishes without a trace. I hate people who ask a question or make a comment like that, and don't even check back to see the response. Everyone keep in mind, she is better than all of us, and she knows it. Whooo Hoo!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000