03/07/09 Visulite Theatre, Charlotte, NC TR3
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  3:58:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Great show last night to finish off the tour!

Kabbalah
Sweet Spot
Ohio
Indoctrinate
By Your Side
See You in Your Dreams
The Wind Just Blew the Door Wide Open
You Are My Sanity > Breathing Space
Goin' Insane
Trippin' on You
"MOOn mantra" (Dan playing around while he and Mick made mooing noises and said "Why do you guys keep mooing?")
Cave Man
Victory Express
Industrial Complex
How Many More Times
Matte Kudasai
Do You Wanna
Face Off
Sex Machine
Test of Time
Burning Season
Backdoor
Hocus Pocus
---------------
Don't Know What
Whole Lotta Love

NOTES:
There were two changes from the printed setlist: Non-violent Approach was replaced by Ohio, and both encore songs were played instead of one or the other as listed.

As always, the band sounded fantastic, and they looked like they were having a blast up there!

Sex Machine featured Toxic Pooh and the Alien Cow (sadly, James Brown has yet to recover from his "soccer injury").

Tim was sporting shades most of the night, and the antennae were notably missing for Kabbalah!

The crowd was pretty thin... Mick said that was expected, as Billy Joel/Elton John were in town, and Phish was in Hampton. It was a great crowd, though: no hecklers, some people dancing up front, most people seated respectfully at the tables. Nice company to be in.

Unless someone had a soundboard feed, I don't think the show was recorded, unfortunately.

I wanted to take some pictures, but my camera is broken, so I borrowed my mom's. Unfortunately, though, she forgot to put the memory card in it, so it wasn't very useful :( I did take some pictures with my phone, but its camera is pretty awful, so I doubt they'll turn out well. I'll post them on here anyway later on.

Finally, the merch booth had Light Up Ahead for sale, which is out of print. If you don't have it and you're going to a DMB show this spring, maybe they'll have some copies there.

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com

Robbman
Is Anybody Here?

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  4:11:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great friggin' show. I saw what appeared to be 2 cameramen, both with high dollar cameras.. I assume they were professionals.. wasn't sure if they were with the band or the press. It was nice to have Radiance prior to this show and become more familiar with the songs. Last time I saw TR3, I didn't know a lot of these songs.
Go to Top of Page

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  4:55:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Glad you had fun! I was talking to Mick before the show, and he said one of the photographers was a friend of theirs. Not sure about the other one, though, but I bet they were together.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the opener, Shaun Hopper. He was FANTASTIC! He's opening again for the Atlanta show next month, so if any of y'all are going to that, make sure you don't miss him!

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com
Go to Top of Page

Robbman
Is Anybody Here?

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2009 :  6:58:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome.

On other minor note.. loved that they were playing some REM house music before the start of the show. Their latest album Accelerate.
Go to Top of Page

Robbman
Is Anybody Here?

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  5:40:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here you go.... the other photog must have been a staff photographer for the visulite. Cool. There's some really good ones in there.

http://bradkuntzphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/7549189_WxS3X#487749294_t2kSC
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  7:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
amazing pictures, amazing.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

nambi51277
Is Anybody Here?

3 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  5:52:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are the pics from the other camera :) -

Link - http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicmagik/sets/72157614928415273/
I'm not the house photographer - just a fan. Apologies for the delay in posting em here.

Vikas
Go to Top of Page

Robbman
Is Anybody Here?

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  10:58:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful Pictures! Really shows how great of a venue the Visulite is... Thanks for sharing with us.
Go to Top of Page

jennyloves
Is Anybody Here?

4 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2010 :  12:50:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for your posting to share those imformation witu us.

----------------
www.tiffany-mine.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000