New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Robbman
Is Anybody Here?

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  10:18:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hoping for Wild Country, Trippin' on you, the Masterbate to Free Your mind song (sorry don't the name of that one!) and some Jesus is alright, purple rain, Sex Machine and any surprises the guys might want to throw our way! Hopefully no teeth mishaps for Tim this time!

See ya'll there.

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  10:29:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"Indoctrinate" is the one you're thinking of. That seems to be a staple, so I'm sure you'll luck out!

I'll be there... can't wait! Who else is going?

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  4:26:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wish I was, but no such luck.

Enoy the show!
Go to Top of Page

Robbman
Is Anybody Here?

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  5:57:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Indoctrinate. Cool. I was a little dissapointed that one didn't make the album, but no biggie. I'll be happy no matter what he plays..
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  10:40:50 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Robbman

Indoctrinate. Cool. I was a little dissapointed that one didn't make the album, but no biggie. I'll be happy no matter what he plays..

Indoctrinate is on the Astral Projection album. It was recorded before the current TR3 lineup existed, but it's a solid version. Otherwise, check out archive.org for numerous TR3 shows from the last year or so that include many great versions of Indoctrinate and other tunes.
Go to Top of Page

Kevin
Chatterbox

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  11:09:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dancheatham

"Indoctrinate" is the one you're thinking of. That seems to be a staple, so I'm sure you'll luck out!

I'll be there... can't wait! Who else is going?

They swapped Ohio in place of Indoctrinate at a show I went to in CT because the band noticed a few younger kids in the front rows Says a lot about the band, but still sucked to not see Indoctrinate.
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  02:55:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There are 2 different studio versions of Indoctrinate. There is the electric "semi-TR3" one with the "masturbate" lines on Astral Projection, and then there is the acoustic and MORE politically themed one (without the masturbate lyrics) on Parallel Universe.

I thought he's been still singing the lines from the Parallel Universe version.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  08:59:14 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranting Thespian

There are 2 different studio versions of Indoctrinate. There is the electric "semi-TR3" one with the "masturbate" lines on Astral Projection, and then there is the acoustic and MORE politically themed one (without the masturbate lyrics) on Parallel Universe.

I thought he's been still singing the lines from the Parallel Universe version.

Ah yes, thanks Nick. I completely forgot about that version. I guess I was in the "TR3" mindset. I love the version from Parallel Universe though. The breakdown in the middle of it is insane.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  09:51:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
'The media's a weapon of ass destruction.' -TR

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  10:33:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The picture of TR/TR3 on Charlotte's venue is sooo Cool. I want a copy of that picture! PLEASE!

http://www.visulite.com/
Go to Top of Page

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  1:50:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

The picture of TR/TR3 on Charlotte's venue is sooo Cool. I want a copy of that picture! PLEASE!

http://www.visulite.com/

Yeah, I love that picture. It really matches the "Tim Reynolds and TR3" moniker. Neat stuff. :)

About to leave for the show in an hour or two... 5 hour drive ahead of me! (I wish I had known about the OBX show when I bought my ticket for this one hahaha oh well)

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  2:29:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take some pictures tonight, I want to see TR with his new hair cut, hehe.
Go to Top of Page

Robbman
Is Anybody Here?

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  03:34:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Show was GREAT! No covers that I recall, but that's not a complaint despite my expectations. Tim rolled out the 'teeth playing' toward teh end of the show. Fantastic. Lot of Radiance tunes, and they were awesome. Tim was out of his mind and it was awesome. Thanks for a great show TR3!
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  08:06:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really? Teeth but no covers? He used to use his teeth playing Purple Rain. hummmm
Go to Top of Page

Robbman
Is Anybody Here?

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  11:59:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My bad.. just remembered he did play Whole Lotta Love, but I think it was more a segue into another song, or an extended 'tease'... but other than that, I don't recall any recognizable covers, but I could be wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Robbman
Is Anybody Here?

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  3:51:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, and the costumed cow with the Gas mask as well as the alien came out danced, played drums and otherwise just kept the mayhem going.
Go to Top of Page

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  3:59:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

Really? Teeth but no covers? He used to use his teeth playing Purple Rain. hummmm

I believe the teeth playing was during Don't Know What. Full setlist in the reviews forum!

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000