New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  09:55:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am still trying to process everything I took in this weekend. Fluffy, thanks for passing the setlist on to me. Here's TR3's set from Saturday:

Ohio
By Your Side
See You In Your Dreams
Wind Just Blew
Wild Country
Kabbalah
CaveMan
Meaning To Tell You
Industrial Complex
How Many More Times
Ley Lines
Victory Express
Move On Ahead
Burning Season
Whola Lotta Love

That night, Tim played with Colonel Bruce Hampton & The Quark Alliance. This is quite an amazing thing as my uncle has been friends with bruce for about 40 years, and then there he his next to Tim in front of me at this place. I counted 11, maybe 12 musicians on stage at one point. Helluva jam.

More on this later.

Hank Hanks
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  10:43:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Hank Hanks an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy,

Great TR3 set at Loki, but I REALLY NEED A CLIP OF TP ROCKIN' OUT TO WHOLE LOTTA LOVE!

Can you help? Maybe ask Pooh or TR or sumpin'? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2008 :  4:46:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, I'll try to put together a little something here. Loki was an incredibly fun weekend, but my memory of the whole weekend is spotty at best, including that of TR3's set unfortunately. Or fortunately, depending on how you look at it. I just remember having fun. I seem to remember TR went a little extra nuts with the ring modulator on Kabbalah. Ley Lines was soulful as always. The Quark Alliance jam was my personal favorite show of the weekend. TR was one of five guitar players. Here's a video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqzzJEusJDc

Some more pics from the weekend.........

this one isn't the festival, but a shot of I-26, one of my favorite drives, which was part of my 300 mile drive back to work Monday...

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2008 :  02:09:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hope to get reviews and setlists soon. In the meanTIMe........

Dave Vann Photos Loki Festival:

http://www.globalimaging.us/loki_festival/loki/index.htm

TR3 & Tim Reynolds on at least pages 4,5 & 6

Richard F Cox photos Loki Festival

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/6242642_mqoVx#394476746_MFFz3

TR3, Tim Reynolds & Toxic Pooh spread out over the entire album. These don't seem to be in any order that I can see but they are all worth a look. I prolly don't have to mention it but check out all the COLOR! It's like trippy man! There's even a pic of dirtysloth watching TR jam with Peruvian Pedicurists.

ENJOY!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Hank Hanks
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2008 :  4:25:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Hank Hanks an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Cap'n Fluff, you are right on time! Thanks for the picture links.
Go to Top of Page

jjkim1028
Try A Little Harder

52 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2008 :  5:27:45 PM  Show Profile  Send jjkim1028 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
some sick photos, holy cow...
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  10:07:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Great photos and small review of TR3's set with great TR quote. LOL

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/15421/Loki-Festival-10.10.08-%e2%80%93-10.12.08-NC

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  2:40:28 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There is also a great recording of this on the Archive:

http://www.archive.org/details/timreynolds2008-10-11.matrix.flac16

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  3:04:07 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Great picture of the guys:

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  4:25:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which one's Tim?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic