01/31/08 Freebird Cafe LIVE Jacksonville, FL TR3
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  5:01:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LIVE WEBCAST! TUNE IN TONITE @ 10 PM(EST)

http://www.synclive.com?show/16483

OR

http://www.synclive.com?band/15181

ENJOY!!!

An absolutely ROCKIN' show. It sounded GREAT, it looked GREAT! A little unusual as it seemed to favor more originals than normal. Here is what the setlist looked like:

See You In Your Dreams
Ohio
Indoctrinate
Sweet Spot
Jesus Is Just Alright
Uncover The Reason
Kabbalah
Wind Just Blew The Door Open
Move On Ahead
Tribulation
Trippin On You
How Many More Times
Matte Kudasai
CaveMan
Industrial Complex
Donkey Bong
Backdoor OR Sex Machine
Test of Time
Do You Wanna
Hocus Pocus
Don't Know What
-------------------------
Whole Lotta Lover

CHANGES To SETLIST: Skeleton Walls was played after Backdoor, next came Sex Machine. Do You Wanna was skipped. Bang A Gong was played after Hocus Pocus. Then came Don't Know What which went into Robin Trower "Bridge of Sighs" & then back to Don't Know What, OFF STAGE, ENCORE: Whole Lotta Lover and thats the way it was. Good Nite America and be safe!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  07:35:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AMAZING show! The sound quality was again great...and this webcast had better video than the earlier show.

Either way, I've very thankful for these since I'm not able to catch any of the shows during the tour (at least not without flying somewhere...).

I hope this gets archived...or that it was at least recorded.

And why does Prince have to screw everything up? I loved TR3's version of Purple Rain...and now they won't play it anymore (I don't blame them either).

Prince's is a lameass...
Go to Top of Page

yeedog
Is Anybody Here?

13 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  10:03:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was a great show. I missed the first webcast but made sure to not miss this one and it didn't dissapoint. I'm not too familar with TR3 material but what I heard was just fantastic. Great covers that were mixed into the set as well.

A couple questions tho.

What as the name of the song that sounded similar to Money by Pink Floyd? I thought it was TR3's rendidtion of Money but looking at the setlist I guess it wasn't.

Also was that list of names message board people the band was acknowledging? I went to the next room for a min and want I got back the names were already being said, thus I missed the intro to it.

I can't wait until 3/21 for The Stone Church show in NH. I'll be there with some friends and video camera in hand :)
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  10:33:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know which song you're referring to. Nothing jumped out at me as sounding like Money. Maybe somebody could help out if audio shows up for the show.

And I didn't catch what the list was...but I don't think it was Message Board people. I caught Fluffy and Hunter S. Thompson... I wasn't listening very closely to get any others. Actually, who knows, maybe it was board members (but I doubt it).
Go to Top of Page

yeedog
Is Anybody Here?

13 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  11:00:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well the whole song didn't sound like Money, but tim was playing a riff very close to the baseline of money. It may have been in a differnt key, definitly on a differnt spot on the guitar then where it's really played.

Either way. It was a great show watch.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  1:17:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'd guess Indoctrinate.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  1:34:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm so thrilled they've been doing "Tripping On You"! Can't wait to see 'em live.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  5:04:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I only got home towards the end, but it was still great! And hopefully I'll have a ripped version of the web-cast up on the net by monday.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  5:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I tuned in about halfway through and I was having firewall issues that were keeping me from logging into the chat. Great show though! This new lineup is tight and Mick is a badass on the bass! Trippin' On You sounded awesome with him slapping away.

I hope they webcast more shows. This is a great opportunity for those that can't physically make it out to see TR3.
Go to Top of Page

viking611
Is Anybody Here?

8 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  6:35:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all...been a long TIMe since I've posted or followed the boards. Was lucky enough to be working here in Jacksonville and catch the show last night.
My first live performance from Tim was a TR3 gig with Houston and Johnny back in 98 or 99...small hotel bar outside of St Louis. I think Tim scared away half the crowd back then when he actually "put his gasmask on" and wailed out that tune. Was hoping to see the gasmask break out again but only got a scarf and some pink head piece! Nice to see a new TR3 going at it!
Thoroughly enjoyed the show last night. Totally forgot my video camera but atleast y'all can get an idea from the website. The sound was good in this 2 level venue. Hope you guys can make it out to the new TR3 experience!! Highly recommended. Would've said hi Fluffy but didn't get a chance. Hope to see y'all down the road somewhere again soon. Make sure to rock out my home town of Bloomington,IL later this month! I'll try to make it back.
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2008 :  8:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you see that this webcast is linked from the TR hompage?

http://www.timreynolds.com/homepage/
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  2:04:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And the track Kabbalah has been added to YouTube and already has over 43,000 views. AMAZING! Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiJQxD8KSaU

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

newscane
Is Anybody Here?

7 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2008 :  11:33:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tape is now up on the LMA:

http://www.archive.org/details/tr32008-01-31.ck1.flac16
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2008 :  11:00:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally got to sit and watch the whole concert. Wow. I can't wait for them to tour out here in CA. I bet 10k lakes festival was awesome.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000