Poison
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2001 :  4:36:42 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Am I correct in assuming that htis song has never been on a Tim CD? I heard it from the Key Club show, but haven't been able to find it on any TR cds.

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2001 :  7:03:20 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey, The reason it isn't on any Tim cd is because it is a cover song. The song is Rat Poison by Prodigy.

PS, That version from the Key Club show rules!!

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2001 :  11:19:09 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hehe..I guess that explains it. Thanks.

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2001 :  5:10:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
He was also doing a kewl cover of Ministry "Just One Fix" on that tour as well. Another awesome cover by TR3.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2001 :  2:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have both of those songs on cd, I'll get some mp3s of them today for those who have not had the privilage of hearing them.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2001 :  2:47:20 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
While we are on the subject of TR3 covers, over the summer I went through my TR3 shows and made a list of all the cover songs I came across. I'm sure they have done a lot more over the years but these are just the ones I have recordings of:

TR3 Covers

- Just One Fix (Ministry)
- Rat Poison (The Prodigy)
- Buick McKane (T. Rex)
- Red Rain (Peter Gabriel)
- Spill the Wine (War)
- If 6 Was 9 (Jimi Hendrix)
- Exodus (Bob Marley)
- Natural Mystic (Bob Marley)
- Manic Depression (Jimi Hendrix)

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2001 :  6:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK, I have mp3s on my PC now of TR3 doing Rat Poison and Just One Fix.

Rat Poison is from 11-19-99
Just One Fix is from 9-30-99

The only way I have of distributing them is through AIM. My name is AstralPuke

Actually I'll put them in my audiogalaxy folder too so if you have that, they should show up on a search.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2001 :  10:35:35 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Anyone knwo what album from Prodigy, Rat Poison is on? I'd like to check out their version.

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2001 :  02:14:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think it may have only been on a single. I am not sure of that so don't quote me. Actually now that I think about it, it must be on an album as well. I just don't know which one. But CDNOW does!

http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=1356913264/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/ArtistID=PRODIGY/ITEMID=342968

Here is a very long link to that item with Poison on it on CDNOW. I would also investigate some single versions of the song as there are some great remixes out there. I seem to recall TR saying it was a remix version that inspired him. Sorry not sure which one, but I have heard 2 different remixes that kick ass!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2001 :  11:00:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
where oh where can I download TR3 mp3s or buy the cds????
Is Astral Projection considered TR3?

-Dave
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2001 :  6:26:58 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Patrick Orcutt (DirtySloth) used to have an FTP up with TR3 shows ans shit on it, thats where I got my stuff. I haven't found any other TR3 MP3s online as of yet. I do believe that Astral is considered TR3, since Tim, Johnny, and Houston are on the album.

Adam

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2001 :  8:57:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey rubylith, that is a complex question with an even more convoluted answer. Technically, Astral Projection and Live Puke Matix are TR3 CDs. They are not listed as TR3 but that is what is thought of as that incarnation of TR3. The original TR3 stuff is jazzier and it is all out of print. There were a couple of places on the internet where you could still find one or two of them. I generally tend to think of anything with Tim and the band as TR3 and solo acoustic as Tim Reynolds. You can get Astral Projection and Live Puke Matrix from TimReynolds.com There was an old post that talked about why it is good to buy them thru the website if you can. I found the link, here it is:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=411

I have tried the search feature of which I am so fond of but have not been able to locate the info on where you could buy Light Up Ahead on the internet. I think it was actually on the old message board. Maybe Soldo can look it up for you or maybe someone here remembers where it was. Good Luck! Hope this helps!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2001 :  11:37:48 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, definately buy through the site. I treated myself to Astral Projection for XMas, and I bought it through the site. Damn, that is a kick ass album. I'm loving Skeleton Walls.

Adam

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2001 :  01:17:19 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That Light Up Ahead was a link to an Ebay auction, and that was long ago, so I'm quite sure that the auction has been closed for some time now.

But if you are looking for Light Up Ahead, just watch there, and maybe you'll get lucky.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2001 :  2:21:35 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have an MP3 of Prodigy's Rat Roison. I'm not sure which remix it is, but it sounds the closest to the TR3 version than the others. Hit me up with an IM if you want it.

There was a site selling light up ahead but I'm pretty sure they ran out now too.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2001 :  10:59:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Rubylith, I found a couple of copies of Light Up Ahead available on the internet. Here are the links to the 2 I found:

http://www7.gemm.com/c/search.pl?sid=9623327&key=29856&a_refno=GML420927050

http://www7.gemm.com/c/search.pl?sid=9623327&key=29856&a_refno=GML402046097

The below link is a complete listing of TR titles available thru GEMM. I have enclosed it just so everyone can see how ridiculous the pricing is for what i consider EZ-2-GET TR CD's. You can get them off the website for 1/2 that. Although there is what appears to be a test pressing of Astral Projection. They say it is UNRELEASED, but we know better. The cheapest stuff on their list are the Light Up Ahead CD's which are the hardest to find. CRAZY Man CRAZY!!

http://www7.gemm.com/c/search.pl?sid=9623327&key=29856&disp_ad_format_mode=0&artist=REYNOLDS%2CTIM

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2001 :  12:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I found Music For the Jilted Generation at a local CD store for 2.99 and scooped it up. Damn the Poison on that sounds NOTHING like TR's version LOL. My search continues.

I'd take you up on your offer Kevin, if I had a faster connection, but I would want to bog you down with my slow ass speed. BTW, I should have that stuff out for that B&P of the key club show by tomorrow.

Adam

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000