Stranger In A Strained Land
As Far As You Can See
High In the West
Dissadent/Bittersweet (?)
Do It Yourself
No Other Words
Try A Little Harder
Doom

There's some more, newer/older songs that I don't know off the top of my head.

Go to Top of Page

Kevin
Chatterbox

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2004 :  1:40:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard Tim play Stream on a 12 for the first time the other day, and it was really pretty cool. Out of the songs JTR listed, Flourescense is one of my favs on a 12
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2004 :  9:37:03 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
and then they were free breaks my heart every time i hear it.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  08:12:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How do you feel about the subject of that song, dan p?

And Dissident is played on a 6-string, at least in the 3 versions I have.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  3:30:50 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
truth be told, i don't think about the subject of the song. not to disregard tim's inspirations and opinions, but i'm concerned only with the music, the sound and the craft. it could be about anything and it would sound exactly the same. even if the song was about something as hideous as the revival of the 3rd reich and the final extermination of the jews, it would still be a total masterpiece, every bit as beautiful and awesome, and i would still listen to it and love it.

i do that sometimes with some of my songs. i have a song called "the aids epidemic in africa is fucking hilarious" but the music stands alone and doesn't really relfect the title.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2004 :  08:41:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok, but the fact that Tim was thinking about the topic of the song as he wrote it should add something to the music, in the case of the AIDS epidemic song, I'd think a title like THAT should have some bering on the tune. I guess.

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2004 :  4:00:08 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i don't think it is does, because ultimately music is sound, not a title or an opinion. beautiful, well crafted music sounds like beautiful, well crafted music regardless of anything. that's the reason why i have songs named "the aids epidemic in africa is fucking hilarious" and "i kick my girlfriend down the stairs regularly." not that anything i write is beautiful or well crafted, but it prove that point. i know people who used to listen to me and have stopped because of a couple of titles. fuck 'em. their interest clearly doesn't lie solely in the music, and i'd prefer to not have them waste their time and mine with something other than just the music.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2004 :  4:05:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No, I am definitely not offended by that shit, in fact, I find it mildly amusing. But while we're on the topic of music, it seems like many of us on the board are guitar players. I think we should get something together where us boardheads could post stuff, if anything it would be just a display of nepotism, but from reading enough posts, you get a sense of people...to hear their stuff would just add to it...especially you, dan p.

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2004 :  5:01:53 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i have some mp3s lying around. they're older, though, and the quality isn't great.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2004 :  08:28:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you can posts links, I'd like to check zem out.

Go to Top of Page

Kevin
Chatterbox

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  1:38:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

i have some mp3s lying around. they're older, though, and the quality isn't great.

I'd like to hear em too :-)
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  3:11:30 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
alright. lemme just upload an mp3 or two with decent sound and performance somwhere.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  3:53:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back on the original subject, I was under the impression that Reliable Sources was on a six string.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  7:16:39 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i think it is.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  08:21:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Cool dan p, hook it up. And I would assume Reliable Sources is on a 6, has he ever played that live? It was definitely one of my faves off the Stream album, but I don't think I have seen it except maybe on one of the setlists on this website, can't remember the date.

Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  08:23:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, now that I think about it, the slapping part in that sounds like a 6, but the slide part sounds more like a 12...lots of mysteries on that album. And I would still like to know the deal w/ Messenger.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000