Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 blue man group and dave matthews...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2003 :  5:00:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
check it:

http://www.livedmb.com/SingAlong/

your words burn the air like the names of candy bars

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2003 :  9:41:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That was WAY cool! I got to see Blue Man Group in Vegas last year and was totally blown away. Seeing them in a music video adds a whole other dimension!

I keep telling Fluffy he would like them, but every time he's in Vegas he's too busy. Does anybody know if they have shows anywhere else besides Chicago?
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2003 :  9:43:40 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I saw the video for that the other day...it was bizarre to see Dave playing a very brief "lead" type part...on a dobro if I recall correctly.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2003 :  12:05:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah thanks that was great!!!!!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

joojoo
Is Anybody Here?

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2003 :  12:23:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit joojoo's Homepage  Send joojoo an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That was pretty cool!

btw, I have a friend that told me they saw the blue man group in NY a few months ago.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2003 :  01:57:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i saw them on the A2 tour with moby and Bowie . since they did a rock show, i heard this song played a while back, so it was cool.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Bill Palmer
Is Anybody Here?

33 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2003 :  12:09:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So is this a sign of what we can expect from Dave's imending "solo" record with Tim? Tim said it was going to be a surprise, new and exciting sounds from Dave, or however Tim phrased it. Can we expect an album of Dave playing dobro over electric beats?

One thing I've found ironic is that Tim seemingly always played electric with DMB, yet has always played acoustic so far when it's just Dave and Tim. We have yet to see a Dave and Tim collaboration in which Tim plays electric, right? And we all know of Dave's new affinity for electric these days, right? So is that what we can expect?

And what on earth would the tour be like? Tim and Dave on electic guitars, with some faceless backing band? Am I reading too much into this?

www.billpalmer.net Macintosh users, you've never had it so good.
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2003 :  12:19:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The blue man group is many groups scattered over the US. One of the benefits of not actually having identifiable features...besides the blue faces of course. I think that's how they run things, might have changed now that they've gotten bigger though.

Robots are the enemy? Hmm...
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2003 :  01:38:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That song is great... I have been waiting for this new album for a long time. Audio is still one of the best CD's I own.

Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2003 :  01:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Palmer

So is this a sign of what we can expect from Dave's imending "solo" record with Tim? Tim said it was going to be a surprise, new and exciting sounds from Dave, or however Tim phrased it. Can we expect an album of Dave playing dobro over electric beats?

One thing I've found ironic is that Tim seemingly always played electric with DMB, yet has always played acoustic so far when it's just Dave and Tim. We have yet to see a Dave and Tim collaboration in which Tim plays electric, right? And we all know of Dave's new affinity for electric these days, right? So is that what we can expect?

And what on earth would the tour be like? Tim and Dave on electic guitars, with some faceless backing band? Am I reading too much into this?

i doubt if theres a support tour for the solo record it would be anything other than the regular tours, like solo, d+t, or dmb. but anyway, just as a side mention, this is Blue Man Group feat Dave Matthews, not the other way around, so this song should have no indication of the sounds on daves solo record.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Bill Palmer
Is Anybody Here?

33 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2003 :  01:58:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"this is Blue Man Group feat Dave Matthews, not the other way around, so this song should have no indication of the sounds on daves solo record."

good point, but I thought perhaps it might be a hint of Dave's next intended direction. It's certainly different than anything he's done previously.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2003 :  03:33:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bill, Bill, Bill... You're just going to have to learn how to use the quote feature... Feel free to check the FAQ.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2003 :  05:58:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is it just me, or does Blue Man Group look like a bunch of bald, blue Ryan Stileses?

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Palmer
Is Anybody Here?

33 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2003 :  3:46:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

Bill, Bill, Bill... You're just going to have to learn how to use the quote feature... Feel free to check the FAQ.

Now you tell me...

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2003 :  4:30:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally heard the song! I was surprised at how mellow the song felt. Really cool with the different vocal parts played together.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2003 :  5:05:13 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I enjoy the feel of the song. I had no idea what to expect when I first heard it, but lo and behold I actually enjoyed it.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

monkeyman41
Try A Little Harder

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2003 :  10:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Send monkeyman41 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
its a pretty catchy song with a good beat
Go to Top of Page

rhymsesthecat
Try A Little Harder

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2003 :  7:08:18 PM  Show Profile  Send rhymsesthecat an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wow
that was great
i will have to share that with all my friends
thanks

rhymsesthecat
Go to Top of Page

Muskrat
Chatterbox

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  1:22:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Muskrat's Homepage  Send Muskrat an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I love that song... drives my sis crazy... but that's just a bonus

"You know, if you live long enough, eventually you're gonna die." -Words of wisdom from my dad
Go to Top of Page

cryfreedom
Is Anybody Here?

Armenia
1 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2003 :  6:36:06 PM  Show Profile  Send cryfreedom an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Its Dave Matthews and the blue man group not the other way around

rtregrd
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2003 :  8:43:11 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aBOARD, but it is on the BMG album so It kinda is their song.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000