tab for tim's cover of ohio?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dragonsarebeingsmoked
Is Anybody Here?

4 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  3:41:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if anyone of you great tabbers that submits tabs to this site would like to take a stab at it it would be greatly appreciated. he played at URI with dave a couple of days ago and it brought the house down. (or maybe just my house). If you want a copy of it send me an email and i'll attach it in the reply. my address is in my profile. even if you can't tab and want a copy of i'll send you one. i was also wondering if tim has done any rare covers besides the ones that are tabbed on this site.

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  4:10:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That is the longest screenname I've ever seen on this board or elsewhere. I'm not quite sure of TR's version, but ht CSNY verison is like this, so TR's is probably similar

Double Dropped D DADGBD

d------------------------
b---------3-3------------
g-------0h2--2----0------ Repeat and then end on this:
d----0----------3-------0
a-------------------0h3--
d---0--------------------

d------------------------
b---------3-3------------
g-------0h2--2----0------
d-----0---------3--------
a-------------------3----
d-----0----------------3b^^

Verse: D,F,C

G5 I think C

d--3----------0------------
b--3----------1------------
g--3----------0------------
d--3----------2------------
a--5----------3------------
d--5----------0------------

That's pretty much it. I paly it with a few extra pull-offs and some runs from C-B-A on the A stirng while still keeping my ring finger on that D on the B string. Bend the low D a few times, too, or add some runs adn licks using the D and C chords. Much fun much fun. Hope I helped you ole' dirty rascal, you.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  4:13:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Forgot too add, Make sure you keep up an alternating thumb line going on the two low D's. I didn't put them in there cause bass notes are hard to tab right.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

dragonsarebeingsmoked
Is Anybody Here?

4 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  11:57:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have the intro down, but thanks for posting that. he does the words for the verse with the guitar and it sounds like he's using the d-triad up and down the neck. his version isn't in double drop-d though, because he started off with after the goldrush and then went into ohio and goldrush has the high e normal.
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  3:45:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i figured. He may accually be playing a D minor to F during the song, but I haven't heard it yet. He may even play it up a little more to simulate the D note on the high E. So he might just play a D chord up on the neck with the note on the E down a little bit so it sounds like a D chord in Double dropped. He's in Dropped D, by the way, cause After THe Goldrush is in D.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

the41ststone
Is Anybody Here?

1 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  11:40:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
top...anyone have this fully tabbed out yet?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000