Happy Thanxgiving
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  08:31:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm leaving soon to spend Thanxgiving in the Adirondack mountains.
Hope everyone has a wonderfully thankful day and weekend.
XOXO

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  9:33:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you will have a better one. HEHE Wishing everyone a happy Turkey Day, even Chicken Sandwiches!!

For your amusement on the holidays:

Things You Can Get Away with Saying At Thanksgiving

1. Talk about a huge breast!

2. Tying the legs together keeps the inside moist.

3. It's Cool Whip Time!

4. If I don't undo my pants, I'll burst!

5. Whew, that's one terrific spread!

6. I'm in the mood for a little dark meat.

7. Are you ready for seconds yet?

8. It's a little dry, do you still want to eat it?

9. Just wait your turn, you'll get some

10. Don't play with your meat.

11. Just spread the legs open and stuff it in.

12. Do you think you'll be able to handle all these people at once?

13. I didn't expect everyone to come at once!

14. You still have a little bit on your chin.

15. How long will it take after you stick it in?

16. You'll know it's ready when it pops up.

17. Wow, I didn't think I could handle all of that!

18. That's the biggest one I've ever seen!

19. How long do I beat it before it's ready?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  10:21:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And again, for the 20th one:

How's about a flamingjoemoe?

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  10:38:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And again, Flaming Moes are for the 20th post to a thread. DOAH!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  10:41:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Fluffy.....You've got mail.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  10:41:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No you fool! The reason I put the flamingjoemoe was becuase you gave 19 reasons, and I added the 20th. lol

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  10:44:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I understood that, but Flaming Moes are only for the 20th post! DOAH!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  10:46:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa, whoa, whoa wait. You call them FLAMING MOES. I always thought they were FlamingJOEmoes. All because Joemoe would always do that.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  10:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yea, they were, but then he went away and they became Flaming Moes again. That was the original name anyway. HEHE No JoeMoe, No Flaming JoeMoes, we are left with Flaming Moes.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  10:54:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flaming Moe's huh? It'll take a bit to get used to, but ah well.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  11:10:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Remember, change can sometimes be a GOOD thing!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  11:16:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One quick practice shot:

How's about a Flaming Moe! Hhhmmm...not bad.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  11:27:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Stop doing that, you can't just waste the Flaming Moes!!!! They must be saved for the holiest of holiest occasions, the 20th post.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  11:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol, sorry 'bout that.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2002 :  08:17:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone....I have a date this morning with "Tom"all 22lbs of him. I just love Thanksgiving morning when everyones asleep and I am starting the turkey! This year not everyone in my house is still sleeping....my daughter was off to Starbucks to work bright and early!She only works til noon so it's all good.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2002 :  10:43:36 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Evergreen, hope you had a peaceful and wonderful Thankksgiving, Hey call me sometime, everytime I call your not around.... miss you and baba!

Pam I hope your date was quite delicious!!! Those leftovers are always the best! Miss ya!!!
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  02:45:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Evergreen, how was your trip to the Adirondacks? I bet you had a great TIMe. Did kitty go with you? I bet she had a great TIMe as well. Let us know how much fun you had. Enquiring minds want to know. Miss ya!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  09:34:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I miss you too! I have to go to a meeting right now, but I'll be back later to tell you about my weekend. It was adventurous as usual when I go to the mountains. I'm not sure it was a fun adventure, but interesting anyway. I'll be back later.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  9:14:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
EVERGREEN wrote:
quote:
I'm not sure it was a fun adventure, but interesting anyway.

Well you have certainly piqued my interest, I hope it went OK and you didn't end up having one of those wilderness experiences Rew and I are so fond of having. For everyone else who isn't sure what I am talking about, check out our harrowing adventures:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1907

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2002 :  4:04:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Hey call me sometime, everytime I call your not around.... miss you and baba!

Liz, Email me your number again. I moved last month and I don't know where anything but the kitty is located at the moment including your number, sorry. I have come to the conclusion that I have TOO much stuff. More than one person should be allowed to own. My books alone take up one room. I'm finally in my own apartment with no psycho roommates for the first TIMe in several years so even though its in piles I'm happy happy happy. And Baba lives right next door. We share a porch.

Fluffy, Here's the adirondack adventure. It's a bit shortened because I'm have to go soon. There was a snow storm on my way back to vermont after Thanxgiving. VERY slippery icy roads with little visability. These two guys drove up behind me really fast and quickly became angry because I was going to slow for them. Beeping the horn, flashing the high beams attempting to get in the other lane. and even though I pulled over for them to go by they were angry nasty drivers for some reason. They flew by me so close to scraping the side of my car about 50 mph. While sitting on the side of the road regaining my scruples, I noticed blood in the snow on the side but in my headlights. Pretty big drips going off out of sight which wasn't too far because of the blowing snow. Unable to just leave without checking the source of the blood, I got out of the car and followed the trail into the woods with my flashlight a little way to discover a small deer. She had been shot(discovered this later) and was bleeding. She was very small but didn't have the white spots. She was unconscious but not dead as there were breaths and a heart beat. It was so sad that I instantly had tears streaming down my face. There was no way I was leaving her there. So after some thinking for what seemed like hours, but was only minutes I got the deer into the back of my car (Althea didn't go with me, Baba was kitty sitting). I knew there was a local vet that worked out of her house about 20 miles down the road and she cared for large animals like horses. The office was closed of course because it was 9 at night but I banged on the door and she was happy to help out the deer. I waited awhile but it had to go into surgery so I left that night and she called me the next day to say she had removed the bullet from a high powered hunting rifle and the deer would likely recover. If the guy hadn't run me off the road I would have never seen the blood or the injured deer. Strange how things work that way. I hate hunting and anything to do with it. Some idiot shot at a baby, wounded it and didn't even check it out. The vet was sure the shot came from a car because of where I found the blood and where she fell.
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2002 :  4:11:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How did I get the deer into the car? Dragged her on a blanket. It wasn't easy. Then at the car, I had a flat piece of board left over from moving. For days before I was mad at myself because I kept procrastinating getting it out. If the board weren't in the car I would have had a really hard TIMe lifting the deer up. I'm sure I'd have done it somehow, but it really helped.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2002 :  4:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Evergreen

How did I get the deer into the car?

Hehe.......kind of like Tommy Boy.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2002 :  4:47:49 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's an interesting story. I just yesterday talked to the head secretary here for a while (for the first time - a real conversation, I mean) and she told me about a picture she had on the wall. It was her and a deer... the deers mom had been killed by a car and the baby who was trailing the mom took off into the woods. Well one of the ladys friends saw the mom get hit and the baby take off and he took off after the baby. So he caught Bambi, and from the on bambi lived at the secretarys house. She fed it and all that. it would come running up to her car when she got home from work and stuff. Just like a dog, which incidentally she has some of too, and they all played together happily.

Then the other day someone shot the baby deer. A deer with a collar on, and they shot it. Just like that. They could have just called it, and put it in their car live and taken it to the butcher...talk about fresh. That's how tame it was.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2002 :  06:24:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like even asshole drivers can someTIMes be a godsend. Thankfully they were in such a hurry. Thankfully, you cared enuf to check out the blood trail. Thankfully the deer will recover. Sounds like a wonderful end to a tragic situation. I think you should be thrilled by the outcome and look at the whole thing as one of those beautiful puzzles of the multiverse. Everything happens for a reason, even asshole drivers. Makes you think, maybe next TIMe you are waving your fist or finger at one of them, maybe you should stop and look around, maybe there is a greater purpose to the whole situation. Evergreen found one. Congrats, I wouldn't have expected any less. Actually, I am surprised you aren't telling us it is now living with you keeping Althea company. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2002 :  06:34:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awe....you are my kind of person Evergreen!!! (I once gave mouth to snout respiration to a dog to try to save it.)

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2002 :  2:26:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Actually, I am surprised you aren't telling us it is now living with you keeping Althea company. HEHE

If I had it my way. You know I thought about it. But I live in an apartment for the TIMe being. Smack in the middle of downtown. Can you see me taking her out on a leash. Plus she lives in the ADK's. I'd never take her out of paradise.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2002 :  03:04:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Evergreen said:
quote:
Plus she lives in the ADK's. I'd never take her out of paradise.

PJK said it best I think:
quote:
you are my kind of person Evergreen!!!

Maybe when you move to the mountains and build your house she will stop by and visit. I know it crossed your mind to keep her though. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2002 :  09:02:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe. At this point I'm the weird lady downtown with all
the cats.
I'm having trouble finding land with zoning laws that aren't so stringent. In order to build a homestead with things like compost toilets, alternative heating and electricity, temporary srtuctures while working on the house, etc, the zoning has to allow for it. Many towns, counties, etc have laws that require you to build and have construction techniques that are common to your everyday regular "ranch" house on the grid. .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000