Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 Recommendations on music editing software...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2002 :  8:17:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am just looking for something to be able to mess around with doing some layering. Pro Tools is cost prohibitive right now, which is why I just want something to be able to plug directly into my sound card. I've had SoundForge for a while, and I know I CAN do it in there, but from what I've learned by using it, it seems like it will be a pain in the ass. Is there anything that you all know of that's more geared towards editing MUSIC rather than just sounds?

ngetal
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
46 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2002 :  9:17:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit ngetal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
check out cake walk,or cool edit pro...you can prolly download hacked copies from winmx...buying them is expensive

ring modulators go ''zing zang zow''
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2002 :  12:15:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yep... that's the plan. Exactly why I'm not particularly interested in investing in any actual hardware at the moment. Thanks, I've heard of both of those programs but just didn't think of them. Any preference between the two?
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2002 :  12:56:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
CE Pro, its a fucking bad ass program.

~pw'oikr

...Thoughts of love and babies and comfortable slippers on autumn nights...

And the further I get from the things that I care about
The less I care about how much further away I get
~Robert Smith
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2002 :  01:44:40 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I actually have Cool Edit Pro, Jon Soldo hooked me up with it, I'll look for the .exe file and send it to anyone who wants.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2002 :  11:18:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just downloaded it last night. :)

Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2002 :  11:56:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
by far the best in digital audo editing is Pro Tools. Very expensive though, but it is quite a nice piece of software.

http://www.immortalink.com/dave_cahill/
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2002 :  11:58:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So I've heard... but don't you need to have to have some kind of hardware to go with it, or is there a version that works software only?
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2002 :  6:55:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought you had to have the hardware to go with it. Never used it though so I could be wrong. Another program you might want to check out is Acid Pro. Basically like Cakewalk except you can do all kinds of stuff with loops too.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2002 :  7:00:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Exactly... I had a "dream" last week. In my "dream" I downloaded Pro Tools off of imesh and couldn't get it to work without having some kind of hardware. When I woke up from this "dream" I decided to ask for other recommendations here. You know... those damn dreams... so vivid...
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2002 :  7:03:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Downloading stuff in your dreams. Hmmm. Spending a little too much time on the computer?

Not that I'm one to talk.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2002 :  8:25:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Silky The Pimp

Exactly... I had a "dream" last week. In my "dream" I downloaded Pro Tools off of imesh and couldn't get it to work without having some kind of hardware. When I woke up from this "dream" I decided to ask for other recommendations here. You know... those damn dreams... so vivid...

"I want to help you George Washington? Man! Even your dreams are square."

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

ngetal
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
46 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2002 :  06:01:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit ngetal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

I actually have Cool Edit Pro, Jon Soldo hooked me up with it, I'll look for the .exe file and send it to anyone who wants.

you have the FULL version or the demo of it?
i can only find demos,so i can not save my recordings

ring modulators go ''zing zang zow''
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2002 :  1:56:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't think I have anything now... my computer seems to have died this morning. I may have to do a clean install when I get home later at which point I'll not have anything on there, which will suck. The nice thing is that I can get it all back with a little downloading. But I am upset about losing are all my mp3's. I don't think I'll be able to get them all back without audiogalaxy. Sucks. But anyway, I'm pretty sure CEP was the full version. Just go on imesh and do a search. It came up with plenty of results... most of which claimed to be the full version.
-J

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000