Other guitarists?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  12:53:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just wondering ... what are all of your opinions on some of the great guitarists of our day, like Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, etc. Those players are masters of the guitar, and some woudl say they are better than Tim. I think Vai can blow anybody out of the water, yet I prefer listening to Tim because his songs have more of an earthy feel that I can connect with. Does Tim have a guitar idol? I'd like to know what some of his musical influences are on the guitar.

you can stop searching... it's right inside your guitar.

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2002 :  01:57:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TR really doesn't have anyone he would call an idol. He loves lots of guitar players. I would say from my perception from conversations I have had with him that John McLaughlin would be a major influence on TR. He has had so many influences though. He says alot of the guitar players from when he was growing up were big influences. People like Ritchie Blackmore. I don't think they are influences on TR stylistically as much, it is probably better to say all TR's fave music influences him in some way. I explained this alot better in another post. I would give this a read and see if it makes more sense to you. TR says some of his biggest influences on guitar come from the most unlikely of places. Not even from guitar players. He loves listening to industrial music(NIN, Ministry, Prodigy, Aphex Twin etc etc)and draws alot of inspiration and influence from them surprisingly enuf. He likes to try and translate sounds to the guitar. Read the other post I have linked and I think you will understand much better. Hope this helps.

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1079

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2002 :  01:58:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
PS: Welcome aBOARD JeFoPe!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2002 :  3:29:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, thanks for the link, it was great

you can stop searching... it's right inside your guitar.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2002 :  10:29:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Always glad to help, glad you enjoyed it and found it informative and useful. My day is getting better.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000