Why do Mondays suck?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2002 :  5:04:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is something that bothers me. People come to work on Monday morning EVERY Monday morning, EXPECTING something to not go their way. Then when something does, they're like, "Well, what did you expect for a Monday?" What a load of shit! Then when you go into a store, they're like "It's been Monday all day." No shit sherlock, if it's Monday, then it's going to be Monday ALL DAY, you dumb shit.

And on top of that, most of the time, what goes wrong on Monday that makes it bad wouldn't be enough to ruin a regular day. I mean, something goes wrong on Tuesday (yes I know that's today), and no one's like "Damn, what did you expect for a Tuesday?"

So that's my soapbox. Sorry everybody...it's being a long day.......

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2002 :  5:10:28 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Everyday is a "monday" when I work. It's not very pleasant.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2002 :  5:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tell me why I don't like Mondays!!!!!

One of my favorite songs from the 80's. Here is a link if you have never heard it.
http://www.tzwaenn.de/lyrics/Boomtown_Rats_-_I_dont_like_Mondays.html
Here are the lyrics:
Boomtown Rats - I don't like Mondays

The silicon chip inside her head.
Gets switched to overload,
And nobody's gonna go to school today,
She's going to make them stay at home,
And daddy doesn't understand it,
He always said she was as good as gold,
And he can see no reason.
Cos there are no reasons.
What reason do you need to be shown.

Tell me why.
I Don't like Mondays.
I want to shoot.
The whole day down.

The Telex machine is kept so clean.
As it types to a waiting world,
And Mother feels so shocked,
Father's world is rocked,
And their thoughts turn to.
Their own little girl.
Sweet 16 ain't that peachy keen,
No, it ain't so neat to admit defeat,
They can see no reasons.

Tell me why.
I Don't like Mondays.
I want to shoot.
The whole day down.

All the playing's stopped in the playground now
She wants to play with her toys a while
And school's out early and soon we'll be learning
And the lesson today is how to die,
And then the bullhorn crackles,
And the captain crackles,
With the problems and the how's and why's
And he can see no reasons
Cos there are no reasons
What reason do you need to die

Tell me why.
I Don't like Mondays.
I want to shoot.
The whole day down.

HERE IS THE STORY BEHIND THE SONG!! And you thought you hated monday.

The shooting occurred in California - the San Diego area. Here's an article from a local paper when she was up for parole:

No parole for sniper who hated Mondays
She killed 2, wounded 9 in '79 San Carlos spree

ANNE KRUEGER
Staff Writer

22-Jan-1993 Friday

CORONA -- Brenda Spencer, who has been imprisoned since she killed two people and wounded nine others in a 1979 San Carlos schoolyard shooting, was turned down yesterday for a chance at parole.

Spencer, 30, did not appear before the three-member Board of Prison Terms panel considering her first opportunity for parole from the Frontera women's prison. But she said in a written statement that she plans to file a legal challenge to her conviction on two murder charges and one of assault with a deadly weapon, contending that authorities conspired against her.

Spencer pleaded guilty to the charges in October 1979, just as her trial was to begin, and was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison.

Spencer, then 16, fired a volley of bullets from her house toward the Cleveland Elementary School playground Jan. 29, 1979. She told a reporter who called her during the 6 1/2 -hour siege that she opened fire because, "I don't like Mondays. This livens up the day."

The shooting attracted worldwide attention, and an Irish rock group, the Boomtown Rats, wrote a song titled "I Don't Like Mondays."

In her statement yesterday, Spencer claimed for the first time that she had been under the influence of drugs and alcohol when she opened fire.

She also contended that police, prosecutors and her defense attorney conspired to fabricate laboratory test results that revealed no drugs in her system after she surrendered to police.

She alleged she was given mind-altering drugs for two years after her arrest and did not
realize until a few months ago that she had signed an agreement to plead guilty to
first-degree murder. "People who saw me say I was a zombie (during her court hearings)," Spencer said in her statement. "I said what they told me to say, I did what they told me to do."

Spencer said in her statement that she is active in a prison group of about 50 women who contend that they were given mind-altering drugs while they were jailed awaiting trial. She said she plans to file a federal civil rights suit and is seeking help from state legislators and members of Congress.

Both former prosecutor Charles Patrick, who is now a Municipal Court judge, and Spencer's attorney, Michael McGlinn, vehemently denied that any evidence was hidden in her case. "It's just absolute nonsense," Patrick said. "There was never any indication that any test results were in any way falsified."

McGlinn, who wrote a letter on Spencer's behalf that was read at yesterday's hearing, said Spencer was trying to challenge her conviction because she realized that the state Board of Prison Terms is not giving parole dates to prisoners. He said Spencer got the best defense he could give her. "It obviously was a tragic case, but we couldn't do any better than we did," McGlinn said. "She got our fullest attention."Spencer's claims, outlined in the statement read by Richard Jallins, an El Cajon lawyer who represented her at the hearing, elicited little sympathy from members of the parole board.

Former state senator James Nielsen, the chairman of the board, said Spencer had somewhat recognized her responsibility for the crime, but said, "That acknowledgementis woven in a web of denial, excuse and blame-claiming."

The board members -- Nielsen, former El Cajon state assemblywoman Carol Bentley and former San Diego Police Department assistant chief Manny Guaderrama -- said Spencer would have to wait three years before she would again be considered for parole.

Spencer opened fire from her house on Lake Atlin Avenue across the street from the school at 8:30 a.m., just as students were heading into their classes from the playground.

Principal Burton Wragg, 53, was killed, and Mike Suchar, 56, the school's head custodian was shot in the chest and killed when he ran to help Wragg. Eight children were wounded as they ran for cover, and a police officer was wounded in the neck.

Authorities drove a trash disposal truck between Spencer's house and the school to block her line of fire. After hours of negotiations with police, Spencer surrendered. Police
found a .22-caliber semiautomatic rifle and about 40 expended shells in her home.

Daryl Barnes, who was a teacher at Cleveland Elementary, saw Spencer's bullets hit and kill Wragg and Suchar. He also brought a wounded child into the school while screaming for someone to call police.

Barnes, who did not attend the hearing, said Spencer should never be released from prison."Everybody makes mistakes and should be forgiven, but to me it's a capital crime," said Barnes, who is now a fifth-grade teacher at Hancock Elementary School in Tierrasanta. "If the sentence is 25 years, she shouldn't be paroled until the 25 years are up."

Spencer contended in her statement to the parole board that she is remorseful for the crime but said she is not guilty of murder because she was under the influence of alcohol and the hallucinogenic drug PCP.

"I live with the unbearable pain every day of knowing that I was responsible for the death
of two people and caused many others physical and emotional pain and suffering," Spencer said in the statement. "But I'm not a murderer."

She said that while under the influence of the drugs, she started to hallucinate and saw
commando types in paramilitary gear advance toward her house. She said she barricaded herself in and started shooting, using the rifle her father had given her for Christmas.

She also said she doubts whether the victims were hit by bullets from her rifle, contending that they might have been shot by police and that police officers lied in court about how many shots they fired.

While in prison, Spencer has graduated from high school and taken college courses and
vocational courses in electronics. She has had only minor disciplinary problems.

Deputy District Attorney Dave Berry urged the Board of Prison Terms members not to grant parole for Spencer, citing her lack of remorse and indications that she had planned the shootings days before they occurred.

While the board members deliberated for 35 minutes on their decision in Spencer's case, she could be seen in a small room next to the board's hearing room. Wearing glasses and with her red hair in a short punkish cut, she appeared much like her pictures following her 1979 arrest.

None of the victims of Spencer's shooting spree appeared at yesterday's hearing. Those
contacted by a reporter said they did not know about the hearing and said officials had
not told them it was scheduled.

Wragg's widow, Kathe, said she hopes Spencer never gets out of prison. "I could never feel trustworthy of a person like that," Wragg said. "Just the idea that she
felt she had to kill somebody. It's so self-serving and inward. I would never want her to
be out. I have not seen any remorse." Wragg, who never remarried, said she is constantly reminded of her husband's death. "This is always on my mind. You never forget," she said. "It did a lot to our family." Norman Buell's daughter, Christy, was 9 when she was hit twice by bullets fired by Spencer. Buell, who works with troubled adolescents in a group home, said he would have no objection to Spencer being paroled from prison. He cited Spencer's youth at the time of the shooting and his belief that Spencer was abused.

"Those things put together are not a good chemical mix and I could see where it would
happen," Norman Buell said. "I personally would say that she's served her sentence."

Christy Buell, now 23, works at a daycare center in San Carlos. Buell said one child who was enrolled at the center was the offspring of Brenda Spencer's father, Wallace, and his present wife, who was Brenda Spencer's 17-year-old cellmate when she was being held at Juvenile Hall.

Wallace Spencer still lives in the same house across the street from the former Cleveland Elementary School, which is now the home of San Diego Hebrew Day School. He refused to comment when contacted by a reporter.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2002 :  6:21:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well both monday and tuesday suck. it's the begin'n if theweek and we're all watin' for the weekend.

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2002 :  6:40:11 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Actually I have to work the weekend, so I'm not looking forward to it.
On a positive note, 3 more days away from work stress!

quote:
Spencer contended in her statement to the parole board that she is remorseful for the crime but said she is not guilty of murder because she was under the influence of alcohol and the hallucinogenic drug PCP.

She belongs in prison for the rest of her life.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2002 :  6:43:29 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I dunno...my today was WAY worse than my Monday. My boss kept having things happen that were his fault yesterday, and then blaming them on Monday...Of course that's crap...it was his fault, and Monday didn't have anything to do with it. Today on the other hand, my boss's boss was in an awful mood, and he came down on all of us (not "went down"). I actually felt sorry for my boss cause his boss was being an ASSHOLE. But the thing he was so mad at was my fault, and when I readily admitted my mistake (something I'm not ashamed to do) he didn't know what to do, so he just skulked to the back. The old fucker.

So today was worse, and it had nothing to do with it being Tuesday.

What was the question?

-what-
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2002 :  6:45:01 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Spencer contended in her statement to the parole board that she is remorseful for the crime but said she is not guilty of murder because she was under the influence of alcohol and the hallucinogenic drug PCB[DMB?].

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2002 :  7:34:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
actually i work on the weekend so i'm not lookin' forward to it.
well i see u're point there liz. i don't work at all so i don't hate the days. heck i feel like i'm retired. i'm 14 and i just went out and bought a pair of black wing-tipped shoes. i like them.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2002 :  7:48:35 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Enjoy your so called retirement Captain, the real world awaits you in a few short years.

Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2002 :  8:05:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah well if i get to keep my wingtipped shoes then i'll be happy.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2002 :  8:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc etc etc, it's all the same. As I always say, "Life Sucks and then you Die!"

Tell me why I don't like LIFE
I want to shoot it all down

Maybe that is why I had a dream about mass-suicide the other nite. Really freaked me out.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2002 :  8:56:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
mass sucicide. don't talk about that. i've tried to commit sucicide. don't talk about that stuff.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2002 :  8:56:30 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Maybe that is why I had a dream about mass-suicide the other nite. Really freaked me out.

That's not a dream, that's a fucking nightmare!!

Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2002 :  8:58:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah i agree. these things arn't good. dreams are supposed to be happy. u kno. like little fariy princesses or somthing.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2002 :  9:57:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yea, I think it is what you would call one of those lucid dreams. It really had me freaked out when I woke up. I thought it was all real and I was trying to sort it all out in my head. I could remember every detail so clearly. VIVID detail. Freaked my ass out. Then later I was gonna post about it under the discussion about lucid dreams and I realized I cannot remember 1 clear thing about it except that I had a dream that really freaked me out about mass-suicide. I have tried to remember the facts of the dream but to no avail. I believe it is gone for good. Hopefully something will come along a spark the right memory switch, cause I know it's in there. I thought long and hard about it right after I woke up. It really freaked me out.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2002 :  10:09:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
u re-stated the fact that "it really freaked my out" like five TIMes in there.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2002 :  10:10:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
BECAUSE.........

it really freaked me out!!!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2002 :  10:13:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ohhhhh. i get it now.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  08:09:03 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy that would freak me out too. May I give you some sugestions for happy dreams? Somedays that's the only happiness I get, in my dreams...

Go to Top of Page

Ginohassideburns
Try A Little Harder

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  6:09:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Ginohassideburns an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The outcome of your day is based on what you make of it. Think about it if there was no Monday then your Tuesdays would suck. So in fact Monday is there for a reason its to start the week over again. Its like a new start almost, and instead of waking up on a monday morning all pissed off try being happy thats its the start of a good week. Who knows maybe you might have a good day.

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2002 :  6:26:01 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Reminds of something really funny I heard on the drew carey show. Someone was complaining about their job and he said...

"Oh, that's too bad. You hate your job? They have a support group for that you know - it's called EVERYBODY. And the meet at the bar to talk about it."

---------------
Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque

"I heard Tim stopped playing with Dave when he got pregnant"
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2002 :  04:50:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Rippa, I know exactly what you mean. They all come by the club and have some drinks because they had a bad day and then I start having a bad day at work when they start acting up and I have to put a foot in their ass. My bad days are usually bad nights. Since I don't work a M-F job there is no such thing as Monday to me. I just have bad nites. Oh, and good ones too. The good ones far outweigh the bad ones, unless of course it is a Mojo Nixon or Dead Milkmen show. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2002 :  10:51:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
somedays that's the only happieness i get, i my dreams
sorry to hear that liz.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2002 :  07:35:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote

Tell me why.
I Don't like Mondays.
I want to shoot.
The whole day down.

The Telex machine is kept so clean.
As it types to a waiting world,
And Mother feels so shocked,
Father's world is rocked,
And their thoughts turn to.
Their own little girl.
Sweet 16 ain't that peachy keen,
No, it ain't so neat to admit defeat,
They can see no reasons.

Tell me why.
I Don't like Mondays.
I want to shoot.
The whole day down.

All the playing's stopped in the playground now
She wants to play with her toys a while
And school's out early and soon we'll be learning
And the lesson today is how to die,
And then the bullhorn crackles,
And the captain crackles,
With the problems and the how's and why's
And he can see no reasons
Cos there are no reasons
What reason do you need to die

Tell me why.
I Don't like Mondays.
I want to shoot.
The whole day down.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2002 :  4:14:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Spencer contended in her statement to the parole board that she is remorseful for the crime but said she is not guilty of murder because she was under the influence of alcohol and the hallucinogenic drug PCB[DMB?].

-what-

Uh oh.......they're on to me!

"Does anyone say 'Looks like someone's got a case of the Mondays' at your job?"
"Nah.....nah man! I believe someone would get their ass kicked if they said that, man!"

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  12:44:55 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This is funny with the advent of this topic...

The FIRST person that came into my store today, when asked how they were said:

"Well, it's Monday. And I guess it's going to be Monday all day."

Exactly what genome was talking about. Well, no shit, it's going to be monday all day, make the best of it. It doesn't necessarily HAVE to be a bad day.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  04:28:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Was it Monday? I hadn't even noticed.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2002 :  8:47:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"What day is it?"
"It's Thursday."
"Thursday?! It feels like Tuesday."
"Tuesday has no feel. Monday has a feel.....Friday has a feel.....Sunday has a fe.."
"NEWMAN!"

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2002 :  10:08:44 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm happy it's the weekend. My weekend off of course!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2002 :  12:17:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
weekend? Could you give me a definition of that. I am not sure I have ever had one of those. weekend? Doesn't even sound familiar. HMMMMM I have seen movies with weekendings, but what is this weekend of which you speak?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2002 :  03:06:47 AM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

weekend? Could you give me a definition of that. I am not sure I have ever had one of those. weekend? Doesn't even sound familiar. HMMMMM I have seen movies with weekendings, but what is this weekend of which you speak?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy [img]fluff_alien.gif">[img]yinyang.gif">[img]skull.gif">[img]bigeyes2.gif">[img]censored.gif">[img]weeping.gif">[img]kitty.gif">[img]sonar.gif">[img]darkside.gif">

Weekend: The two days spent sleeping and consuming alcohol in preparation of the upcoming week and to heal the wounds of the previous week.

---------------
Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque

"I heard Tim stopped playing with Dave when he got pregnant"
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2002 :  08:18:52 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My definition of the weekend is when I get off work on friday and have saturday and sunday off. I work every third weekend so when I work that doesn't count. I usually have off 3 days in a row every week, so I guess I will call that a holiday! LOL! The only advantage to working the 12 hour hell shifts are the extra days off. But with the recent birth boom, sorry to say from the 911 incident, I am called on my days off. I have learned to say NO or not answer the phone. It's summer and I prefer to spend my TIMe out in the sun or at the BEACH! I finally got my season pass to Delaware State Parks and I love going to Dewey Beach. Fluffy you must know where that is. The Bottle and Cork is there. Maybe TR could play there someTIMe??
It's nothing fancy but the beach is there!!!!

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2002 :  09:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

But with the recent birth boom, sorry to say from the 911 incident

What do you mean? Wouldn't it be too early to detect an increase in births due to an event that happened..oh I guess that was 9 months ago. Well hell, I didn't konw all that about the birth boom...care to give some more info?

No one understands me.
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2002 :  5:24:51 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's very busy birthing babies these days. We are at full census just about everyday. They walk in and I say would you like your epidural now or later! hee hee Lots of twin births too, glad it's not me. My little will be 9 in July and the oldest is 19. And Alison is 17 today. There is one more and he is 13. You can figure the addition out on how many.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2002 :  7:15:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Weekend: The two days spent sleeping and consuming alcohol in preparation of the upcoming week and to heal the wounds of the previous week.

Manjula: Week....end? I don't understand. Doesn't your husband work a standard 18 hour day? You told me it was an American tradition to work all week and never see your wife!!!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2002 :  1:32:29 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It's very busy birthing babies these days. We are at full census just about everyday. They walk in and I say would you like your epidural now or later! hee hee Lots of twin births too, glad it's not me.

Maybe Silky can fill us in on some of the psychological reasons for a birth boom after a tragedy. Silky? Any thoughts?

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2002 :  02:28:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Because it was the day Fluffy returned to the BOARD!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2002 :  11:33:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Maybe Silky can fill us in on some of the psychological reasons for a birth boom after a tragedy. Silky? Any thoughts?

I remember just touching the surface on this in one of my classes... it has something to do with the way people tend not to appreciate things until they're gone, making people much more aware of those that ARE around when a tragedy occurs. So for a couple, that translates into: my aunt's cousin's nephew's friend's hairdresser passed... LET'S SHAG!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2002 :  8:29:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Works for me!

Maybe that should be added to the bad pick-up lines list.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2002 :  1:41:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
DONE!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2002 :  02:48:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
......and done!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2002 :  06:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is that like Dumb and Dumber?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  01:52:22 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No, it's like Done and Dunner.

I am not the albatross of love, I am the human elipse. I am dot dot dot.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  02:05:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh, now thats...Dumb and Dumber!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  02:08:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"The chiken on the right is more donner than the chiken on the leftd"

Accual answer written on my sisters food safety test in her senior year...it kind of scares me that she is going to be a pharmacist once she graduates.

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  02:18:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
GULPVERY SCARY INDEED!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  02:19:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OR!!! She could be President of the U.S.A!!! Wow! What a great idea!

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  02:25:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Even given that answer, she may be smarter than most of the last few presidents we have had.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  03:34:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
(a la Ed McMahon) HEYOOOOOOHHH!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2002 :  07:36:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
He rode Johnnys coattails! Johnny is a legend and where is Ed now? Showing up on unsuspecting rednecks doorsteps with a HUGE, oversized check the bank would NEVER cash. I think he also hosted that pearl of american television, a show we as americans can be proud of, Star Search. The only show worse might be that new Teen Idol show. Ugghhh!! Ed who?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2002 :  03:22:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey HTG, How do you feel about MONDAYS?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2002 :  5:43:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still feel the same way about Mondays. Maybe each person has a day they expect to be bad and therefore it will be bad to them no matter what. Sounds like HispanicTeenGuitarists bad day is Sunday. Could it be because that's something he expects? Just a thought for your Wednesday, hump day.

Now I might go catch up on the 250 or so posts.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000