Spiderman..can we say, YES
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  2:49:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok i caught the spider man flick,
since he is my favorite comic book hero ever, and
it....was.....GOOD, thats the first time i saw a
comic book based movie DONE RIGHT! the way he
moved and his agilty, was actually, the same as
the comic book. i was looking for dissapointment,
and found NONE. the movies can never do what
comics can do...but this one did.
watch it,
Joe

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  4:28:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha, hell yeah. The movie is awesome, I actually just got back from watching it. It was cool watching Spider-Man swing around through the city, and Kirsten Dunst, my god she looked good with that red hair.

"I tell you what, I'm not that easily amused ...wow, a blue car!" Homer Simpson.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  4:57:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I went to go see it the other night but it was sold out. I'll definitely try and catch it again soon though... it looks fun.
-J

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  6:14:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alot of my friends said they couldnt see it due to it selling out. Me and my friends caught the earliest time, and the theather filled up pretty quickly. I'm thinking of seeing it again.

"I tell you what, I'm not that easily amused ...wow, a blue car!" Homer Simpson.
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  6:24:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just saw it with my little brother and I thought it was pretty good, I didn't like the blatent Dr. Pepper plug, but I do like Dr. Pepper, so it's ok. I also shouldn't call it blatent, it was actually pretty sutle, the Yahoo! plug in Inspector Gadget, now THAT'S blatent.

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

joemoe
Try A Little Harder

77 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  6:36:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
and Kirsten Dunst, my god she looked good with that red hair.

Oh yes. She's hot.............^_^ oh, the movie, yeah, it's good, great even. My only complaint was with the way the Green Goblin looked. It wasnt anything like the comics, but ah well. I bet that movie's going to make a shit load of $$$$$

Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  8:59:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard there's a good nipple shot in the movie?? We can only hope...

Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  4:21:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Genome that upside down kiss in the rain with Dunst's nips all poking out is HOT AS HELL!

I really dug the new Spiderman, stayed fairly true to the comic book, a few bad parts but on a whole I thought it was a damn solid flix.

Too bad in 11 days i'm not even gonna rembember it exists MWAHAHAHA

3----------------------->

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  9:53:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which remindes me: My friend grabs my arm right before that scene and says "this is it! comming up! tit shot! she's gonna be wet! look, it's starting to rain!"

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  10:54:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow.......that's pretty pathetic.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  10:56:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
sure is.

Even the tubby coat wearing mother fuckers got tits.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  01:38:16 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just saw Dunst's nippl...I mean I just saw SpiderMan.

I liked it. It was good, what more can one say. I wish they had him beating the hell out of that bastard in his highschool some more, and slow mo's of dodging his punches and whatnot. But it was a cool movie. But at the end, when he tells MJ that he can only be her friend...she'd just think he was gay. You can tell by his voice that his balls haven't even dropped yet.

But the nipple scene...overrated. Too momentary. I'd still hit it like it was my job, tho.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  01:51:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
But it's not your job. So you can't hit it.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  01:53:57 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've always been fond of volunteer work.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  03:10:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You know her younger brother goes to my old high school.....

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  06:29:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Wow.......that's pretty pathetic.

How so? He said it in a joking matter, and use a nerdy voice, it was funny, and got a it got a chuckle from my bro.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  8:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh.......well the way you worded it sounded like he was very serious and his life was leading up to that point.........kind of like those Star Wars people who sleep on the street for three days to see the new movie.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  9:03:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I resent that... I am in the street waiting for tickets right now.
-J

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  9:08:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I resent that... I am in the street waiting for tickets right now.
-J

You can be online and in the street at the same time? I'm impressed!

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  9:13:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I guess Silky's really got connections!!.......I know....bad joke.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  9:14:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Like I said before...

Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  02:56:44 AM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did anyone know that the movie was suppose to be released a long TIMe ago, but after Sept.11 they had to cut out a big scene where a helicopter gets stuck in a web between the Twin Towers??

Dark Clouds May Hang On Me Sometimes But I'll Work It Out.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  08:51:24 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I heard that.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  10:11:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I wish they had him beating the hell out of that bastard in his highschool some more
-what-

Nah Peter Parker and Flash Thompson get to be good friends later in the series.

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  12:54:22 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's cool. Either way, he should have done the Matrix-y fight stuff longer. It was extraordinarily cool.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  3:45:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I did hear that about the twin towers... allthough I actually heard it was a plane that he caught with a web. Either way, it sounds very cool and I hope they'll include it as a deleted scene when the DVD comes out.
-J

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  11:01:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And of course, Peter and Mary Jane get married, live happily, then have a daughter, who wears an extra suit of Peters and becomes Spider Girl. Together they fight the Green Goblin. (who pops up again throughout the entire series)

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  11:05:59 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So how many movies are we projecting here? About three or what? The second one is obvious. A third too? Or more?

Am I full of questions tonight?

What do you think?

-what-
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  11:12:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who do you think the villain will be in the second???????

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2002 :  3:48:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

So how many movies are we projecting here? About three or what? The second one is obvious. A third too? Or more?

Am I full of questions tonight?

What do you think?

What?

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2002 :  2:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Who do you think the villain will be in the second???????

I think the way the left off the first one they'll have to have Harry Osbourn turn into the 2nd Green Goblin and go after Spidey again. Thats just my guess though. I just hope they don't pull a batman and start adding 2 villians at a time, thats just uneccessary.

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2002 :  4:05:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your right, a second Green Goblin would be good to pick up the story, but I didnt like the robotic appearance of the suit, looked pretty lame.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2002 :  10:22:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Finally saw it on Sunday... it was great.

Also saw Unfaithful too... it sucked.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2002 :  02:15:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I just hope they don't pull a batman and start adding 2 villians at a time, thats just uneccessary.

I'm totally with you on that one Isaac! (Unless, of course, there was a Spiderman comic issue where two villains did get together and wreak havoc... did that happen?)

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2002 :  3:37:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You've got a good point tericee, there was that whole legue of villians headed up by Doctor Octopus, fuck I can't think of what they were called tho...

Still I think they should develope the characters separatly before bringing them together.

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2002 :  7:46:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Sinister Six? I'm pretty sure that was the name Isaac.

Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2002 :  8:40:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah! You da man HTC.

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2002 :  06:33:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only people I remember in it where Electro, Chamelon (I think), Mysterio, and Doc.Octopus. I even think Vulture was in it too, but i'll check up on it later.

Go to Top of Page

joemoe
Try A Little Harder

77 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2002 :  08:56:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YES! I was finally able to see the movie, damn it's good! I cant wait for the second one. I hope the villian will be Doc.Octopus. He was always my favorite.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  7:49:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Still haven't seen it, but Eura tells me it is GREAT!! I am hoping to get to see it this week while in Santa Fe. I also noticed NEKAD's comment about Spiderman being the first comic book movie "done right" and wondered what he thought about "Spawn". I was a huge Spawn fan and thought the movie was done quite well. There was another one from way back in my youth that I really loved called Doc Savage. It was quite campy like the original Batman movie from the 60s which I also loved. I sometimes think people expect to much from movie adaptions of comic books. I think we need to remember they are comic books and with that they should have an element of fantasy and stay true to the original comics. I also thought Xmen was a pretty good movie, it seemed a little shallow plot wise to me, but a good beginning for a possible series of films. The problem with the first film in most of these cases is that the filmmakers have to assume not all audience members are familiar with the characters and such. They have to spend TIMe explaining and introducing characters for the non-comic book fans, setting up the movie. Now that people are more familiar with the Xmen characters, I think future movies could spend more TIMe on plot and less on explaining characters and character relationships. For those of us familiar with the characters from the comics tend to view the movie as shallow since we already know all the stuff they are laying out.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2002 :  04:14:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just saw it. I think it was pretty good but not great. The transfer from him learning his new abilities to mastering them happened way too quickly. One minute he's trying to figure out how to release his webs, next he's traveling around town with ease. Also the part where MJ says she loves Peter was too pathetic for me. But I would have to say that the editor was the best character.

Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2002 :  11:52:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah the guy they got to play Jamison was freakin' great, I thought Toby Maguire was great too, good casting all around.

Isaac
----------------------------------------

"The dark side I sense in you"
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2002 :  7:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine thought that it would have been cooler having Peter make the web launcher. I was actually surprised when they shot from his wrist like that naturally.

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2002 :  7:47:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the comic book the web thing was something he invented, right? I thought that was different in the movie, but I couldn't remember.

No one understands me.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2002 :  8:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think that among the superhuman senses, strength, and the ability to climb walls, they decided it might stretch the bounds of reality and believability to have him be THAT science/engineering capable to be able to build a device like that. Because, let's face it... if that were possible in real life, they'd be in every store by now and we'd all say "Screw Segway... I've got my web-slinger."
-J

Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2002 :  11:55:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the reason they had the built in webshooters is partially because they were pressed for time and having him develope those web shooters was just fat to be trimmed and partially because having the natural web shooters added to the whole comming of age theme and enabled the entire cafateria scene and the resulting fight with Flash.

I don't think anyoen would have a problem with the realism had they added Parker inventing them, its a movie about a kid getting bit by a spider and turning into a super hero for christ sake, if your that sensative about realism ya wouldn't be at Spiderman.

I definatly agree that web shooters would be far superior to that segway shit though hehe, though Imagine how sucky it'd be having webslinger traffic on your way to work hehe.

Isaac
----------------------------------------

"The dark side I sense in you"
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2002 :  9:22:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Imagine how sucky it'd be having webslinger traffic on your way to work hehe.

....OUCH!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000