Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 SG?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalin
Is Anybody Here?

31 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2001 :  12:15:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Dalin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What's "SG"? I heard Tim is using it, but I don't know what it is.

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2001 :  3:09:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was assuming it was the brand of the 12 string barritone he got. Anyone wanna confrim or deny that?

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2001 :  4:34:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's the Gibson SG. I don't know myself exactly what model he uses, but here's some info:

http://www.gibson.com/products/gibson/Sg/SGStandard.html

Go to Top of Page

jsoldo
Administrator

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2001 :  5:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsoldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
actually its the Gibson SG Gothic:

http://www.gibson.com/products/gibson/Limited/GothicSG.html

peace
jon

Timmah!
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2001 :  6:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Gibson Gothic SG and a Villette 12 string Baritone and of course the 2 Martins(6 & 12 strings)

Peace & Keep the Faith Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2001 :  11:58:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Badass. I can't wait to hear them, especially the Veillette. I remember I first read about that guitar around four years ago in Guitar Shop magazine(only guitar magazine I really ever liked and then they had to go and cancel it ). Always wondered what it sounded like and there's no one else I'd rather hear play it!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2001 :  04:39:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tim went into his local music store to pick up his Les Paul(I think) which he was having fixed and he was looking at the Veillette and his friend there told him whatever you do don't put it on and try it out cause you will have to buy it, and sure enuf, HE DID and HE DID!

Peace & Keep the Faith Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Dave S
Chatterbox

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2001 :  10:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Dave S an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh come on we are all supposedly guitar afficionados here and it took that long to figure out what an SG was? that should be common lingo for yall =D

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2001 :  10:48:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey now, first couple people might not have known, but I was familiar with the SG,... just didn't know what kind he was using. Then again maybe you weren't talking about me anyway. Then again, it's still badass. Then again, I digress....

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2001 :  07:00:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We were all kinda shocked that a bunch of guitar players would need SG explained as well. We just decided everyone must be more acoustic players than electric players. Must admit it kinda of surprised us.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2001 :  09:07:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Accronyms (sp) are a lazy tool of a weak mind! ;-)

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2001 :  5:57:03 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I knew Angus Young from AC/DC plays an SG..and Kim Thayil from Soundgarden plays an SG (but it may be a Guild) hehe, but by the time I saw the post, the question was answered lol

What kind of pickups does Tim have in the SG, are they the Classic 490s, or did he get different ones put in?

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

Dave S
Chatterbox

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2001 :  12:51:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Dave S an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Angus Young!!!! Now he is a fucking BADASS! (not nearly as much of a badass as TIM though)

This summer while in Switzerland around 1:30 in the morning AC/DCs Thunderstruck video came on the tv, i was in heaven, who else can pull off that little hop thing he does while playing his axe.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2001 :  08:19:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
He got whatever comes in the Gothic model stock. He made no changes to it. He uses the Yamaha DG Stomp pedal. He loves the recreations of Amp sounds it has. He says you can't tell the difference. He was so excited when he heard the way the Marshall stack setting sounded. Now he can travel with a Marshall stack for his SG and you can carry it in 1 hand. Whoo HOO!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2001 :  6:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Those Gothic Series guitars From Gibson are cool. I have a Gothic Series Les Paul myself, and I love the damn thing. I had it modified with EMG pickups, and thats why I was just wonderin if Tim had different ones put in his.

That DG Stomp pedal is cool. I was looking at it on Musiciansfriend.com looks like it does a lot. that's cool that the Amp sounds sound authentic, a lot of so called Amp modelers sound like crap when you put them through a PA or a guitar amp. I have a Zoom GFX-707 that is supposed to have an amp modeler...but I can't stand the sounds the thing puts out in the amp modeler mode.

Anyway...I'm rambling on as usual...

Adam

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2001 :  08:09:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thats the same thing Tim said. He was so happy when he discovered how beautifully the Yamaha recreates the amp sounds. He swears it is next to impossible to tell the difference. If there is anyones ears I trust in this matter is Tim. By the way, Tim uses Musicians Friend as well. He does it all mailorder as he is just not a computer kinda guy.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2001 :  01:14:28 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's cool that Tim uses Musicians Friend. They have great prices on tons of stuff. I honestly have never ordered online from them, I always go mail order too LOL. But that's mostly because I don't have a credit card. :)

Adam

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  12:33:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This one's for you Baba
SG
SG
SG

EVERGREEN 143