TRelated Topics
 All of TIM's Guitars.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  09:58:22 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm wondering about what all kinds of guitars TIM actually has. Here are the ones so far:

Gibson Gothic SG
Martin D-35 ('93) <-I think that's the '93...
Martin D-35 ('96)
Martin D-12 28 12 string
Les Paul Custom Black
Les Paul Custom Goldtop
Les Paul Standard
Ibanez Ax 7 string
12 String Baritone
Fender Telecaster
'64 Gibson J50 acoustic
'68 Yamaha FG230 acoustic 12 string

I'm not sure what the Les Paul Standard looks like, so I'm not sure if it's one of the other two LPs or not...I know he has three, I'm just not sure if the pic's right for them.

-What-

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  11:46:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What about that electric he played at the DMB shows? Was that the Les Paul Custom Black? I can't remember.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  2:37:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
He was definitely playing a black LP custom in the Chicago video.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  4:41:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thats why it looks so werid, 7 strings...

the man has good taste in guitars, u can say that much.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  6:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think this will be the kind of thing that Fluffy will have to ask Tim directly... who knows what kind of fun things he has lurking around his house that he doesn't tour with.
-J

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  6:32:13 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well then...

Fluffy, can you find out what TIM's personal guitar collection includes? I would love to know every single gutiar that he has, because I'm interested.

-What-
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2002 :  12:33:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thats cool
I have that same exact Ibanez 7 string, except mines like a purple color

-Dave
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  11:43:29 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I also just added a Les Paul Standard. TIM himself references this guitar. I believe he said it was used on the Puke Matrix tour..

No pics tho...we'll see...

-What-
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  12:41:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok send the Guitars too, Joe riggs Madison Indiana, ill send em back when im done, thanks for your cooperation

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  5:08:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Jason, TR says your list pretty complete, the only things you are missing in his personal collection are the following 2:

1)'64 Gibson J50 acoustic
2)'68 Yamaha FG230(if he remembers the # correctly)acoustic 12 string

The second one is a guitar Diane discovered and pointed it out to TR and TIM looked at it and laughed because apparently the neck was all bent, but he picked it up and played it and rest is history. TIM attributes this guitar as starting his interest with playing acoustic. He says it sounds just as good as a Martin and he still has it. His first acoustic geetar.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  6:21:50 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is the yamaha acoustic the same one I had already mentioned, or are there two yamaha acoustics?

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  07:03:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I will have to ask him. The one he is using on tour now I am pretty sure is a Yamaha, but it is a 6 string so it is definitely different than the one he mentioned. I showed him your list at the top and he verified all.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2002 :  01:52:15 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've took pictures of the Tele and Yamaha if you want to add them to your list.

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2002 :  7:40:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure if you can give me a link to them, I'll edit that post.

I'm schizophrenic. And so am I. am I. am I. am I.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2002 :  9:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
tele...

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2002 :  9:18:56 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I dont have a very clear one of TR playing the yamaha, but here is one of both....

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2002 :  11:33:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pretty pretty....

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2002 :  03:20:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dunno...as much as I'd like to like the tele (since I'd be prone to liking it because TIM plays it), I just can't bring myself to liking them. I just really think they are ugly.

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2002 :  11:39:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bad Side we agree there, I hate Tele's. always have. Too Hee-Haw looking or somthing for me...

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  2:48:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hahaha! Great way to describe it! I never liked them much, either...Whenever I see one, I always think of cheap ass pop punk nbands ( i shall NOT mention names). Ishould probably be thinking about Hendrix and Tim, but NO!

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  7:11:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Somthing traumatic must of happened at childhood, scarring that guitar in our mind for life.

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  8:30:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I saw my dad beat my mom with that guitar.......that's why I don't like it.

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  10:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think for a brief moment, i stopped on CMT as a child, caught a glimse of Alan Jackson with a Tele, yodeling somthing about a Hoochie Coochie, and that was it for me. No longed liked Country music or Telecasters.

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2002 :  7:56:56 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Kevin, is that Yamaha the one I've already got listed? Because I've it listed as a 12 string, which I'm pretty sure the one in your pic isn't...so do I need to add another guitar, or just link the picture, I can't tell...
Go to Top of Page

Andrew Craig
Is Anybody Here?

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2002 :  11:29:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Andrew Craig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would like to comment on the list of guitars. Tim has excellent taste in guitars and always has. I myself own 12 guitars. and my most recent guitar i worked on is actually a very special 1952 reissue FENDER TELKCASTER that i hand built from all fender parts and in fact i even put a REAL ORIGINAL NON REISSUE 1952 BRIDGE PICKUP IN IT that cost as much as the guitar itself which i got off of ebay. Now i feel terrible that PCBDMB's dad beat his mom with a TELECASTER and i can see why obviously that the sight of that guitar would be disturbing to him but i have a strong love for Telecasters and it takes a certain kind of player to weild a STOCK Tele and Tim's is highly modified. Yes, it is quite "hee-haw" like because the great Buck Owens was on that show and that man whether u all like country music or not could really sing and play. Whether u like the music or not TALENT IS TALENT. I really dig the honk tone that Teles produce myself and people as far out as Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders and Keith Richards, and Joe Strummer of the Clash which are the furthest thing from country u can get play them. Also the fact is that the Telecaster is THE ORIGINAL AND FIRST SOLIDBODY GUITAR DESIGN EVER BUILT INTRODUCED BY LEO FENDER IN 1948 AS THE BROADCASTER. SO IF IT WERENT FOR THAT DESIGN WE REALLY WOULDNT HAVE SUBSEQUENT SOLIDBODY ELECTRIC GUITAR DESIGNS. I THINK THATS POINT MADE! my websites:
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/402/subconscious_social_experi.html
http://subconscious_soc_exp.tripod.com

signed,
Andrew Craig
Go to Top of Page

Andrew Craig
Is Anybody Here?

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2002 :  12:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Andrew Craig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Me again, i just now read in the post that several members of Secrets (Carter Beauford's old band prior to DMB) are now associated with Trisha Yearwood and Clint Black and isnt that funny doesnt that confirm my entire point??????? SPEAK OF THE DEVIL!!!!! LOL WHATS THE MATTER WITH U PEOPLE??????

my websites are as follows, please check them out:
signed,
Andrew Craig
Go to Top of Page

Andrew Craig
Is Anybody Here?

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2002 :  12:18:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Andrew Craig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
this is a direct quote from the thread called "back in the day" (see the list to read all of it) but this just proves how musically closed minded u all are compared to ur heroes!!!!!!

"One night, probably in 1987, TR3 brought a Richmond-based band named Secrets with them to play a set. I quickly became a Secrets fanatic, hearing them play their unique jazz/fusion in many venues throughout Virginia. Tim would sometimes sit in with them along with trumpeter John D'earth and other great local musicians. I was really bummed when their drummer left Secrets and ended up with another new Charlottesville band. I thought he'd made a big mistake, little did I know. But Carter Beauford has done pretty well with the Dave Matthews Band since then. Secrets broke up a few years later but keyboardist Butch Taylor from Secrets is currently touring with DMB now. Keith Horn is one of the finest bass players in Nashville (last I heard he was with Trisha Yearwood), Dane Bryant became the keyboardist for Clint Black."

signed,
Andrew Craig
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2002 :  02:25:21 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
whether u all like country music or not could really sing and play. Whether u like the music or not TALENT IS TALENT.

Neither of which, of course, actually pertain all that much to the guitar on which he was working his mastery.

quote:
THE ORIGINAL AND FIRST SOLIDBODY GUITAR DESIGN EVER BUILT INTRODUCED BY LEO FENDER IN 1948 AS THE BROADCASTER. SO IF IT WERENT FOR THAT DESIGN WE REALLY WOULDNT HAVE SUBSEQUENT SOLIDBODY ELECTRIC GUITAR DESIGNS.

You're right in that subsequent solidbody electrics wouldn't have taken so long to get beautiful like the Gibson SG Gothic. If they hadn't started so ugly, ie the Telecaster, then we could have had these other beautiful guitars much, much sooner.

quote:
WHATS THE MATTER WITH U PEOPLE?

Plenty.

quote:
doesnt that confirm my entire point?

You may have taken guitar lessons from TIM Reynolds, but that in itself does not earn you any respect or awe from me to you. I for one do not see your point. At all.

quote:
this just proves how musically closed minded u all are compared to ur heroes!

And finally, I don't see at all how that quote proves how musically closed minded we all are compared to our musical heroes. In fact, if I were arguing with you, and my point was opposite of yours, then I'd feel comfortable using that quote to back myself.

Here's what it says to me: "TR3" "Secrets" "I quickly became a Secrets fanatic" "jazz/fusion" "and other great local musicians" "Keith Horn" "bass" "Trisha Yearwood" "keyboardist" "Clint Black".

That's a lot of music. Lots of different music.

I agree that TIM has excellent taste in guitars. That much anyone here can see. But I do not see how you can turn that into bashing us for not liking your favorite and most prized guitar. Considering how closed minded we (apparently) are, and knowing that we all care for TIM's music as we do, you should commend us for remaining objective and being able to say that we don't like something our favorite musician uses.

Maybe I just don't understand what you're saying. I have no doubt that there are talented musicians playing every sort of music. I just don't like some of their music. AND, I don't like Telecasters. And since I feel strongly that the instruments you choose reflect a great deal on your personality, I'm liking the people who play Telecasters less and less as the day goes on.

Peace, and spread the Gibson SG Gothics.

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2002 :  02:56:05 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Andrew, I'd like to say that I'm not trying to be mean in what I say. I just don't see what you are saying, and I'd like to understand better.

Just want to make sure that you know there are no hard feelings, ok?

Andrew Craig
Is Anybody Here?

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2002 :  4:44:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Andrew Craig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok look man, understand the first thing and that is that this is a message board im not here to hate. im here to express an OPINION PURELY and im sorry if it seemed like i was trying to bash a large group of people and that in itself is wrong. It is perfectly in ur right dislike anything u want ANY OF U. What i am saying is that its hard for me to understand how a group of u one minute can dislike something just because its associated with country music even though its associated with Tim then in another post u like something even though its associated with country music and bluegrass such as the mandolin BECAUSE ITS ASSOCIATED with TIM and then in another post i read that various members of a former band of a musician associated with TIM ARE ASSOCIATED WITH COUNTRY MUSIC????? now think about that several times please and tell me if that makes any sense i mean i see an element of hypocrisy here but its not aimed at any one of u in particular. THIS IS NOT INTENDED AS A PERSONAL AFFRONT!!!
and FYI though i do love my Telecaster its not my most favorite necessarily out of my 12 guitars. Im just open minded enough to love many many kinds of music allowing for a broad appreciation of many diff kinds of guitars as well and according to alot of the people u listen to musically SO ARE THEY. And in my opinion this is the common mentality among many other high quality MUSICIANS, read an interview with Trey Anastasio of PHISH. As a prime example. Like for example Jerry Garcia played the pedal steel guitar and opened up the Deadheads to a country instrument like that why cant the Telecaster be accepted? see what i mean i could provide a million examples. IM JUST SAYING A TRUE MUSICIAN ISNT LIMITED IN SCOPE. Because that makes ur music that much less predictable.

signed,
Andrew Craig
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2002 :  6:48:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
anyone know what type of classical tim has been using for the last tour durring the one or two acoustic numbers he'll do?

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com

Stay Tuned For The New Tim Site....
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2002 :  11:42:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Andrew, it's nice to see an experienced musician stop around these parts, and I hope you'll stick around. But try not to mistake the jokings around of a bunch of likeminded young adults as being hypocritical bastardizations of the laws of 'true musicians.' I agree with Jason in that it sounds like you are saying that you MUST like every form of music to be a true musician like TR. But I'm guessing that that's not what you're saying, and you just mean to have an open mind when listening to whatever it is that you're listening to. But then I think you misunderstood Jason in thinking that he was close-minded, when what he was really trying to say was that he keeps an open mind, but some things just don't float his boat. I think he also feels like you were putting him down, either directly or indirectly, for having those preferences or dislikes.

As for the bandwagon thing, that's just something of a dynamic that we have here that I guess you haven't picked up on yet... and it's has nothing to do with trying to 'fit in.' There is good reason that most of the people that post here regularly keep coming back, and it's not to jump on a bandwagon. It's because just like friends that we see everyday, it's possible to have friends that we don't actually see at all. Based on that premise, pretty much by mandate of the nature of those kinds of interactions you are going to have people that have a lot in common. It's kind of like the theory of evolution... the people that come and don't share the same tastes or the same sense of humor tend to get weeded out, leaving only the like --namely, us-- to dwell in this particular spot. So in that sense, you can see why when one person doesn't care for something, the likelihood that others here share the sentiment is MUCH greater than in a 'general population.' So, as diverse as we may be, and we are, we know we share at the very least, similar taste in music... and because most of us do play a musical instrument, we are likely to share opinions on those as well. So when someone says that the tele looks to hee-haw'ish for their taste... take it for what it is... a joke poking fun at a hillbilly'ish show. And we all do appreciate talent in any genre, but like Jason said, you don't have to LIKE it to appreciate it. But then again, what do I know... I sell prostitutes for a living.
-J

quote:
You're right in that subsequent solidbody electrics wouldn't have taken so long to get beautiful like the Gibson SG Gothic. If they hadn't started so ugly, ie the Telecaster, then we could have had these other beautiful guitars much, much sooner.

By the way... that was HYSTERICAL!

Go to Top of Page

Andrew Craig
Is Anybody Here?

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2002 :  01:50:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Andrew Craig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think that that is the last word! U deserve last word I tested u and u answered beautifully. I thoroughly respect and accept your response to my opinion! I respect ur experiences, I respect the person that those experiences has made each and every one of u the way u are. Its not that i cant respect other peoples opinions and shared feelings. I dont want u to think that. If anything i was trying to jumble this place up with my own obsessive compulsive perhaps even radical opinions on music. Basically i was just looking for someone who had a good answer because after all this subject AND MESSAGE BOARD IN PARTICULAR after all is for INTELLECTUAL STIMULATION isnt it? KUDOS! i knew one of ya had it in ya
u just earned my respect and the fact is that since one of u did ALL OF U DID! nuff said huh! You see when u realize that OPINION IS OPINION U ALSO REALIZE THAT ITS NOT A QUESTION OF RIGHT AND WRONG its a matter of making OTHER people rexamine their OWN opinion!!! I jusr enjoy using the power of suggestion to make people think!!!! LOL! AGAIN, BRAVO! i see intelligence here!!!!

signed,
Andrew Craig
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2002 :  02:35:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

u just earned my respect

You didn't have respect for us before?..........j/k

"Always follow your heart, but use your brain." - My dad
Go to Top of Page

captain_napkins
Is Anybody Here?

31 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2002 :  7:04:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmm...not to fan flames and say stuff i shouldn't, but i truly don't understand any real advantages of the telecaster over the stratocaster, or any other guitar at that. i just think the telecaster looks fairly uglier than the rest of the bunch..if someone could explain, i would be quite content shutting up about it. thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Andrew Craig
Is Anybody Here?

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  01:01:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Andrew Craig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
personal taste!!!! not that i didnt know that it was a matter of that before but i just wanted to see what kind of responses id get to my opinion and ys u had my respect but i wanted to see what ur minds were made of and i got my answer! THANK YOU! IM HAPPY NOW LOL!!!

signed,
Andrew Craig
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  04:57:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well the 57 reissue Les Paul Goldtop made a limited appearance on this tour. TR brought it and used it for the first couple of gigs until he remembered why he didn't use it on the road. He says it just doesn't want to stay in tune. Great for the studio but not so good for the live setting. Just so everyone knows, TR brought out the Martin 6 string for this tour not the Yamaha like on the last tour. When I inquired about the reason, TR said he could hit the strings harder on the Martin than on the nylon stringed Yamaha. Same guitar setup as the last tour, same guitars as last tour except for the exceptions mentioned above. Hopefully the Goldtop will make a few more appearances, it sounds sweet when it is in tune. It actually hasn't even made it out of the case since the 2nd show. It is basically along as a back up at this point. That's if from me for now, I will flood the board with more useless info when I have somthing.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  05:35:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey pcbdmb, was your mom married to Keith Richards? I just finished reading an article in Blender Sept 02 p.94

quote:
#19 Invaluable Tip #2: How to Hit Someone Upside the Head With an Electic Guitar. "Do it quickly, before they have a chance to respond," he suggests. "The guitar is perfectly made for it."

As Andrew pointed out, Keith is a tele user, among other things!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  4:19:05 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've never been concerned with how a guitar looks, but more so how it sounds. I personally don't care for either Stratocasters or Telecasters, but that is because the SOUND is a bit too twangy for me, and my personal music that I play and write. However, I love Buddy Guy, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Clapton, Hendrix, etc... who all played both Strats and Teles, and I love their sounds. I actually wanted to start a blues band a while back, and looked for a Strat to play in it, but my musical tastes changed before I actually bought it. Well I pretty much already covered this in another post, so I'm just post whoring now.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  5:01:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey pcbdmb, was your mom married to Keith Richards?

Damn! My secret's out!

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  5:15:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn those are all nice guitars!

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  7:38:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am not sure I made it clear, Invaluable Tip #2 is a quote from Keith Richards in Blender magazine.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

captain_napkins
Is Anybody Here?

31 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2002 :  12:54:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
post five! i just noticed that Fluffy has about 4110 posts. just want you to know fluffy, i'm on my way to the top! hmm does tim ever post here? and does tim have a favorite song that he's written? oh, and does he sing and write words? i think that's enough questions for post 5. be ready for many more, and be sure to congratulate me on 5!

sean
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2002 :  03:03:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As with anyones fave song at any given moment it changes often. At the moment his favorite is his newest song, Face-Off. Face-off, which may end up being called FaceLift, but since he already has a song called Lift, more likely Face-Off. Anyway, Face-Off grew out of Pet Rock which has been dropped from the set. TR was working on Pet Rock for the tour and it just wasn't coming together the way he wanted. He had been working on programming all the parts for the songs he would be performing on the ChaosView tour so he really hadn't been concentrating on new stuff. That day he decided he wasn't happy with Pet Rock and started goofing with the drum machine and happened upon a drum pattern he was very excited about. He began working with it and later that day had created Face-Off. He called me up later that day and I had not heard him that excited about something in quite awhile. I had heard him excited but he was ecstatic about the new song. He has really been wailing it on this tour.

TR has not posted here, but he does apparently stop by and browse apparently. He has made comments that lead me to believe that he has been by and seen particular posts like when I read him the posts from his past student Andrew. I also asked him about the rodeopicking post and he said, "Oh yeah, I kinda saw that one." Anyway, it has been discussed many TIMes, TR is NOT very computer literate. He doesn't really like using it and it takes him SOOOO long to do anything. It is hard to get him excited about getting on the board. I try to ask him questions for folks when I can and pass on the answers. So he contributes indirectly thru me. Sometimes my comments are more my impressions than his answers but I am always quick to point out that the comments are just my impressions or his actual answer. I would never claim to speak for him.

Yes he sings and writes words. I should clarify that statement. He sings and writes words for some of his electric stuff. The following CD's have examples of his lyrics and vocal prowess: Sanctuary, Astral Projection, and Live Puke Matrix.

For more on TR's unique vocal style, see these 2 posts with more detailed explanations of what led to TR's unique vocal style:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1478

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2087

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2002 :  03:20:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Don't forget his work with TR3. Light Up Ahead!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2002 :  04:11:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
He does have vocals on some of his earlier TR3 releases as well as pcbdmb pointed out. Although on a few of them he shares the vocal responsibilities with other members of the group.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000