What guitar do you play?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chatterballs
Chatterbox

117 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  04:22:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A cliche post that has probably been done before...but I don't care what kind of a guitar do you play? Post pics if you can...stripped down...no strings...(drools)...hint: read curtesy (sic) flush post.

I'll start off, Ibanez RG series on the electric side and Ovation celebrity on the acoustic...

--------------------
I once saw a movie where this bus had to keep its SPEED above 50 and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode...I think it was called, the bus that couldn't slow down.

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  04:29:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I play the choice of closet guitar players everywhere:

AIR GUITAR!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  04:32:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Rew chooses the lovely upside-down cross model:

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

chatterballs
Chatterbox

117 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  04:40:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice with the upside down cross. That's just...beautiful.

--------------------
I once saw a movie where this bus had to keep its SPEED above 50 and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode...I think it was called, the bus that couldn't slow down.
Go to Top of Page

chatterballs
Chatterbox

117 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  04:44:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My newest, which I'm about to purchase, is this baby:

The Peavey EVH Wolfgang...I'm getting all woozy.

--------------------
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  04:54:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You stupid piece of shit! All I have is two acoustics....nothing special really....

But the main thread of this is here....
http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1024

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  05:04:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This is the best pic I could find of my 6 string........but I couldn't find one of my 12-string......d'oh well.....

This is a D8.....I have a D12.....so mine looks better!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  05:41:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I almost bought this weird guitar until I found out it takes 3 people to carry it.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  06:45:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Now THAT is kewl!

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  11:28:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i play a sigma acoustic, a silvertone 5-string bass, a kent banjo, a Meyer upright bass, and a cheap electric ibanez guitar.

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  11:57:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

and....

... except that's a Standard and mine is actually a U.S. standard

and the amps...

and...

...except mine is tweed.
Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  12:01:31 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
fender 12 string hybrid, epiphone 6 string hybrid, gibson gothic les paul studio. no pictures. sorry. they steal your soul.

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  12:13:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here's mine ... TIM is playing it in the pic, how cool is that?

-----------
Trade my life for a barrel of gold.
Find someone else before I get too old.
If I live my life for aesthetic gain,
will you repay me with all your pain?
Go to Top of Page

chatterballs
Chatterbox

117 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  12:14:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, here's my amp:

--------------------
Go to Top of Page

chatterballs
Chatterbox

117 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  12:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My friend got his guitar signed by Tim and asked Mr. Reynolds to play something on it, and Tim just haphazardly struck a string like he didn't even care, didn't even touch the neck. What up with that huh?

--------------------
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  12:29:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
The Peavey EVH Wolfgang...I'm getting all woozy

those guitars are awsome, total shredding guitars.

heres my luandry list of guitars

mine is black however

mine is sunburst red

also got some more acoustics back home, a classical, anotherone that i dont even remember what it is and a tenor acoustic as well.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  12:53:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, I still have my little Yamaha acoustic ^_^ The e string has been replaced twice, and the whole things still kicking, sounding good.

Go to Top of Page

chatterballs
Chatterbox

117 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  1:13:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to just pretend I'm totally broke, get a totally cheap guitar, and have just the 3 bass strings on it. I'd play on the street and earn dollars, quarters, and dimes.

--------------------
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  5:00:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here's my shite:

This is similar to my `95 Rockwood Curbow custom 5-string, but mine isn't purple, it's more redish like rosewood.

My Fender P-Bass Lyte 4-string

My Yamaha fretless 4-string

My Washburn acoustic normal guitar

My amp

My speaker cabs

And last, but certainly not least, my most prized possesion:

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  5:57:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's not fair....it's not fair!! Why does everyone else get good toys?!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  7:27:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote

This one signed by TR and Greg Howard... I hope to get more signatures soon.

This guy with a built in amp.

This little practice amp.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  8:46:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
damn, here i am with all this cheap shit, and everyone else is amazing me with custom expensive stuff. Man if had half of what you all have...(salavating over the floor now)

Go to Top of Page

chatterballs
Chatterbox

117 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  03:19:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dude, we pay large amounts of money for our crap...for us, it's like, "Will I have money and play a $200 guitar, or will I have awesome gear and be so broke I have to ask my girlfriend for money and when she doesn't give me any I have to ask my parents and then my grandparents and then friends and then tell distant relatives I need money for a liver transplant? But the sweet tone is worth it.

--------------------
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  03:38:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
It's not fair....it's not fair!! Why does everyone else get good toys?!

hmm, odd that this came right after the tuner pic.

and since we are going into detail about our set up allow me to bable...

not my pic... just one i found.
4 12 inch speakers along w/ the head above.

a squire champ practice amp... and my newest purchase
http://img.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/21/219005.jpg
but i didnt get a tape. :(

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  05:15:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
chatterballs asked:
quote:
My friend got his guitar signed by Tim and asked Mr. Reynolds to play something on it, and Tim just haphazardly struck a string like he didn't even care, didn't even touch the neck. What up with that huh?

Well again, let me state, I am not inside TR's head but from our conversations about that kind of stuff, it really does take alot of concern for the fans to come out and sign stuff night after night after a performance. After a show TR is usually quite spent. It is a very emotional performance he gives and can be quite draining. The reason for the delay in him coming out is his fingers are in a state of limbo after a show.(as you can imagine) I think you kind of have to look at it like you were at work doing whatever you do and then you finally get off work and someone comes up and asks you to keep working. Seems to me if I were in TR's shoes, the last thing I would want to do after doing a 90min+ set is pick up and play a guitar. I don't think it was a personal attack of any kind. The way he struck the string was meant to be more of a funny gesture than a blow-off. Dave's(BlackLotus)guitar just happened to be in the dressing room before the show and TR liked the way it looked. We had been talking about it(because it was PURPLE) and he just kind of picked it up and started fooling around on it to show Peter Prince something. It's kinda like the performing monkey syndrome. Play monkey boy, play! Do that trick you do! I don't think anyone likes to get put on the spot like that, especially after just having finished playing a show. TR was not trying to be rude, it is just an awkward request at that time. So I hope you and your friend did not take it personally. It certainly wasn't intended that way. Try putting yourself in TR's shoes after a show, I would imagine the last thing you want to do after a performance is play the guitar. It is late and you just want to get back to the hotel and try to get a little sleep b4 the inevitable long drive to the next time you HAVE to play guitar. If there is one thing about TR that we all know, it is that he plays guitar on HIS terms, his way and we should respect that. Hope this answers your question somewhat.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  2:03:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
werd.

this page must suck for those on dial up, kudos to those who let it all load.

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  2:32:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2002 :  12:43:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
In kevin mcdonald voice 'EVIL!'

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2002 :  09:34:32 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
..so Eevil, you would say he's Evil, like the FRuits of the DEVil?

-What-
Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2002 :  2:41:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Come let us dance like children of the night! Expand contrast expand contrast...

Anyway I totally splooged my tax returns this year on a sexy new guitar, check this shit out!

Damn them canucks know how to make their 12 strings.

3----------------------->

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  02:45:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My next purchase is gonna be a nice electric........but that won't be for some TIMe. Boo-urns.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  2:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
my other shit includes a dodvgs50 processor, a dd-3 delay pedal, slide and ebow. and an absolutely worthless crate amp that has to literally be beaten into compliance to my demands.

push becomes shove. days become months. i seem to have forgotten the warmth of the sun.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  03:36:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Chatterballs, did you ever see my response above to your question/comment?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  03:49:17 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  03:51:12 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I totally understand what you are saying about not wanting to work after just working... hell I even getted all mad when people come into the store 15 mins before closing.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  04:32:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Im thinking of getting a classical soon, anyone know of any good ones... nekad???

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  08:22:27 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm with you on getting pissy when someone comes in my store at 15 before closing. Ignoring them helps.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  10:55:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jude I can't remember the model number, but I remember I played a Yamaha a while back that wasn't all that expensive that had a GREAT tone to it. It was only around $500-$600'ish... had a cutaway and electronics in it. Granted I have to be honest, my ears aren't quite as keen to the subtle differences between nylon models as they are to steel strings... but to me this guitar sounded every bit as good as other ones that I was playing for a thousand dollars more. Also, if you are going to mainly be playing plugged in, don't forget the original Gibson Chet Atkins... it's the same guitar as the SST but a classical version.
-J

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  12:51:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just noticed that on this thread is the last post by my bad side, and it has it's ominous ...666... scary stuff's going on!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

chatterballs
Chatterbox

117 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  4:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's weird, vwf...like My Bad Side was just the devil getting on for a few weeks, for the sole purpose of spreading his evil, greasy doctrines...

BTW, Fluffy, I did read the response and I totally understand, it's all good. what really got me after that show was that only like 4 people stayed to get autographs and see Tim. That's weak...I felt like burning someone's house down.

--------------------
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  09:49:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Believe it or not, that works to your benefit. TR comes out quicker when there are fewer people. If there is a mob he takes his TIMe. Weeds out some of the autograph hounds and leaves the true fans. Don't be bummed, consider it your own private audience with THE MAN!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  2:50:22 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll bet we waited for an hour in Atlanta last year, and there were still probably 20 or 30 people out there...luckily someone had brought his guitar...hehe.....

But it was definately worth it. I personally would rather there only be 4 people out there. I imagine TIM would stay just as long, and so that would mean we would each get to spend more time talking and chatting with TIM, which would be good.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2002 :  6:10:14 PM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jude, I was playing the new Taylor classicals and oooooohhhh boy are those nice. The one I think sounded the best was an NS62ce which was $2100 but the NS32ce was around $1100.

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2002 :  6:26:50 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Lefty Martin D-28
Lefty Seagull S6
Lefty Gibson SG Special (black)

Here's a picture of Tim holding my guitar (the D-28) after he signed it...

---------------
Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque

"I heard Tim stopped playing with Dave when he got pregnant"
Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  02:09:01 AM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Only on this message board would you see such beautiful pictures...

*~Kaleigh~*
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000