I'm sorry......but....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  01:28:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
....I had to post this!

http://www.nancies.org/boards/showthread.php?s=33a9c4269faef54c96b8dba96f9f975a&threadid=42311

As Peter Griffin would say..."Un-freakin'-believable!"

"I do what I can with what I've got."

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  01:34:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh......my........god (falls to the floor, gripping knees to his chest and whimpering softly)

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  02:52:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't think that's anything a nice mushroom shaped bruise on the forehead won't fix.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  12:11:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
did anyone see when dave was on trl. and talked about getting high to which carson stuttered, some mummbled respons. And the dave saw a girl in the crowd that had a north carolina (i think its nc) game cocks hat on that said simply cock. and dave looks out and says to carson, hey look carson that girl has a cock on her head. shes got cock. - and carson stuttered again, o yes, um the game cocks.

carson is a tool.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2002 :  5:51:14 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
In my best Cartman voice:

Oh....My.....God.....You Guys....

You know, I don't think its that DMB fans from back in 93, 94, and 95 have gotten into Carson adn TRL type shows and music, I think its that DMB has reached a more mainstream, poppy crowd (A BIG reason I don't listen to them anymore) and THOSE people have always liked Carson and TRL and of course now Last Call.

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  06:15:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I think its that DMB has reached a more mainstream, poppy crowd
That's extactly why some people i know dont even bother to listen to them anymore. They call them sell outs and a pop band.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  11:03:49 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That's extactly why some people i know dont even bother to listen to them anymore. They call them sell outs and a pop band.

I would be one of those people you know. Though I don't call them sellouts, I just think that they lost integrity as a band in my opinion. I'll keep the DMB bashing to a minimum, because I know we have a lot of DMB fans here, and I respect everyones choice in music.

I don't think their sellouts though, i Mean, we haven't seen them pushing Pepsi or KFC..

But therew as that twix commercial.....

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  11:29:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I definitely wouldn't say sellout... especially with the pending release of the Lillywhite Sessions. They saw something the fans wanted and are acting accordingly. I think that's great.
-J

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  12:26:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

especially with the pending release of the Lillywhite Sessions.

Tell me more. I haven't heard about this.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  12:46:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Before this current tour, DMB went into the studio to re-record most of the Lillywhite Sessions and a few other songs. I remember hearing that they took a brief break from the studio work to go play at the olympics. The tentative release date for this album is supposed to be this summer... which is why I'm guessing you are seeing a lot of LS stuff in their setlists now. The first single is supposed to sound like a medium between Crush and Crash... which, in other words means... "cannot be bad." I can't wait for this album to come out... I thought the songs off of LS were FAR better than on Everyday. Anyway, that's the gist of it. :)
-J

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  12:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, ok. I thought you meant that there was an actual date or something for release.

Yeah, I liked Lillywhite way better than Everyday, too. I will say that I can dig Space Between, now, but not at first. So that's good. I don't even bother with the rest of the album, tho. I can't even tell you what songs are on it.

I'm looking forward to ... The Summer So Far ... (is that right?), too. That's great.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  12:55:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think when you compare Everyday to other bands' work... it is still a GREAT album. It's just not on par with what DMB usually puts out... but between the Chicago show and the release of this material so close afterwards, I think they are redeeming themselves and then some.
-J

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  1:36:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah lilywhite is soo much better than everyday. Even Carter didn't like Everyday, here's a link of him talking about it http://www2.bostonherald.com/entertainment/music/dmb04052002.htm

it's like FINALLY someone says something about the album!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  3:25:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Haha I remember reading the promo interviews where the band said stuff like, "This is some of the best stuff we've ever done."
-J

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  3:37:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the LWS are some of the best songs i've heard by DMB. It's up there with Before these Crowded Streets (my fav. DMB cd) But Everyday....ppppplllllleeeeeeaaaaaassssssssseeeeee.

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  7:40:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I thought Everyday had some good ideas but it was just too sweet and overproduced. Glen Ballard is great for people like Morriset and Aerosmith because that's what they sound like: Sweet poppy produced POP. It just wasn't DMB's style, and personally, If I was in DMB I would have been insulted to play exactly what Ballard and Dave wanted note for note. Being a bass player, I can here on that alot of the bass lines weren't written by Stefan cuz it doesn't sound like a bass player wrote the lines, it sounds like a piano player did. It's understandable to ask a band to play like that if it's not their project and they're just sitting in doing sessions, but this is the dave matthews BAND, not just the Glen and Dave show. That's my rant for the month.

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  9:30:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Exactly... I thought the exact same thing about some of the bass lines. I also thought the same thing about a lot of the violin work... it all sounded like something that a pianist would add in using a Korg Triton, rather than someone who actually knows their instrument.
-J

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  10:07:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard that DMB is going to produce there next cd. That true?

Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  10:42:58 AM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn dude, I've seen you people tell other people that people are entitled to their opinions (hope that makes sense) so stop bitching about those guys liking Carson Daily cause that's their OPINION, so let them have it, damn.

But don't worry, I hate that guy. And I DO NOT want DMB to be on that shit show The Last Call, or what ever it's called.

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  12:25:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only thing we won't tolerate is intolerance.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  1:11:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OH i heard from my jazz bass teacher about them doing a new album. He knows some friends of dmb, and said that the whole band, plus butch taylor was going on the road from virginia to los angeles(i think) and were gonna practice on the trip to get ready to record a new album. so apparently butch taylor will be on it(which is damned cool...) I just heard this yesterday, so it's pretty new news.

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  6:12:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright, so when can we expect the album?

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  6:59:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure the unofficial official date is July 2.
-J

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  7:01:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SWEET!

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  7:02:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[DUDE!]

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  06:34:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
THE BIG LEBOWSKI

DUDE!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  09:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or "dude where's my car?" Either way.

Go to Top of Page

chatterballs
Chatterbox

117 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  12:11:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, hate to correct you, but it's "The Dude." I dunno, that movie rules.

--------------------
I once saw a movie where this bus had to keep its SPEED above 50 and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode...I think it was called, the bus that couldn't slow down.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  5:40:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Or "dude where's my car?" Either way.

That is the worst movie in the history of terrible movies.........even worse than Spice World.

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  6:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Haha... somehow I found amusement in that movie. It won't be going up for any oscars, but once you get past the overwhelming stupidity there are a few funny scenes.
-J

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  8:50:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
spice world, i remember that movie...good movie if you just turn the volume off and stare a bit

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  01:34:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's the only way to watch that movie!

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

chatterballs
Chatterbox

117 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  03:22:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Q: How do I watch Britney Spears videos?
A:
quote:
turn the volume off and stare a bit

--------------------
I once saw a movie where this bus had to keep its SPEED above 50 and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode...I think it was called, the bus that couldn't slow down.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  04:09:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Q: How can you watch "Dude, where's my car?"

Somebody tell me a good answer cause I have no damn clue.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  04:33:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
chatterballs said:
quote:
Fluffy, hate to correct you, but it's "The Dude."

or Duder!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  04:34:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Same way you would go about it if Heidi Klum told you to eat her ass... just close your eyes, don't think about it too much, and go at it.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  04:37:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"They peed on my my carpet!!!"

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  2:20:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
SHOMER FUCKIN' SHABBAS!
-J

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000