New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

someguywithaguitar
Chatterbox

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  7:01:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
U know those two crazy guys with guitars? Man those guys can jam not like tim but defenetly better than the average joe. Im getting that cd so i can learn some stuff cause I have a guitar and I need to learn to play. And if yall know any other good guitar music thats fun to lesten to tell me!!

signed some guy

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  7:09:35 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tenacious D is some funny stuff. Yep. Sure it. I'm a big fan of Jack Black. There are some other topics here about them, so search and you can probably find out lots more.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  7:55:07 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Tenacious D's pretty good, I like that one song of their's "Tribute"(I think that's what it's called). Has any one ever seen Orange County, it seems like a funny movie, but I have my doubts cause it's from MTV, and MTV can get pretty gay in my opinion. Why do they alwase have to waist their money on stupid game shows, like Sink or Swim, and now Kidnapped, WTF is up with that? And, when they had the VMA's, they showed it like 50 times in one day for like a month . Got a little annoying.

"High above the mucky muck, Castle made of clouds, there sits Wonderboy sitting oh so proudly, not much to say, when your high above the mucky muck, yeeeeaaaahhh, Wonderboy, what is the secret of your powers, Wonderboy, won't you take me far awaay from the mucky much nooow? Now it's time to tell you about Young Nastyman, arch rival and nemises to Wonderboy, with powers conprable to Wonderboy. What powers you ask? I dunno, how about the power of flight? That do anything for ya? That's levitation, homes. How about the power to kill a Yak, from 200 yards away... with mind bullets! That's telekinesis Kyle. How 'bout the power...... to move you? (Guitar solo) Mystery of Wonderboy and Yoooung Nasyman, ah rigido rigido do, a seceret to be told, a gold chest to be bold, and blasting fourth with 3 point harmony (??) GOOO. Wonderboy, what is the seceret of your powers, Woooonderboy, won't you take me far awaaay, from the mucky muck." Tenacious D:"Wonderboy"

Hey, I'm bored, leave me alone.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  7:57:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can tell

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  8:12:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah, Tenacious D's pretty good, I like that one song of their's "Tribute"(I think that's what it's called). Has any one ever seen Orange County, it seems like a funny movie, but I have my doubts cause it's from MTV, and MTV can get pretty gay in my opinion. Why do they alwase have to waist their money on stupid game shows, like Sink or Swim, and now Kidnapped, WTF is up with that? And, when they had the VMA's, they showed it like 50 times in one day for like a month . Got a little annoying.

I'm surprised you know a lot aboot it for someone who hates the station so much. I found that it's just easier to never watch that crappy station.

"Hey turn it to that music video station."
"You mean MTV?"
"No! No! I said music!!!"

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  8:26:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You need digital cable or satellite anymore to get good (well, halfway decient) music on the TV anymore.

-----------
Trade my life for a barrel of gold.
Find someone else before I get too old.
If I live my life for aesthetic gain,
will you repay me with all your pain?
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  8:45:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your right about that one Black Lotus.

Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2002 :  12:15:52 AM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah.... I do watch MTV, some show's they have are pretty good, like Jackass, kinda stupid, but funny.

Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2002 :  12:59:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What you need is good old Canadian MuchMusic. Now we've even got MuchMoreMusic. No shows, just music, the way it should be.

Go to Top of Page

diggin
Is Anybody Here?

22 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2002 :  01:15:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who else besides me just saw them on kilborne? that was the funniest thing Ive ever seen! :lol

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2002 :  02:19:26 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not me diggin. I wish my fat lazy ass had known they were gonna be on there, I'd sure have watched. They are badass.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

joemoe
Try A Little Harder

77 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2002 :  8:07:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Better than the average Joe, Hay my names Joe! But they are good.

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2002 :  9:15:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I saw them on Kreggers, Jack Black is a great performer in my opinion, both in music and in movies.

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2002 :  04:39:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just saw a movie called "Bongwater". Check it out if you haven't seen it. Jack Black has a awesome roll as a hiding-in-the-mountains pot growing guru. He performs an incredible song solo acoustic and then does acid. Really funny!! Check it out!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

sweet_118
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  02:33:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have a question, ur probably going to laugh but u know the song tribute, what song is it about?
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  02:41:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sweet_118

i have a question, ur probably going to laugh but u know the song tribute, what song is it about?

stairway to heaven.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  02:51:18 AM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

I just saw a movie called "Bongwater". Check it out if you haven't seen it. Jack Black has a awesome roll as a hiding-in-the-mountains pot growing guru. He performs an incredible song solo acoustic and then does acid. Really funny!! Check it out!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy [img]fluff_alien.gif">[img]yinyang.gif">[img]skull.gif">[img]bigeyes2.gif">[img]censored.gif">[img]weeping.gif">[img]kitty.gif">[img]sonar.gif">[img]darkside.gif">

It's called "Jesus Ranch"

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

sweet_118
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  1:49:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok is it jesus ranch or stairway to heaven? i cant find stairway to heaven
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  2:10:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tribute is dedicated to Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin.

The song in the film Bongwater that Jack Black plays is called Jesus Ranch.

Hope that calrifies it up for you!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Muskrat
Chatterbox

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  9:33:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Muskrat's Homepage  Send Muskrat an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for calrifying

"You know, if you live long enough, eventually you're gonna die." -Words of wisdom from my dad
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2004 :  11:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Whatever happened to flaming moes?

Regardless, flaming moe anyone?

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000