Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Taping / Trading / Recording
 -=Tim Reynolds FTP (Running on Port 21)=-

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
prsmartin Posted - 11/17/2002 : 01:14:39 AM
I am going to start an ftp account for TIM REYNOLDS DOWNLOADS!!!
After saying that, I would first like to give a very big thank you to the previous ftp server. I forgot the guy's name who kept it up and running, but I met Fluffy at the Tim show on 11/07/2002 in Annapolis, MD and he told me that the ftp might no longer be up (for good). So I have decided to try my best to possibly get something available by Sunday 11/17/2002.

CONTENTS: (Only new stuff for now)
-----------------------------------------
1. I will start with the two 2002 shows that I have (10/31 & 11/4)
2. I will then work on videos, and other stuff from the original ftp
3. I'm not sure if I will get to tabs right away but some great ones
are available in the tab section on the message board

**If anyone would like to donate some stuff (anything) that I can put
up, please let me know by replying to this post

I am doing this because I want to be able to have a source for people to enjoy Tim's music as much as I do. I am also in the process of ordering an additional 80GB hard drive so that I will be able to host a ton of material for y'all.

(Please be patient until I have a chance to troubleshoot everything)

Thank You & Peace...
100   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jennyloves Posted - 08/15/2010 : 12:47:22 AM
Hi,you can try to load it,i have do , but failed.

-------------
www.tiffany-mine.com
jennyloves Posted - 07/23/2010 : 11:55:37 PM
hi, i feel interested in it after i read your post, i want to know if i need to prepare anything if i want to join you. thanks

www.tiffany-mine.com
cbfx2 Posted - 04/02/2010 : 8:01:35 PM
replied to your email with link to file.. not sure if you can download or just play only... let me know
dirtysloth Posted - 04/01/2010 : 7:39:49 PM
Awesome!!! I'd be happy to do the editing. I have Pro Tools 8 to work with it.
gnome44 Posted - 03/25/2010 : 01:11:00 AM
I can't help out with the editing (I have no idea what that entails). But...I'm really, REALLY looking forward to hearing it!
cbfx2 Posted - 03/24/2010 : 9:54:19 PM
Hey I have the 3/20 acoustic show ... right now it is just one BIG wave file. Once I split it up and edit a bit I'd be glad to share...I have a dropbox that somebody can access it and load the whole thing if you would like a crack at editing it. I only have audacity to edit with and I am am VERY slow with this program

Incredible show!
muldercat Posted - 07/09/2009 : 3:12:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

quote:
Originally posted by muldercat

enthuTIMsiast:
Thanks for the Tim downloads page! I went there today and was able to listen to Purple Rain! Thank you for that!

I loved it!!
Millissa

I'm not sure exactly what I did, but you are welcome. I believe maybe just the link I provided? That's all, that page is not my work. It's much bigger than me. :D

Well,
enthuTIMsiast:
I thank you for the link! :) It's a lot like they say in real estate, location, location!! :) Thanks for that real estate! :)
Millissa
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 06/28/2009 : 10:22:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by muldercat

enthuTIMsiast:
Thanks for the Tim downloads page! I went there today and was able to listen to Purple Rain! Thank you for that!

I loved it!!
Millissa

I'm not sure exactly what I did, but you are welcome. I believe maybe just the link I provided? That's all, that page is not my work. It's much bigger than me. :D
muldercat Posted - 06/20/2009 : 6:10:15 PM
enthuTIMsiast:

I loved it!!
Millissa
The Mass Posted - 07/12/2006 : 1:33:47 PM
I was wondering if anybody could help me obtain some of tim's newer albums on his ftp. i have been out of the connected world for a while and i wanted to know how to get some newer TR stuff. I tried loggin in with the new ftp and some of the other ones as well. I don't get use of the internet to often but often enough to check every few days. so i someone could help me out my audible senses would be in debted to you. thank you

Cheers
The Mass
peewee_zz Posted - 02/22/2006 : 12:12:28 PM
I've downloaded and have available all of the .mp3's from the ftp site except the dave&tim concerts. If anyone needs an alternative method to download these contact me by e-mail at cabbruzz@gmail.com

I also have versions of Hopefull heresy, the wayfarer, stranger in a strained land, and Doom that seem to no longer be on the ftp site. These are ones I downloaded years ago, probobly before prsmartin had taken over the ftp. There may be .shn or .flac versions of these but I did not notice them on the set lists. I have no record of which concert tour that they are from so label them as unknown venue if you feel the need to label them

once agian if you would like copies, even to upload onto the ftp site contact me by e-mail. I check my e-mail very often and will get you whatever you request as quickly as possible.
prsmartin Posted - 02/21/2006 : 07:50:50 AM
***Update***

2 new videos added to the ftp!

1) Office Hours Interview with Bob Costa - Notre Dame (NDTV)
-great interview with an acoustic Indoctrinate performance

2) 11-15-2005 The Jewish Mother - Virginia Beach, VA
-promo video for 2-cam dvd release
-soundboard audio and great video

Ckeck 'em out!
Zachmozach Posted - 08/26/2005 : 2:01:18 PM
For Bit Torrent 2Mbps would be plenty. The beautiful thing about torrents are that the more people that hop on the higher the speeds and the less of a load they put on you. Lets' say you are downloading to four peers and there are 20 people trying to download. Well those four peers are going to be uploading to 4 peers and so on and eventually people can connect to like 50+ people providing speeds so fast that my old computer can barely handle it. When I seed a torrent I usually am only uploading at like 50kbps and that seems to be plenty fine. 3mbps would be plenty.
mcfreiz Posted - 08/26/2005 : 10:11:15 AM
are there any other servers out there? I have been trying to connect but havent been able to.
I'm new here and a big Dave&Tim fan (especially after i saw them @ west point). I would love to get my hands on some of these videos but havent been able to connect.
If there are no other servers I was thinking about trying to host one. I used to run a FTP server for DMB shows but i guess bittorrent should be the way to go now. I have a upload speed of 2Mbps and was wondering if that was enough bandwidth (in FTP world, you figure about 4 connections ~45k each) but not sure how that relates to bittorrent. anyone have experience with hosting a bittorrent server?
fatejd Posted - 08/19/2005 : 07:34:14 AM
Is this server still up?
prsmartin Posted - 07/29/2005 : 10:57:05 AM
For some reason, you got routed to my junk mail. I have recovered the email and will send you the info later tonight (I am at work right now).

Sorry, I just thought you never emailed me, but it turns out that you're just junk (lol)!
foosion Posted - 07/28/2005 : 08:22:59 AM
I'm wondering why I got no email from you so far. I sent you two emails, the last one was two days ago. I am not trying to push you here, just wondering whether you actually received my emails. If there is a problem with the email communication, you can also contact me on IRC (foosion on irc.freenode.org). Alternatively I could dig out my ICQ #.
prsmartin Posted - 07/21/2005 : 09:01:24 AM
I was actually talking to a few people about uploading Flac and/or SHN for both ID and Petroglyph, but they never delivered. So, I would love it if you would upload them.

Drop me an email (unless I send you one first), and I will set you up a private upload account.

Thanks, foosion.
foosion Posted - 07/21/2005 : 08:57:38 AM
Hi, I just peeked at the forum for the first time and discovered this thread. I have a lossless copy of Petroglyph from the old FTP that I could upload. Just tell me if you are interested, and if so what format you would like to have on your FTP. It is currently in Monkey's Audio, but I could convert it to another lossless format without problems (FLAC, WavPack, Shorten, ...).

Oh, if you could get a lossless version of Id for your FTP, that would be excellent.
prsmartin Posted - 07/20/2005 : 07:56:21 AM
I recently acquired a video from Dennis Kucinich (via Chad). It is a recording from the 7-08-2005 Grog Shop show in Cleveland, OH (which I attended). I talked to Chad and I might be able to acquire the whole show in audio format, as video was only shot for the beginning half of the show, to my knowledge.

The song, as Tim announces, is Hidden Variables and this is a two-cam mix, professionally done by Kuninich's people. Great song, great video - very nice!

I will have it up on the server by tonight. Check it out, it rocks!

Thanks again to Chad.
prsmartin Posted - 07/09/2005 : 11:37:47 AM
***IP Address update***

I moved recently and my IP address has changed. Here is the new one:

I have included it in my signature and the links on the website. Please make any changes you need to connect. Thanks.
guitarisPIMP Posted - 04/27/2005 : 2:06:18 PM
Add one to this long list of complaints...

I haven't been able to connect to FTP for a while now.
FooknBurnSide Posted - 04/19/2005 : 1:10:05 PM
Aiite, i have had trouble connecting to this ftp and prsmartin hasnt been very helpful at all so if anyone can help me, im trying to connect to 69.171.62.47 on port 21 withe the login-tim and pass-reynolds, any help is much appreciated
Sachyaaam Posted - 04/14/2005 : 1:54:27 PM
I'm also having trouble with the ftp. Ive tried a number of IP's that ive foundin PRS' signatures but I cant log into the FTP. Im using CuteFTP and I have tried with both the PASV and PORT modes. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Batstone Posted - 03/24/2005 : 8:08:02 PM
hey, so no one can help me out here? id lvoe to get my hands on some more tim videos.. i onyl have a few so far... i can neer connect ot the server, except for a random time 1nce a month....
Batstone Posted - 02/17/2005 : 2:01:50 PM
Hey, when i go to the site, and the ftp says "online" i open up smart ftp.. and i put the stuff in..and i get this erorr

Connection timeout. No response from server.
Active Help Link: http://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/index.php/58
Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...

someone tell em the right IP to use
prsmartin Posted - 01/25/2005 : 7:34:41 PM
Hey everybody!

My cpu's heatsink and fan died, so that is why the FTP was down today. My ETA on the new one is tomorrow morning.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Updates to follow...
prsmartin Posted - 01/09/2005 : 10:29:13 AM
Erich, can you re-upload tracks 5-9 from Shifting Currents? I seemed to have some sort of dropout while you were in the account. It is active right now for you to upload.

Thanks again man! They sound great. FLAC RULES!!!!!

(as soon as you're done, they're going directly to the public account)
guitarisPIMP Posted - 01/07/2005 : 6:19:03 PM
oh i happen to be very experienced in the field of failing to long onto FTP servers.. What's the error message say? I may be able to help you.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 01/06/2005 : 10:46:39 AM
It's giving me a log-on error.
prsmartin Posted - 01/06/2005 : 07:36:54 AM
Please!!!

BTW, what are you uploading? DVD, audio, video, etc? (or would you have to kill me if you told)

I will send you an email with the proper login info. Thanks.
Erich Posted - 01/06/2005 : 12:07:47 AM
hey man, can i upload some stuff to you?
KevinLesko Posted - 12/26/2004 : 10:16:59 PM
awesome man, I can't wait for the torrent. I promise to keep my window up on that all day long when it becomes available.
SpaceMonkey Posted - 12/25/2004 : 03:50:47 AM
Just to clear up any confusion, there are a few omissions from the song menus on both discs. The menus were created solely from Tim's handwritten setlist: he rarely follows them and he will often throw in goofy song titles which are either improv noise or just wordplay (i.e. writing "Impregnate" instead of "Indocrinate"). I know this is old hat for the majority reading this, but for the casual fan I hope this alleviates any confusion. This is the tracklisting as I have it:

1: Intro
2: Space Pod Jesus
3: Inner City Blues (Makes Me Wanna Holler)!->
4: Hopeful Heresy
5: Babylon
6: Indocrinate
7: Try a Little Harder/And Then They Were Free
8: And Then...(cont.)
9: Doom
10: Decline In Reason
11: Mercy Street@
12: Buffalo Soldier#
13: Loose Interpretation->
14: Who Knows (Go Fuck Yourself George Bush)$
15: Big Blast of Hot Air

1: [Delay stuff]
2: Feeling Doors
3: Ten Years Gone%
4: Don't Know What
5: All You Need Is Love^
6: Kundalini Bonfire
7: Repeat the Question (not sure...sets loop, walks off, returns for
encore while loop is still playing)
8: E: Hornet's Nest
9: Tribulation
10: Pathetic/Crisis&

!Marving Gaye
@Peter Gabriel
#Bob Marley
$Jimi Hnedrix
%Led Zeppelin
^Beatles
&Helmet

And I don't know where I got Do It Yourself from in my first post..wasn't played. I'm about 99% sure that's everything though. This was the first show I videotaped; mine is the front row angle just to the right of TR. The other angle is the guy who did the dvd.
prsmartin Posted - 12/23/2004 : 1:57:26 PM
As I promised, here is the setlist for the newest addition to the FTP server. Please read the post above for a little more info on the overall quality of this show. IT ROCKS, to sum it up! Anyways, here is the DVD setlist, straight from the disc and taper's information.

I am planning on seeding a torrent for the dvd later, as well as all the other videos and dvd's that we have. I hope it all goes well! I figured that we need more torrents around here, so I am gonna start seeding torrents. Unless people have a problem with that, that's the plan.

This will greatly benefit everyone, as well as me. The people who want to use ftp can use ftp. The people who want to use torrent can use that. You get the point. As everyone knows already, torrents have a much faster download speed because they are downloaded through networks, not just from a static server. When everyone "gets in on the fun" speeds will be ridiculous.

I have been working hard on creating dvd's from the videos that we have right now and have made some headway. At first, I will only offer the albums, videos and audio recordings. After I get some dvd's made, they will distribute. Any help with those are welcomed by the way.

Check back later for more details and possibly another thread dedicated to torrents. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim Reynolds

September 15, 2004
Mexacli Blues, NJ

Video Source 1: Sony-DCPHC40 dead center on Tripod (Soright Productions)
Video Source 2: Panassonic (insert name here)
Audio Source: DSBD taped by Soright Productions

Authored, Edited and Synched by Soright Productions

Disc 1

Space Pod Jesus
Inner City Blues
Hopeful Heresy
Babylon
Indoctrinate
Spewing Forth Resolute Mist
Try A Little Harder (A lot)
The Pyramids...Still Wartime...
Decline In Reason
Mercy Street
Buffalo Soldier
Loose Interpretations/Who Knows GFYGW

Disc 2

Big Blast of Hot Air
Feeling Doors
You Don't Know-DYW
All You Need
Kundalini Bonfire
Hornet's Nest
Tribulation
Pathetic
Crisis --be nice to the pretty guitar

compiled on 11.14.04
prsmartin Posted - 12/23/2004 : 1:45:13 PM
filmdude100cms: you are correct that STG is dead and the torretn link is dead as well. However...

gil4president: Typically when code "pops up" in your internet explorer (ie) its because of no recognition of the file. Yes, the torrent is dead. But when the software (torrent client) installed does not register to ie (or vice versa), the code opens. That is really what a torrent is, code. Depending on your torrent client, you may not be able to open a torrent from a menu as we have here at TR's site. There are a couple things you can do to resolve this.

1. Re-install your torrent client, and get any new ie updates from Microsoft (or Netscape, Mozilla, etc)
2. If you are technically savy you can create your own torrent file and insert the code that pops up in ie, by copying and pasting into the file.

Those are just a couple ways to resolve this, if neither work, please log into the ftp and download any shows from there. I not only have that dvd, but I have many more shows in both audio and video format. Not only that, there are free albums, TR3, Tim & Dave, clips, etc.

Good luck and, as always, if you need anything, email me or post back. Thanks. Later...
filmdude100cms Posted - 12/23/2004 : 12:13:12 AM
that torrent is used through the sharring the groove tracker, and since STG is dead, it wont work... but those files are in the FTP.
gil4president Posted - 12/22/2004 : 9:24:24 PM
ummm...well I'm not sure if this should be on this forum, but I was just wondering about the torrents I've been trying to download the tim and dave dvd. Whenever I click on the link alot of code pops up on to my screen
filmdude100cms Posted - 12/22/2004 : 3:12:57 PM
yay it works now!
prsmartin Posted - 12/22/2004 : 10:11:56 AM
UPDATE!!!!!

I recently received, via US Mail, a BEAUTIFUL DVD of TR from 9-15-2004 at Mexicali Blues in Teaneck, NJ.

The dvd is a pro shot, 3-cam mix. Wonderful editing job, and the audio is an unbelievable, un"paralleled" quality. It features both electric and acoustic (six, twelve, etc) and a smokin' setlist. Many of the songs are from this new album, which I am very pleased to announce. Its a taster before the album releases soon!

This DVD is one of the best overall quality video recordings on the server. Everyone knows how much I love the 10-10-2001 WWSU video, but this is up there, mainly because of the different camera angles and mixed audio.

I will post the setlist later today. Check my next post in a little while for some new distribution info regarding the FTP and Torrents. It is definitely good news!

-A very special, huge thanks to Pamela Cramer, and from what I understand, her husband, for getting me this dvd, and so quickly might I add! Thanks guys!!!
prsmartin Posted - 12/22/2004 : 10:00:34 AM
Yes, an FTP client is usually the best way to get a good connection with better and more stable download speeds.

Sorry for the tardiness of this reply, but nonetheless, its replied to.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 12/17/2004 : 08:24:59 AM
You really need to use an FTP Client to get the best results, I find.
tito06 Posted - 12/16/2004 : 3:46:06 PM
the website says the ftp is online, but when i click the link it doesnt work. it just tries to load for a while, then says something like "unable to connect". is it just being hit hard? or is it not really up now?
prsmartin Posted - 12/16/2004 : 10:50:19 AM
IP ADDRESS UPDATE

Please make a note of the changes.

The new ip address is: 69.171.62.47
prsmartin Posted - 11/30/2004 : 08:15:05 AM
New TR show in the ftp!!!!!

Check it out while its hot...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim Reynolds

Sunday, September 19, 2004
Harpers Ferry
Allston, MA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: AKG C1000s > DigiMod Edirol UA-5 > Nomad JB3 (via optical)
Setup: Directly left of stage, Mics ~ 6' and 8', 2' from speaker*
Conv: JB3 > Dell Inspiron 5150 via USB > CD Wave 1.92 (Track Division) >
FLAC Frontend > FLAC (Level 5)
Taper: Robby Grossman (robby@robbygrossman.com)

* Being the clever taper that I'm not, I left my T-Bar at home. So one mic went on
the stand, the other was tucked into my jacket pocket, which was tied around the
stand. Believe it or not, somehow, there was no rubbing or interference at all;
However, the right channel was set slightly too high, and so there are peaks in
some tracks--especially in the encore when Tim busted out the electric.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: PLEASE DO NOT CONVERT TO ANY LOSSY FORMAT SUCH AS MP3

Disc 1
1. Intro
2. Interdimensional Permutations
3. Jemez Rolling Waves
4. Hopeful Heresy
5. Come Together &
6. Buffalo Soldier
7. Cellular Landscape Adjustments
8. Babylon
9. Indoctrinate
10. Flourescence !
11. Letting Go !
12. 10 Years Later !
13. Doom !
14. Crown Chakra Elevator
15. Dreaming

Disc 2
1. Primitive
2. Cold Turkey
3. Neutrinos Sprinking Radiation
4. Do It Yourself !
5. Don't Know What !
6. Pleroma of Pineal Paradise
7. All You Need &
8. Kundalini Bonfire
9. Encore Break
10. Hornet's Nest @
11. Tribulation @
12. Pathetic @

! 12-string
@ Electric

& Beatles Cover

All tracks on 6-string acoustic unless otherwise noted.
MB- Thanks for the passes and for getting me on the guest list. I mean, I paid for
the tickets anyway, but now I feel famous. Also thanks for getting my back :)
Tim- Thanks for an awesome show, for allowing taping, and for the space ship.
Fluffy- Thanks for the banana.
Compiled by Robby Grossman on 09-23-2004.
prsmartin Posted - 11/30/2004 : 08:13:21 AM
filmdude100cms: Try it again later and let me know...

onesweetwh1rld: Glad its working now for you. Usually when servers read as being timed out, it means that the connection between the isp's is bad (severed). ISP's are constantly battling this dreaded time out, but they are eventually inevitable. Unfortunately, its out of my hands, or any ftp server admin's, its the pain-in-the-ass isp's. Man, they are annoying. Anyways, just wanted to let you know so if you see this a lot with other servers as well, contact your isp and let them know they are timing out often, and tell 'em to get their lazy asses out and fix it.

Thanks for the patience guys...
onesweetwh1rld Posted - 11/30/2004 : 07:16:33 AM
yeah, it was timing out earlier this week but now it seems to be working
filmdude100cms Posted - 11/29/2004 : 8:08:24 PM
yeah umm, i tried it in my PC, cause i use FTP to keep up my server, and i always use that. and i used ummm, like filezilla or somethin like that. ill try later if i have time though.
prsmartin Posted - 11/29/2004 : 10:06:32 AM
I don't really know what your error actually is.

Try a few things:
1. Make sure the server is online by checking in the audio or video sections to see if the indicator is either online or offline.
2. Try using a ftp client application. Some isp's don't allow ftp connections unless you are logging in through a client.
3. Log the errors and post them (or email them) so I can see exactly what the problems are.

Thanks! Let me know what pans out for you...
filmdude100cms Posted - 11/25/2004 : 2:57:04 PM
hmmm, its not workin for me, any ideas on whats wrong?
prsmartin Posted - 11/09/2004 : 1:19:29 PM
New material coming soon to the FTP!!! It will be another audio recording, and I'm working on another video as someone contacted me about this. Check back for further updates...

By the way, I JUST TURNED 500!!!!! Go me...

I am now officially a YAK ADDICT!!!!! (as if there was any doubt before)
Fuzz Posted - 11/08/2004 : 4:22:58 PM
just to say that it works for me now, thanx a lot
prsmartin Posted - 11/08/2004 : 11:16:22 AM
IP ADDRESS UPDATE

The new ip address is: 69.171.49.148

-------------------------------------

Sorry for the change, once again. I seem (at the moment) to not be able to get a static ip from my isp. I am working on it, as well as my own server. If that happens, we'd be looking at like 500kbps max per user, depending on server activity and volume. Keep the fingers crossed. As ususal, any updates will be posted asap.

Thanks for everyone's patience (and the kind words I have received)!!!
Fuzz Posted - 10/21/2004 : 5:15:55 PM
I can't access to the ftp since a long time... I don't understand (I upadte the IP, try at different times, but nothing to do
an idea ? thx !
prsmartin Posted - 10/12/2004 : 3:45:58 PM
IP ADDRESS UPDATE

The new ip address is: 69.171.38.23
sciphish Posted - 09/30/2004 : 11:13:16 AM
I was trying to log on, but my ftp client says its timing out. Im using ftp le or something, whatever is on my schools computer. ANy help would be great. And keep up the good work.
prsmartin Posted - 09/30/2004 : 07:40:13 AM
Just a reminder to you all:

Please check the ip address on the website and in my signature. You guys have been trying to connect to a private ip address. The new one has been up for almost two weeks now. That is where the problem lies.

Try it again later this morning...
CPPJames Posted - 09/29/2004 : 8:13:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by guitarisPIMP

im using SmartFTP 1.0 (build 981) and passive mode is on.

I get the following error:
Connecting to (192.168.2.21) -> IP: 192.168.2.21 PORT: 21
Connected to (192.168.2.21) -> Time = 10ms
Socket connected waiting for login sequence.
An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

You're trying to FTP to 192.168.2.21? That's most likely your router or another machine on your network...definitely internal.
guitarisPIMP Posted - 09/29/2004 : 6:39:15 PM
im using SmartFTP 1.0 (build 981) and passive mode is on.

I get the following error:
Connected to (192.168.2.21) -> Time = 10ms
An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
Fuzz Posted - 09/29/2004 : 5:02:03 PM
is the ftp running ? I can't access since few days and it's always offline on the site...
prsmartin Posted - 09/29/2004 : 1:47:55 PM
Try checking the passive mode options in your ftp options/preferences. Go to the menu and activate the passive mode due to router & firewall re-routing.

Try that and let me know waht you come up with.

Thanks.
kundalini69 Posted - 09/28/2004 : 9:21:41 PM
FTP client
prsmartin Posted - 09/28/2004 : 6:22:26 PM
Just out of curiosity, are you guys trying to login using Internet Explorer, or through an FTP Client application?

That might help me clarify what your problems are.

Thanks. Later...
kundalini69 Posted - 09/28/2004 : 6:11:42 PM
I got onto it once, but havent been able to for the last few days.
guitarisPIMP Posted - 09/28/2004 : 1:36:57 PM
am i still the only one having problems getting onto the FTP server? i think ive only successfully logged onto it once.
guitarisPIMP Posted - 09/23/2004 : 5:13:14 PM
im still having the exact same problem i posted previously, man...dont know wat it is
prsmartin Posted - 09/22/2004 : 5:08:10 PM
WOOHOO!!!

The FTP is working great now, and I have some new server software too, which is making everything so much smoother!

Hey, Fuzz, what show do you have? And, are you interested in uploading? Let me know, we need more material. Can't get enough TR!

Thanks everyone for their patience through all the crap!
Fuzz Posted - 09/22/2004 : 3:04:07 PM
Thank you very much, it works now

I have a show in .asf that I will add as soon as I can (it's a streaming video I downloded in 2001 on hob.com, I don't know wish show it is but it's a good quality)
prsmartin Posted - 09/21/2004 : 6:14:14 PM
Hey y'all. (that sounded pretty hillbillie-ish)

Anyways, just an update for you's.

IP Address Change. The public ip address is now available, rather than the private router ip address, as pointed out by OmegaGOD. I had the server setup backwards, so the ip that my server software was registering was the private ip. I switched it around, did some re-routing, etc, etc, etc, and all should be well agian soon.

Please make note of the new ip address:

Thanks everyone. Later...
guitarisPIMP Posted - 09/21/2004 : 2:58:37 PM

"Continue to login attempt 8...
Connected to (192.168.2.21) -> Time = 0ms
An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine."

based on that error message i received, im guessing its software compatability issues...maybe security issues.
OmegaGOD Posted - 09/21/2004 : 02:51:52 AM
prsmartin, thanks for looking into it. I've been a huge Tim Reynolds fan and appreciate what you've done in setting up an FTP server to allow fellow fans to share and enjoy Tim's music.
prsmartin Posted - 09/20/2004 : 6:26:50 PM
My sincerest apologies guys. I have some people downloading right now, so I figured that everything was ok. It seems as if OmegaGOD is correct (to an extent). I have some people logged in downloading, but others who cannot. I am investigating the issue, and pretty much know what needs to be done.

All I ask is for understanding, and to accept my apologies in thinking everything was ok. But, it takes someone telling me what's wrong before I know, so thanks to OmegaGOD and Fuzz for bringing this to my attention. Sorry guys, but I on the issue as of......now!
Fuzz Posted - 09/20/2004 : 4:52:29 PM
I try to get to he ftp since few weeks and it never works for me too ...
OmegaGOD Posted - 09/19/2004 : 01:32:02 AM
Good day,
It seems as if no one will be able to log into your FTP server. The IP address in which it is hosted from, 192.168.2.21, is a private subnet. It looks like you might have installed a router. You are going to need a public IP address if you want to be able to have people access your FTP server.

--Dan
prsmartin Posted - 09/16/2004 : 4:13:37 PM
Yes, it is running.

Secondly, I fuckin hate viruses!!!!! They suck ass. 'Nuff said.

Yeah we are back online, and have been, for the last few days or so. I think the new "w32.pinfi" viruse was stealth blocking my ports. In other words, my system was screwed up, and I just got it clean. I recommed everyone get rid of this virus (its actually a worm). It attaches it self to every single .exe file on your system and infects it. Its also memory based, so it attaches itself to windows explorer, and every program you run gets infected. It really, truly sucks, but its not that bad to get rid of.

So, I think that the virus may have been messing everything up, but its gone now.

So, hopefully that answers your question.

Try to login and if you can't let me know. Thanks.
JTR Posted - 09/16/2004 : 10:08:21 AM
PM, I'm just wondering why I've been having difficulty getting onto the FTP. You've said it is running, yet I cannot get on. I'm just wondering if it's a problem on my end, or if it's just been really busy lately (which would be good for the spread of TRism).
prsmartin Posted - 09/15/2004 : 6:12:45 PM
Hey everyone......UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some new TR3 and TR shows were added to the FTP. The new show from 9-10-2004 in Utica, NY @ The Electric Company is in there (thanks to the taper/seeder - see the text info file).

BTW, I forgot to load my AIM icon, but the server is online right now. I know it says offline in the Audio/Video sections, but nonetheless, it is running.

Thanks everyone!

(Who's getting excited about the new album? I know I sure as hell am!)
prsmartin Posted - 09/07/2004 : 06:51:20 AM
Yeah, the server was offline for a couple hours. My power was out, so no juice to the server. However, its back today. Sorry 'bout that!
guitarisPIMP Posted - 09/06/2004 : 3:57:06 PM
"Resolving host name 192.168.2.21...
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

same error as before

*EDIT* Nevermind its probably jsut because you have the server offline right now, the site says its offline anyways....probly shoulda checked before i posted
prsmartin Posted - 09/06/2004 : 12:41:24 PM
FTP is Back!!!!!

I hope you all enjoy the upgraded server...
guitarisPIMP Posted - 09/05/2004 : 5:44:31 PM
I think i can speak for everyone on the forum when i say that your efforts and those that assist you are greatly appreciated with all of the FTP maintenance.

I know wat a B*tch networking can be because I have spent the past 3 weeks trying to get my linux computer able to be part of My Network Places on my other computer using Samba, and so far, unsuccessful

I'll be checkin back later tonite on the server. Thanks again!
prsmartin Posted - 09/05/2004 : 5:19:12 PM
Great news!!!

The ftp will be back online later tonight (tomorrow morning at the very latest). The FTP/router issues have been resolved. I am in the process of performing the file cleanup, designations, etc.

Here's what the problem entailed, and why the server was down for the past two weeks:

I had to have Belkin send me a patch and directions to unblock the FTP ports 20 & 21 (the crucial ports). There was a compatability issue with the router and the firewall/server software and hardware I have in place. My attempts to "program" the router were unsuccessful, so Belkin came through and rectified it for me. Kudos to them and their service for helping me/us!

I would like to thank everyone for their patience during the down time. I know it was annoying and frustrating. Trust me, it was plenty frustrating and time consuming for me. I was pretty much at wits end about this. Nonetheless, the issues are resolved now.

JTR and guitarisPIMP: Thanks for your patience guys! If you need anything else, email me (or post).

Hopefully soon, we will have another album in the FTP!!! Keep checking back for updates. I have a project in the works for a server update. I'll keep everyone posted as I progress.
guitarisPIMP Posted - 09/02/2004 : 5:31:21 PM
you can PM me too when you get the chance

thanks again
JTR Posted - 09/01/2004 : 8:44:13 PM
Any new news on the FTP. I'm back at school (fast internet) so I'd love to check out some of the new shows and videos I've read so much about over the summer. No rush of course. PM your efforts are always greatly appreciated.
prsmartin Posted - 08/25/2004 : 7:36:27 PM
I am making huge progress with the router/server issues. That is probably why you now have a different error. It is nice to see a different error message, however odd that sounds.

Thanks for the input! Later...
guitarisPIMP Posted - 08/25/2004 : 3:32:23 PM
"Continue to login attempt 2...
A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network."

interesting error now...
guitarisPIMP Posted - 08/25/2004 : 3:28:21 PM
"Continue to login attempt 2...
A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network."

interesting error now...
prsmartin Posted - 08/24/2004 : 4:17:13 PM
Thanks for your understanding.

It sucks how everything works fine, then you upgrade to make it better, and it backfires. Go figure. Anyways, I am working hard to get it fixed, but this damn thing is tempermental as hell.

Any questions or anything, let me know. Thanks again.
guitarisPIMP Posted - 08/24/2004 : 3:36:04 PM
nope it wasnt me with that email but thanks for the immediate feedback! I'll be checking later on, and hopefully downloading
prsmartin Posted - 08/23/2004 : 1:44:24 PM
Regarding the server online/offline:

I recently, over the weekend, upgraded my router which supports both my server system and my other personal system. I have had some issues with the built-in firewall. I am writing some code (software/program) to disable the default firewall when the server is on. Everything is working fine besides this one damn thing. Everytime a user tries to login, my server software recognizes the ip address, but the router says no way, sorry, go away. The router is the brand new Belkin model, and it kicks ass. But, it is so secured that it is hard to get around it (which is good for security reasons). Anyways, it will be resolved ASAP. I promise. It could be 5 minutes, and it could be five hours or tomorrow, but rest it will be fixed.

I don;t know if that was you, guitarisPIMP, that emailed me about the issue, but I haven't replied because I have been working on the router pretty hard.

Thanks for your patience! Sorry for any inconvenience!

Later...
guitarisPIMP Posted - 08/23/2004 : 12:15:13 PM
hey im having a problem with the server. It seems no matter whether the server is online or offline (and i am judging this by the little icon under the ftp information in this website), i cannot connect to the server. I get the following error:

"Connecting to (192.168.2.21) -> IP: 192.168.2.21 PORT: 21
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

This leads me to believe that the server is down, but i check the info on the website and it says Online with the green dot next to it. I'm at a loss here...
prsmartin Posted - 08/17/2004 : 10:42:08 AM
1.) The TR3 shows will be up later today

2.) Hopefully I will have the 4 new CA shows uploaded soon

3.) IP address update. Please note any necessary changes. (I bought a new router for my house, so the dynamic ip's updated. Sorry)

Thanks. Later...
prsmartin Posted - 08/06/2004 : 12:04:45 PM
Updates soon!

Two new shows later...thanks BIG TIME to Kevin!!!
prsmartin Posted - 07/12/2004 : 4:46:48 PM
Erich, I sent you an email a while back about the mystic show and I hadn't heard back from you so I figured you were pretty busy. Anyways, I didn't get a chance to get it, so if you could email me the link I can get it tonight (or, you could upload it later, whatever). Also, I have the 6-23 Buffalo show (finished last night) from the archive, and the next on my list is 9-29-2003.

Any info on the new album would be greatly appreciated! Keep me posted so we can get everything in order.

Thanks!
Erich Posted - 07/11/2004 : 4:22:48 PM
did you get the Mystic show up there? also, the 9/29 show is on the archive, and the new 6/23 show is up too (retracked and named).

when i get back, im going to post about the studio albums (Light up ahead, shifting currents, tr3...). If things go well we can get them by the end of this month.
prsmartin Posted - 07/11/2004 : 12:15:35 PM
Just a friendly reminder from your fellow FTP Admin:

Please check the ip address on the website before sending me an email saying that you were trying to login, and there was errors. In particular, the error message that reads server cannot be found, or even the address not found, or server not responding, etc. If you get anything similar to these, please go to the audio/video sections of the website and check the ip address. It changes from time to time. This way, it saves you (and me) time by having to relay to you through email that the address you were using to login was the old one.

Just check the website first. It'll make more sense to you why you can't get in to the FTP.
prsmartin Posted - 06/30/2004 : 4:18:50 PM
Hey everyone! I am REALLY sorry for the FTP being down over the past week. But, let me explain...

I was in the process of moving, and my isp cancelled my service and transferred it to my new address too soon last week. They couldn't get anybody out to my place (either one) to correct their blunder. Anyways, long story short, They got everything set up last night, so the server will be back online later tonight, tomorrow morning at the latest.

Once again, I sincerely apologize for the "downtime" as of late, but I assure everyone that it is all fixed. Thanks for your understanding.

Peace.
prsmartin Posted - 06/15/2004 : 11:47:15 AM
IP Address Update. Please note any changes. Thanks!
prsmartin Posted - 06/10/2004 : 9:50:35 PM
Some updates will be soming soon! Oh, yeah! Check back soon...

(thanks to Erich......he be the man!)
prsmartin Posted - 05/23/2004 : 12:55:32 PM
My apologies for having the ftp down over the past few days. There were a bunch of viruses going around, and I acquired on. Luckily it was a crappy, mild one.

Anyways, instead of worrying about spreading a virus around to hundreds of people downloading TR's music, I shut down the ftp for a few days until I fixed all the problems. They are done now, and its back up!

Also, there is an ip address change. Please make a note of it and make any necessary changes.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000